Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Final Fantasy XIII

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Final Fantasy XIII Reply with quote

Or as I call it Press X to Win, They have simplified it far to much you only control 1 character and you have very few options on it.

The characters are infuriating a bunch of children. One charcter declares herself to be a mother (she looks about 14) by the line 'Moms are tough' Sick It's OK she dies. Laughing

The graphics are amazing everything else irritates me about it.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:26 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

how many hours have you done so far?
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:36 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many, maybe 2, all this talk of heros is making me angry. Laughing

It just seems far too simple at the moment I can't see any form of leveling up.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:38 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another game being dumbed-down to the lowest common denominator (arcade console)?
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:45 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Not many, maybe 2, all this talk of heros is making me angry. Laughing

It just seems far too simple at the moment I can't see any form of leveling up.

The levelling up part gets explained later if it hasn't already. then you learn how to change tactics etc. it's slow at explaining the tutorial.
____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:53 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just started on the 3rd chapter, I'm about 3 hours in, by this stage of the game I'd expect to have free run and a clear quest/goal in front of me.

So far I've followed a completely linear path tapping X through battles while looking out of the window with not much clue to whats going on.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't picked up FFXIII yet, but if you like the genre and want a real treat then give Tales of Vesperia a try. I'm utterly smitten with this game Very Happy
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
I haven't picked up FFXIII yet, but if you like the genre and want a real treat then give Tales of Vesperia a try. I'm utterly smitten with this game Very Happy


I'm fed up with squeaky voiced kids what are the charcters like in it?

It's really hard to play a Final Fantasy if you honestly don't give a shit weather the charcters live or die. Laughing
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:43 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's got better, now the battles has expanded abit
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 21 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, when I first started I wasn't overly impressed. After two hours I was interested, ten hours later I was utterly enthralled. Now over twenty hours in and it's possibly one of the best RPGs I've played. The voice acting is great, not something you'll normally hear me say about an English dub. The jokes, sarcasm and characters have actually made me laugh aloud in places.

It's quite linear but the story is actually enough to keep you working through it, actively wanting to hit the next bit to see what develops next rather than just run around. Sort of the opposite of Fallout 3.
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:28 - 22 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm part way through the 5th chapter now I think with a good 5/6 hours game play, It has all been so linear so far. I'm not a massive fun of hugely open games but abit of choice would be nice. Also there doesn;t appear to be any charcter customisation unlike the other games I don't see that point of you controlling the crystal thingy when you get the same results at the end of the day. The story isn't brilliant, the gameplay has been over simplified, the characters suck the only thing keeping me interested (aside from my loyalty to the series) is the stunning graphics, they are top class.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:30 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blame the choice of putting it on a shitsixty Wink



*fire proof hat & cape on*






















Only kidding fanbois Wink
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it has anything to do with it, I have it on the PS3 anyway. The story is confusing and characters suck and the battle system ain't great yet I still play it not really sure why I'm hoping it gets better.

They is literally no character custmization. I wish they would just remake 7 with the same basic gameplay but expand it abit with smoother graphics and gameplay.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say kidding Laughing

I heard it was crap too.

TBF, I only played 12 which I thoroughly enjoyed. Thumbs Up
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:07 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Favourite is 7 by far, followed by 9 then 10. I watch the opening video of x2 at a friends and that nearly put me off any future final fantasy games for life.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really comment on how good/bad it is but I enjoyed it a lot, and so did my friends who loved all the other ones. Their favourite is 7 too. Thumbs Up
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:27 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

7 is by far the best of any the ones I have played. Which is pretty much all of them apart from XI, XII and XIII. Thumbs Up
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dischord
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:22 - 24 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm going to reveal a slight spoiler so look away if you like but I think it will encourage you to play more Razz

Wait until your characters get to Pulse, that chapter is where the game really started for me, you end up in a massive area (think Calm Lands from FFX but bigger...) and you can free roam to your hearts content. You can also start the first optional quest which is the Mark Hunting.

Vanille has to be the most annoying character ever, her whiny little fucking voice nearly made me snap the disc in half...and then her battle noises, is she on the verge of orgasm or what? seriously annoying...so I see where you're coming from.

