Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Noise cancelling helmet friendly headphones with remote?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:15 - 10 Apr 2010    Post subject: Noise cancelling helmet friendly headphones with remote? Reply with quote

OK I don't want much do I Laughing

Are there any ear plug like headphones on the market that block wind noise, stay in your ear when you try to put helmet on Rolling Eyes and preferably with a remote to control an ipod/phone ?

Don't really want to spend a fortune either!
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

LeeR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:28 - 10 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sennheiser CX range worked for me, but I just couldn't get on with music whilst riding, on offer @£18 from Amazon at the moment, usually £60: here, alternatively get custom plugs made with speakers in for around £200 from Ultimate Ear
____________________
My claim to fame: Austin Vince nicked my pen...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sparks!
Sir Tart-a-lot



Joined: 30 Aug 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 10 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balls to £200 for ear phones!!

The amazon ones you linked to look quite good though, no ipod controller but just seen you can buy them seperately for a few quid so that gets round that problem.. even better if i can fit a controller to the bars or something hmmm..

today was first time ive listened to music whilst riding and really enjoyed it.. felt no real different to when you listen to music in the car in terms of concentration, only downside is i probably looked like a twat singing and noddin me head to eminem whilst stuck at some traffic lights Laughing
____________________
Current Toys: 06 Yamaha WR250F | Nissan 350Z GT | Tech 4 Homes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bubbs
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 10 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listen to music all the time on the bike. Got normal earphones as I'm on a YBR125 and not much noise as I'm in london and don't go above 50. But the trick is to make loads of different play lists. Then there's no need for skipping.

Also if you have audio books etc then make sure you change the settings so they don't play if you want to use the shuffle function.

When I finally pass my test I think I'll need to invest in some noise cancelling ones.
____________________
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 10 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they not invented noise cancelling in normal earphones not the in-ear thingys, they dont get on well with my ears... Sad
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

m0l0t0v
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:50 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the whole idea of noise cancelling is pretty much being in ear Laughing

As it blocks out anything else reaching your ears Laughing


Those Sennheiser look the nuts though. Will need to give them a try.
____________________
'99 Hornet 600 Sad, VFR 400 NC30 '92 Neutral, Kasawamasaki GT 550 Crying or Very sad, '98 Hornet 600 Mr. Green
**\Tarmacsurfer/** said: It's that immaculately manly coiffure of yours isn't it. One glimpse of your virile locks and the punters can't wait to buy whatever it is you suggest, as it might let them be just a little bit like the Adonis that is our very own Molly Very Happy Doovydoo said: Its not my fault I can't get it up properly, I just wasn't blessed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cyberglass
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:43 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

the best i have EVER used came with my sony erricson w850 they completely block out noise when there in and are comfortable to wear with my lid on and are great when plugged into my iphone although i had to buy a extension cable to make the jack reach my pocket.

These ones
https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-Sony-Ericsson-HPM-70-Headphones-For-W850-W850i_W0QQitemZ220548236305QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhoneAccessories_MobilePhoneBatteries?hash=item3359b30411
____________________
DL650 Vstrom 2004
DRZ400S 2003
Yamaha R1 2005
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:36 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Re: Noise cancelling helmet friendly headphones with remote? Reply with quote

The Sennheiser's work about as well as the Ultimate Ear ones, however the Ultimate Ear ones are more comfortable and stay in your ears better.
Some helmets have a removable bit by the ear you need to take out (even using with the moulded ones), some you may need to shave some foam in that area while others just work.

Remember you need a fairly chunky remote to use with gloves on.

Watch out for fake Sennheisers which are qyute common - I was actually considering putting a post up asking if anyone knew how to tell as I was looking to get another set for use at the gym etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

andwat16
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:40 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

for cheap ones these are awesome
https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9004375/Trail/searchtext%3EJVC.htm

they have memory foam like ear plugs so if you ipod dies on you they still act like ear plugs to keep noise out Thumbs Up

best ive had while riding, they dont move or make a wierd noise in your ear if they move etc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:58 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

the headphones leeR recommended, are a little cheaper here

£13+£2.99 postage

https://www.headphone-mania.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=16535&cPath=491&m1track=googlebase&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=export_feed#googlebase

I've got some of these £10 free postage

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KOSS-THE-PLUG-STEREO-HEADPHONES-EARPHONES-IPHONE-IPOD_W0QQitemZ230441477070QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones?hash=item35a761e3ce#ht_3847wt_900

they are more like squidgy ear plugs that slowly expand to fit your ear

I like 'em, and they are better than old style in ear headphones, but I dont know how they compare to other earplug headphones

I have been thinking of getting some of these Shure SE110 £41.99

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390067384939&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1937wt_752

but I doubt I'd use them enough to justify getting them

I doubt I'd ever wear them while riding. You are too vulnerable on for me to want to block out one of my senses, and assume all will be well.

Also, I think the volume levels you'd need to hear the music over wind noise, would not be too good for your ears, even with noise cancelling headphones.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 11 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.vatgia.com/pictures_fullsize/pwv1233818683.jpg

I go these about 4 years ago when someone posted on here that they where £80 down to £18.


They are brilliant, I had to buy another set as one of the ear plugs where starting to go not bad considering 4 years use everyday. Unfortunatly I had to pay £50 for that set but they are worth it. Can answer calls and raise and lower the volume on the brick part, the best thing is no wire linking it to the phone which is easy.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 177 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.05 Kb