|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gazz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazz World Chat Champion
Joined: 19 May 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:24 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: Do I still qualify as a 'motorcyclist' ? |
 |
|
Just wondering if I still fall into the category of '2 wheeled vehicle rider' or not?
I just worked out today that I haven't ridden my motorcycle properly since November 2009 !!!!! (I feel the need more exclamation marks >>> !!!!!!!)
It is so fucking depressing seeing people out on their bikes just now, because of the good weather; there are more people about that usual.
What makes it even worse is that I drive passed a rider training school every day on my day home from work. And when I see their bikes sitting outside I just want to go and ask for a wee shot on one of them.
What's the longest you have ever been without a bike ?
And anyone else had major motorcycle withdrawl symptoms ?
*The bike was originally taken off the road due to extreme bad weather (remember how bad it was). Tried to bring it back out in February, had problems with flat battery and then starter solenoid. Then once that was sorted, I got an oil leak and a water leak. Tried to fix it myself, but no luck. Then took it to a garage who had it for 3 weeks but gave me it back saying he couldn't repair it. Since then it has been in another garage awaiting parts which have taken months to arrive. The last I heard the parts were now in this country and I will get the bike back by the end of next week. Hopefully !
Driving cars is shite.
P.S - Sorry for the rant, but I had to get that off my chest - thanks for reading (anyone who actually read it).  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FURBAR |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 FURBAR Banned

Joined: 04 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 19:27 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've been feeling the same since not having a bike on the road when beginning to see others about, should be on two wheels like you soon ...  ____________________ Fuk um !! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 19:35 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have had spells where I didn't own a bike, but happily rode anything I could beg or borrow. Especially through Uni, I was skinter than a skint thing, and not living amongst a community I could manipulate into lending me their steed, so I guess the 4 years I was in Bolton.
Time flies though. Thankfully.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| 27cows |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 27cows World Chat Champion

Joined: 01 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 19:44 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I've always had at least one bike since I was 12 (that's the better part of 30 years). I don't think I could survive without one. I'd even have a plastic fantastic power rangermobile if it was that or no bike at all Or a Harley  ____________________ The RXS100: vehicle of choice for Chuck Norris |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dazbo666 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dazbo666 World Chat Champion

Joined: 06 Jun 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:07 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Up until I bought the Bandit back in November 2009, I'd been without a roadworthy bike for the previous 12-14 months
And yes I had withdrawal symptoms... and MAJOR envy at any two wheeled eye candy that happened to ride past
[edit] And before my DAS in 2005 I'd been without a bike for 30+ years ... but to be fair I hadn't even ridden a bike before that, so really didn't know what I was missing
. ____________________ 1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
Last edited by Dazbo666 on 06:02 - 30 Apr 2010; edited 1 time in total |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Clanger |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Clanger Stirrer

Joined: 27 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 20:20 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well, to make yourself feel a little bit better...and noticeable to other bikers ... you could buy one of my car stickers?? I still have a few left for sale.
Just pm me for details (or if you've joined the South East Section, look for details and proof of the sticker in there.  ____________________ Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| fra-zzr |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 fra-zzr Spanner Monkey

Joined: 24 Aug 2006 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:31 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
been of bikes for just over a year. Sucks...
Main thing i miss is not just heading out for a wee ride, in the car i always need fuel and end up stuck in traffic  ____________________ 04' Hyosung Comet Gt125
96' zzr600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FURBAR |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 FURBAR Banned

Joined: 04 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 21:01 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well when i get my bike in mid may i will feel like it's xmas for the first time in years !!  ____________________ Fuk um !! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| trisers |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 trisers Scooby Slapper
Joined: 29 Jul 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Suntan Sid |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Suntan Sid World Chat Champion

Joined: 07 May 2009 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:56 - 29 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
During the past 25 years the longest time I was without a bike was 2 years.
After a, very, slow speed spill, I sustained the most serious injury I've ever had, it took 3 months to heal then a further 3 months to get any strength back.
Circumstances dictated I couldn't afford another bike for a further 18 months.
A very mundane period, I have to say, can't say I ever had the thought "It's a nice day, I think i'll go for a blast in the car", doesn't have the same appeal really!
Anyway, made up for it since then, got a couple of bikes on the go at the moment! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Mystery |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Mystery World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jul 2009 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| yen_powell |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 yen_powell World Chat Champion

Joined: 22 Jun 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ms51ves3 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ms51ves3 Super Spammer

Joined: 08 Jun 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| hmmmnz |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 hmmmnz Super Spammer

Joined: 22 Aug 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 03:30 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
when i travelled back from the uk to new zealand, i was with out a bike for 2 months, but i rode dirt bikes or those step through 4 speed scoots every couple of days i was taking the long way back over asia
apart from that, i havnt been with out a bike in 25 years ____________________ the humans are dead
I kick arse for the lord
Wiring Diagrams BIDNIP it bitches |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Ste |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Ste Not Work Safe

Joined: 01 Sep 2002 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| FURBAR |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 FURBAR Banned

Joined: 04 Apr 2010 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 06:39 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Well stop making Catporn and make eyes with the pedboys !!  ____________________ Fuk um !! |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| doggone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 doggone World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 May 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:04 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I think most people have a period when other things in their life take priority, even if you have the thing taxed and insured sometimes you just can't get out on it due to complications like babies or illness in close family members.
The biking bug never goes away - you feel pain on sunny days when other bikes are out and about...  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Walloper |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Walloper Super Spammer

Joined: 24 Feb 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:25 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Not used your bike since 11/09?
You're a wee Pansie.
My bike is never sat for long. I buy insurance and road tax for a year coz it gets used all year.
BTW flower....
You can buy little furry mittens to keep your handy-pops snuggled up and mibby a wee fluffy woollen scarf now a days you know.  ____________________ W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| spike_Alike |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 spike_Alike Spanner Monkey

Joined: 27 Jan 2007 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:53 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Mine have been off the road for about a year now and it's honestly killing me. I have ridden recently though  ____________________ Bandit 600 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheDonUK |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheDonUK World Chat Champion

Joined: 20 Feb 2006 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:55 - 30 Apr 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Couple of months at most, im climbing the wall by that time... ____________________ [Current Bikes - GSXR-750 K5 & C90-97 ] [Previous Bikes: Runner 125, YBR 125, GS500, Bandit 600, Hornet 600, ZX6R-99, C90-99, R1-99, XT600E-04, GSXR-750 K4, CRF250L '16] |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Minty |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Minty World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Dec 2005 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| cagiva gezzer |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 cagiva gezzer World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| ThoughtContro... |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 ThoughtContro... World Chat Champion

Joined: 14 Aug 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Dan79 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Dan79 Scooby Slapper
Joined: 26 Nov 2009 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 157 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|