 tvchimp World Chat Champion

Joined: 29 Sep 2009 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 20:59 - 04 Apr 2010 Post subject: VFR750 FL (1990) ... Restricted? |
 |
|
I've got a VFR 750 FL (1990 G-reg) which I was given by my dad earlier this year - It's pristine apart from the downpipes which need to be replaced due to being made out of mild steel and now have quite a number of holes in them...
My question is, I'm curious if it's possible to restrict the bike and if so, how? Carbs/washers and/or others? I think a few have owned this (I know Kickstart definitly does still - as per recent posts)
I've been searching around for a restriction kit for a VFR 750 but not been able to find one, would it be possible to make one (if they were only washers) and would I need to modify anything else? and would it cause damage to the engine? I know a lot of 600's are restricted for people on A2 licenses, but wondered if it would be just as easy for the 750?
Thanks in advance for responses
[edit] - Have seen the ones from FI international but there is no way in hell I'm paying £172.99 for them - might as well do the DAS for that+A2 license!... Might be aiming for the DAS... |
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 23:49 - 04 Apr 2010 Post subject: Re: VFR750 FL (1990) ... Restricted? |
 |
|
| tvchimp wrote: | I've got a VFR 750 FL (1990 G-reg) which I was given by my dad earlier this year - It's pristine apart from the downpipes which need to be replaced due to being made out of mild steel and now have quite a number of holes in them...
My question is, I'm curious if it's possible to restrict the bike and if so, how? Carbs/washers and/or others? I think a few have owned this (I know Kickstart definitly does still - as per recent posts)
I've been searching around for a restriction kit for a VFR 750 but not been able to find one, would it be possible to make one (if they were only washers) and would I need to modify anything else? and would it cause damage to the engine? I know a lot of 600's are restricted for people on A2 licenses, but wondered if it would be just as easy for the 750?
Thanks in advance for responses
[edit] - Have seen the ones from FI international but there is no way in hell I'm paying £172.99 for them - might as well do the DAS for that+A2 license!... Might be aiming for the DAS... |
I don't think Kickstart does have one. I think you might be thinking of Stinkwheel perhaps.
In the way of 'official' restriction, the only real option is FI international. That said, there is no 'official' restriction method sanctioned by law, so you can restrict it yourself using carb inlet washers if you know the dimensions of the FI international washers. Alternatively a throttle stop might give the same results. A dyno run will provide you with an idea of whether or not you are successful, and proof of restriction. Sort of.
Of course you can restrict the bike then remove the restriction, so I guess the proof of restriction is almost irrelevant. As long as the police don't throw a wobbler if you have a crash and the bike makes more than 33bhp, its not an issue. ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
 Frost World Chat Champion

Joined: 26 May 2004 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 00:49 - 05 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
The only other real problem is that most police men think engine size and power are basically the same thing, so if they pull you on a 750 expect more hassle than you'd get on a 250 2 stroke, despite them both being way over power  |
|