Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How much...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: How much... Reply with quote

...stuff have you lost while on the bike?

After losing my third pouch of baccy today while out it got me thinking. So far I've lost 3 pouches of baccy, 2 mobile's and very nearly my wallet a while back. Really should make sure my pockets are done up properly before I set off, Rolling Eyes.

So, what have you managed to lose while out for a ride? Or is it just me?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:21 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wallet came out of my pocket once.... containing my tax disk, the new keepers supplement for my bike (which I had yet to use to apply for a V5 as I hadn't been given one), £80 cash, my debit card, licence etc.

I managed to go back 10 miles to where I felt something fly out, found my new keepers supplement, snapped licence, wallet, and £20.
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

teampots
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 01 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

lost a wallet on the a64 although pulled over and ran back up the road and picked up all the cash that had fallen out and the wallet itself Razz
____________________
Current - Fazer 600
Prev - Bandit x2 (Killed) CB400 (Superfour) CBR125
Currently Restoring - Kawasaki S1 250 Triple (Slowly but surely)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

wallet, loose notes £20 once, £10 another time of someone else money, a tomtom sat nav, 2 brand new 50g pouches of GV and various parts of my bike.

None of which I have ever noticed till miles later and couldn't go back to find. Sat nav was at night in the rain. Crying or Very sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost my wallet once. I had put it in my inside jacket pocket - or so I thought. Turns out I had missed the pocket and it was just resting inside my jacket, and it fell out on the A2.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I lost my glasses lens the other day near knott end, went back and found it in the middle of the road, minus a small bit of glass at one side Laughing
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing. Well, apart from the odd bolt maybe Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually managed to lose a slip-on exhaust on the CB, Rolling Eyes.

It used to have a Viper slip-on can, went out for a ride once and didn't even notice until I got home that the thing had just fallen off.

How the fuck do you not notice your exhaust falling off?

Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WishayKillie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Riding up to start my nightshft at my old job a few years ago and my backpack decided to open while doing a fair speed. I managed to loose my portable DVD player, Mob Phone, Newspaper, 3 dvd's and my pack lunch box that my mum had made.

Looped back down the carriageway and manged to recover my DVD Player minus the remote, 1x DVD, and my Dairy Milk. The player still worked amazingly.
Unfortunately the Quavers, Apple and my Cheese and Pickle sandwich were beyond rescue Crying or Very sad .
____________________
Current; 10' Aprilia Dorsoduro 750.
Previous; 05 Triumph Daytona 600, 08' Ducati 1098s.
"Needs a check-up, fae the neck up!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:22 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost a couple of hair scrunchies, and a couple of bolts from the sv...but that's about it. I am quite anal about checking my pockets whilst out and about riding, as in I will check them over and over...
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:49 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost the heat shield from my exhaust on my hornet 250 on the motorway, I heard a clatter looked in mirrors to see a bit of metal on the slip road.

20 miles later I filled up with petrol and realised what I had seen on the slip road was my heat shield. Embarassed
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Paid of shoes that were bungeed down on the rack. Went back and found them, but they had been run over. They were more comfortable after that.

Related, what is the strangest thing you have ever carried on a bike? I have carried Scalextrics sets twice, once solo with it on the pillion seat, once carried by a Charlotte on the (got to about 50 and the wind started to push them backwards). Also had Charlotte carrying a 125 2 stroke engine on the pillion seat, and carried a 125 2 stroke engine in a Bagster tank bag.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:

Related, what is the strangest thing you have ever carried on a bike?


I've managed to bungee a massive set of speakers to the back of the bike and rode home from central london. How they didn't fall off/get smashed to bits by mirrors I'll never know.