And as for press X and win, just wait until the real boss battles start, without changing paradigm and using your buffs and debuffs there's no way in hell you will win just by pressing X.

It helps if you don't see the game as a FF and just see it as a stand alone Action/RPG old school JRPGs are dead unfortunately. I can't wait to try out Tales of Vesperia.
____________________
2012 KTM EXC 250

Check out my vids - https://www.youtube.com/user/KTMSparky/videos
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Philious
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:29 - 26 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read on twitter the other day that Square Enix are looking at the possiblity of remaking Final Fantasy 7 for the next gen consoles.
____________________
Previously; Honda XR125 - Yamaha DT125r - Aprilia Rs125 - Suzuki GS500e, Currently; Kawasaki ZX6R + ZX10R
Theory : Passed 28/7/09 Module 1: Passed 21/09/09 Module 2: Passed 23/09/09
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TomCB
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 04 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:33 - 26 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got to where Lightning conjures up that knight thing on the bridge (her summon?) and her and Hope have to fight it. Died a couple of times earlier, so im gonna have another crack at it later.
____________________
Faldo: "Classic BCF. A thread about sky diving is NSFW on post #2."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 27 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I read on twitter the other day that Square Enix are looking at the possiblity of remaking Final Fantasy 7 for the next gen consoles.



It would be interesting, but hasn't that rumour been around for ages?

And i'm sure they officialy quashed it at least once.

[EDIT] Seems they are considering again, guess they aren't making enough money from the shit they are peddling.

https://play.tm/news/29595/square-enix-mulling-ffvii-remake/

I reckon they would fuck it up, as none of the original characters spoke and they would have to find voices. Which probably wouldn't meet your expectations.

https://play.tm/news/29163/square-enix-talk-final-fantasy-vii-remake/

That says only if they could make it in less than a year, I think that given the length of time required for similar games, that it would be rather difficult to do that, and would be lacking.

I wonder how long the resident evil game took to remake for the gamecube, and that was probably 1/32 the size of final fantasy if not smaller than that.

I think 7 is fine the way it is, because they don't speak.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 27 Mar 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I started playing original CRPG's in earnest a few years ago(Fallout, Arcanum and Planescape Torment being the holy trinity). A long time after I first started playing Final Fantasy, Grandia and other such things...

JRPG's seem to be seriously lacking in depth and freedom and I just can't tolerate them any more.

They are made for a completely different culture than ours, and there are very specific reasons they are the way they are, but I would recommend checking out some proper computer RPG's if you are after a bit more depth.

Thumbs Up
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 02 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
https://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/1569-Final-Fantasy-XIII

I love Yahtzee.

I've never played FF games, and never want to. Anything with "turned based combat" can suck my balls. Why take the interesting bit out of the user hands?

lalalalalalalalalalala
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:20 - 02 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I'm a big fan of turn based combat either, bu FFXII is a different type. It's not turn based, but depending how many enemies are (quite a lot) it can slow down and go to "turn based". Otherwise it depends on your weapon and your characters speed.

I do love when your group hit one thing all at the same time and just drops dead.

Can't say anything for FFXIII but the ones before FFXII were turn based as far as I know.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:18 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got this through lovefilm (I neglected shelling out 30+ bucks near release due to this thread Very Happy ) and I am every bit as disappointed as I imagined I would be. I loved 7, 8, 9 and even 12 and I liked 10 in a mild, yet loyal way. I like the earlier titles too, but it's hard to get into them on emulators after playing 7 and above (DS remakes were a good idea IMO.)
I thought 12s reinvention of the battle system was a step in the right direction, so naturally Squeenix had to balls this one up. So very, very glad I never paid for this title. Will stick it out to the end and then lob that game that TSurfer recommended on my lovefilm list.

The magic found on the PSone games is long gone in my sad opinion. I often wonder about getting eternal sunshined and re-finding my love with these games (and maybe do the missus as well and go back to a newcar smell relationship Laughing ).
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 31 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.2 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 134.9 Kb