Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bike Covers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

400bandit
World Chat Champion



Joined: 21 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 03 Apr 2010    Post subject: Bike Covers Reply with quote

Right, I'm about to buy an 05' Speed Triple but the problem is I don't have a garage and I kind of want to keep it in good nick. I already have a heat proof cover which I use on my Firestorm but when ever I take it off, the bike always looks a right mess, even if the bike was dry and clean before putting it on.

I'm thinking I want one with a double skin, waterproof outer, soft inner? The Oxford Rainex looks good but a few people report them drawing up water from the bottom which covers the bike in mess when taking the cover off?

Joe
____________________
Current Bikes 650 Honda Bros, VTR1000 Firestorm // Past Bikes: Sachs Madass 50/110cc - Bandit 400 - FZR750
(+ a XS650 in lots of pieces in my garage and other places...)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ulster exile
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 18 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 03 Apr 2010    Post subject: Re: Bike Covers Reply with quote

400bandit wrote:
I'm thinking I want one with a double skin, waterproof outer, soft inner? The Oxford Rainex looks good but a few people report them drawing up water from the bottom which covers the bike in mess when taking the cover off?


It does exactly that. The salesman warned us to "roll up" the bottom edge so that it didn't sit on the ground as the inner would act as a wick for the moisture. We did roll up the bottom edge and it still was wet underneath. That was a money back job. We use the Aquatex now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 04 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a tarpaulin type cover, and pitch it over you bike like a tent, the water will roll off it. I use an Oxford breathable with fleece liner for years, and it was fine, I never let it go in the mud.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 186 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 36.06 Kb