Sure I read in a magazine a good few years back about a bloke bungeeing a washing machine to the back of his NTV and getting it home. Whether that's true I dont know.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:06 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carried a TV on the back of my ped Laughing Corners were interesting to say the least. I have carried a spare wheel and various other large items before.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:22 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost two phones, got them both back... lucky.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Al
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:24 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not lost much but the other day I was riding home in the dark, stopped at some traffic lights, looked down and there was twenty quid right next to my foot.
There was a car stopped behind me so I had to get off and to pretend check something on my bike while sneakily picking the note up. Laughing
____________________
Yamaha FZR400RR 3tj
My Instagram Thingy


Last edited by Al on 23:42 - 17 Apr 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clique
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 09 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've lost a shoe from my favourite pairs on the A27. Was travelling with loadsa stuff back to my apartment in Brighton and it would appear the knot pulled through. Entirely my fault as I figured I wouldn't need a proper knot as well... a GS doesn't exactly go fast. Heh live and learn I suppose.

Edited: Adding in the strangest thing carried.

A friends Minimoto, bike on bike action!


Last edited by Clique on 00:26 - 18 Apr 2010; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GSF Jamie 600
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 17 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:41 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kickstart wrote:


Related, what is the strangest thing you have ever carried on a bike?


A computer tower bungeed onto the back of my old 50cc scooter, taking it to be fixed Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:50 - 17 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost? 25g of baccy and a tax disc.

Strangest carried? VCR from memory.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

slyrob
Traffic Copper



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:02 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i picked up some lunch for me, the misses and her sister. she had ordered and forgotten the fact that I took the bike and ordered coffee's and juice for all of us. I put them in a box and strapped the box on the back of the bike....technically I only lost half of the drinks


coffee with apple juice in it is shit
____________________
Pitslayer wrote "it could be Ndubz.....ruining this once great place with donkey gobbling loafer knobbing "music".
silky666 wrote "In my eyes, when you shake cocks with the devil, you may as well go for the full reach around"
Villers wrote "as reliable as a ginger stepchild on smack"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few nuts and bolts. Worst one was on my Raleigh, two bolts held the tank and mudguard up above the rear wheel, one fell out so the tank fell on one side and was dangerously close to the wheel.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_Y_93
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:59 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dropped my phone once.I turned around and had to sit at a red light watching it in the middle of the road, and saw it get ran over.
As for strangest I guess it would be golf clubs, always get odd looks when you have a set of clubs strapped to ya back
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheDonUK
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:42 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keys, i lost keys once.

And the strangest thing i ever carried was a pre assembled Ikea clothes rail, balanced in the footwell of a ped...

I just underestimated its size in the shop and by the time i came out it was a case of fuckit....
____________________
[Current Bikes - GSXR-750 K5 & C90-97 ] [Previous Bikes: Runner 125, YBR 125, GS500, Bandit 600, Hornet 600, ZX6R-99, C90-99, R1-99, XT600E-04, GSXR-750 K4, CRF250L '16]
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:44 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost a pair of gloves, my girlfriends t-shirt and my pants Sad

I was riding home from work one day, and saw a bloke on a similar CBR6F4 with an entire full size chest of draws sat bungeed onto the pillion seat Shocked
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:51 - 18 Apr 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a pouch for tools under the seat so just threw it all in. Started to realise after a while that things were going missing. I started losing spanners, wrenchs, screwdrivers and my mates metal rod thing he uses to take his spark plug out.

Was doing some work on my bike and threw the nuts and bolts under the seat with everything else. Lost my tank bolt and blamed my mate for losing it lol.

Then I lost loads of allen keys and I started to get a bit pissed off that I was losing all this stuff. Then one day I took the back side panels off the bike for loads of stuff to fall out. When riding they had jumped over into the fairings. There was all my tools and even a butter knife.

Weirdest thing I've carried on the bike.............24 toilet rolls under a cargo net on the pillion seat. I struggled to get on the bike and get my leg over (not in that sense Wink dirty bastards) the toilet rolls. People were looking at me funny at the lights and stuff. Carried a huge bag of sawdust for the rabbit under the cargo net too.

Carried the whole food shopping in my Berghaus bag including all the food and a crate of coke cans. It weighed a ton to the point where I felt the bike's suspension was fucked a little bit.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 172 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.91 Kb