Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


ZZR600D Water Pump

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Omega
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 04 Jun 2010    Post subject: ZZR600D Water Pump Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I've been losing water from my bike slowly but can't see any obvious leaks anywhere. I'm half expecting it to be the head gasket but want to eliminate the cheaper options first so have taken the water pump out. In the Haynes manual it says there should be no play in the fins if you try to wiggle them about. When I've tried it they do move a couple of millimetres each way. The oil isn't all milky but does have little bits of creamy colour and the coolant water came out a dirty brown when I drained it. Is it likely that water would be passing through the water pump into the oil and vice versa?

I'm also wondering if maybe when I've over filled the coolant reservoir this could have caused a problem.

Any ideas of other things I should check?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:31 - 04 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Couple of mm does sounds rather a lot of play for a water pump. I presume that there is a pair of bearings and a couple of seals. With that much play it wouldn't surprise me if the seals couldn't work.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Omega
Crazy Courier



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 04 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Keith Smile

I'll see if I can get a replacement from somewhere and give it a go.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 131 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 1.43 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 36.51 Kb