Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Suzuki GS500 K5 2005 UK Model help needed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:29 - 31 May 2010    Post subject: Suzuki GS500 K5 2005 UK Model help needed Reply with quote

Hi

I have a Suzuki GS500 K5 2005 UK Model that had a faulty Acumen Cat 1 alarm. The bike would not even attempt to start and all indicators kept flashing so I decided to follow the wires back and take it out. All wires from the alarm are the same colour, so I can't tell what wires were used for what.

I have two wires left from the main bikes wiring harness that I don't know where they go. They are both black.

One comes from the head light. (There are two black wires that come from the headlight. One goes to the back left hand side indicator and the other was connected to the alarm and now has know where to go.

Anyone know where that wire connects too?

The other black wire left over after disconnecting the alarm is a black wire from the CDI unit on the left hand side of the bike.

Anyone know where that wire connects too?

My first thought was they must join together because they are both left over and black. But both wires are way too long for the run if they did connect together. I don't like joining wires together if I don't know where they came from and where they should go.

Has anyone got any idea if these two wires do connect together and what are they used for?

I have looked in the wire diagram section but I need a wire diagram for the 04/05 (K4 - K5) model and there isn’t one there.

Has anyone got a copy of the wiring diagram for this year of bike please?


Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:44 - 31 May 2010    Post subject: Re: Suzuki GS500 K5 2005 UK Model help needed Reply with quote

dx90 wrote:

I have looked in the wire diagram section but I need a wire diagram for the 04/05 (K4 - K5) model and there isn’t one there.

Has anyone got a copy of the wiring diagram for this year of bike please?

Thanks


The wiring diagram should be roughly if not identically the same. They have hardly changed the bikes since production!

Be wary..my 2 GS500s have about 20 wires in the headlight.. one is a 97, the other a 93.. and the wirings is precisely the same.

Possible to get photos of the wires and where they connect to on a block connector, i'll take a look at mine!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 31 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ##Paddy##

I have the wire diagram from the older GS500 from this site and it is different.

The CDI unit and connecting wires are all different unfortunately.
I think they changed the CDI unit on the 2004 K4 model onwards so for as I can tell.

I also have a problem that I can't get the two screws in the headlight out to have a look inside.

I'll take a photo of the CDI unit and plug plus wires later for you.

How do I upload photo's?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:40 - 31 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the photo of the wire that I need to know where it connects to.

https://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd39/dx90_photos/CDI.jpg

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Vincent This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:19 - 31 May 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vincent, all sorted. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

molex
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 05:35 - 01 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiring digram for 04
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:33 - 01 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi molex

Is it possible you could do a scan of the 05 wiring diagram for me as well please?

Just to make sure they are the same. It's very much appreciated.

Thanks
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dx90
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 13 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:43 - 02 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all for your help. A big thank you to molex for the K4 wire diagram.

All sorted now, well on the electrics side anyway. Smile Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 134 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.34 - MySQL Queries: 15 - Page Size: 61.09 Kb