 Swim41 Trackday Trickster

Joined: 25 Jul 2006 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:23 - 26 Apr 2010 Post subject: Forgive my ignorance - fuel injection |
 |
|
Am currently on the lookout for an economical 125 for commuting (and maybe more, I find all these 'can I tour on a 125?' threads quite inspiring), so that means either a CG, a CBF or a YBR125. Whatever I get it'll need to be a reliable workhorse and a long term prospect, so I'm leaning towards something newish. Possibly even brand new, Yamaha are doing 0% finance on the YBR, and although the idea of finance and 1st owner depreciation (despite me intending to keep it for a long time) put me off a little, no big deposit/purchase price to stump up plus a brand new bike do appeal. Easy to clean alloy wheels rather than spokes too.
My only real worry is with the fuel injection that all these new bikes have. I do my own maintainance and understand carbs, especially on a small single, but I know nothing about FI. Is it something that you just forget about until it starts playing up, and if it does you have to shell out for a new computer or injector system? Or is there any maintainance involved? Would these little bikes suffer from all the probe/sensor trouble that you get on modern cars?
Anyone had trouble with bike fuel injection? ____________________ Yamaha XJ600N |
|
 drzsta World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Apr 2009 Karma :     
|
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|