 ..... Quote Me Happy
Joined: 15 Jan 2005 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:00 - 06 Jun 2010 Post subject: Radiator Reconditioning/Repair |
 |
|
My Gassers radiators are looking past their best and a bit battered. I was looking at getting some rad braces at about £100 to give them some protection but they are probably a bit too bent to fit the braces properly.
So instead of forking out £££ for some radiators and another £100 for braces I've been recommended this place
GMX Radiators
They'll straighten and repair the rads, plus weld on strengthening braces for usually about £130-140. Now I haven't used them myself so can't comment on their work but I thought that seemed like a pretty good deal considering the price of rads and braces.
Before
https://www.gmxradiators.co.uk/userdata/PRODPIC-495.jpg
After
https://www.gmxradiators.co.uk/userdata/PRODPIC-494.jpg
Just thought I'd pass on some info just in case anyone else is needing similar work. |
|
 tatters Exxon Valdez

Joined: 05 Jan 2004 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 01:19 - 07 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Thats a good repair but the best protection is to fit proper radaitor braces that are braced off the frame.
Silky, theses are the guys l was taking about who make the best guards l,ve had plus they ship items as gifts so theres no import tax
https://www.unabiker.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=UR&Category_Code=RGO ____________________ Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV |
|
 silky666 Captain Rulebook

Joined: 28 Aug 2006 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 16:45 - 07 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Now they look the daddy! ... certainly look strong with those rods.
But the big question is: Do I go for anodised orange  ____________________ There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship" more than wrinkles in the Gaffa tape.
Gaffa tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together. |
|