Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Hayfever...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:59 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Hayfever... Reply with quote

....anyone sneezed inside their lids yet?
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:00 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many times.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeared obstructed vision?? lol
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sneezed the other day and got phlegm in my moustache, as it flicked up my face Laughing
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

White un
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:13 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yourself some HAY MAX, rub it round you nose holes ! stops you sneezin, works a treat for me.

Dave
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GT Biker
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Re: Hayfever... Reply with quote

ws4936 wrote:
....anyone sneezed inside their lids yet?



Cant seem to stop sneezing. On one occasion my nose started bleeding too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:20 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been given Avamys nasal spray and Neoclarityn by my boss (who is a professor of allergy), as well as he encouraged me to do a bit of nasal douching with some weird solution called Neilmed, which actually helped quite a lot.

The general combination has worked well for me.

I was doing them both twice a day for about three weeks, before I went to Italy in mid May, and since then I only sort of randomly squirt some up there on about 1 day in 4, and only take the Neoclarityn when I feel a bit sneezy.

I was worried about being drowsy with the antihistamine tablets, cos they affect me really badly, usually. But Neoclarityn is really good, not drowsy at all.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

everyreasonto
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:29 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

cetirizine hydrochloride or gtfo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:30 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Get it, but it appears to be triggered by most soaps. Use a basic coal tar soap and it is 95% gone.

Without that I will sneeze loads and a good chance that my visor will steam up.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:37 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get crazy itchy eyes, which doesn't help in seeing where you are going.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wyldkat81
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:40 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyreasonto wrote:
cetirizine hydrochloride or gtfo


trying to sound smart???

put simply it's CLARITYN!!!
(or Zirtek, Piriton tablets or even Superdrugs own brand) - they actually do two kinds of own brand, one 'drowsy' which is the cetirizine stuff or there is a NON DROWSY Loratidine version

I actually use the latter and is brilliant, works fast and doesn't make me d..ZZZZZzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzz!!!!


Ha Ha Ha Rolling Eyes
____________________
Smile, it's just another day!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Noxious89123
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:55 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diphenhydramine hydrochloride or post tits?
____________________
'06 Honda CBR125RW-6 ~ '00 Honda CBR600F-Y ~ '07 Honda CBR600RR-7 ~ Bikeless Sad
'53 Ford Ka 1.3 ~ '03 Vauxhall Astra SRi 1.8 ~ '52 Vauxhall Astra SRi 2.2 ~ '53 Vauxhall Astra GSi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:58 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyldkat81 wrote:
a NON DROWSY Loratidine version

I'm pretty sure thats what I have, its called desloratidine ("Neoclarityn", as above), described by my boss as a "next generation" antihistamine.


This week our research fellows are thinking of putting me in a trial where they stick bits of blotting paper up yer nose. But it means I really ought to stop taking the stuff I'm currently occasionally taking. I think I mostly have spring hayfever anyway, not full blown spring and summer (hopefully).
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nufkamp
Traffic Copper



Joined: 15 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had watery eyes, a runny nose and an itchy throat for several weeks. I take anti-histamines daily but i dont think they do a lot. I'll be following some of the suggestions in this thread,
____________________
As seen on Google Street View https://tinyurl.com/yfdvojc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

wyldkat81
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat, I'm a little worried that you may have an addiction . . . ?? lol

Seriously, sounds like decent stuff. Is this/will this be available through Pharmacies??

My wife suffers real bad with it and normal antihistamines dont work all that well
____________________
Smile, it's just another day!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:56 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't sneezed in it this summer, but had a few colds over winter - makes a real mess of the inside of my lid and the temptation to lick it is quite distracting...


Snot FTW Thumbs Up .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 24 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyldkat81 wrote:
hellkat, I'm a little worried that you may have an addiction . . . ?? lol


Nah, just bad hay fever and a very useful boss Laughing

Quote:
Seriously, sounds like decent stuff. Is this/will this be available through Pharmacies??

My wife suffers real bad with it and normal antihistamines dont work all that well

You need a prescription for the Avamys, not sure about the Neoclarityn.

You can buy Neilmed SinuRinse at Boots. I'm told its not cheap (but when I want some, I get it for free, so I have no idea), and I dunno whether you can get it on prescription.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Spit-Fire
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:22 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

i oddly only get hay fever in London Sad ,
if i go abroad in the summer, it just disappears completely.
same if i stay in ye old countryside where id expect the mass plant life to kill me....and yet i wont even get a sniffle, Confused
____________________
they say the good die young... i say we just live faster
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:29 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully my condition has improved a huge amount since my younger days.
I remember being almost comatose during the summer months in my teens. All due to the unexpected side-effects of Haymine Rolling Eyes

I still get the watery eyes especially when riding, but it's not usually so bad that I've ever had to stop the bike
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF


Last edited by Dazbo666 on 17:59 - 27 Jun 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:00 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so glad I don't suffer from Hay Fever.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Serendipity
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:24 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayfever... ...yes.

Sneezed in helmet... ...yes

Coated inside of visor?... ...never in years of riding.

I have, however allowed snot to flow freely around my face until I was able to stop and wipe it off. Thank goodness for dark visors. Sick

These days I normally take Tesco’s own brand Loratadine (Claritin). They sell it for 99p for 14. They’d run out last week so I grabbed their own brand Cetirizine (Zyrtec) for the same price. Seems to work well.

They said on the radio that hayfever runs in 25 year cycles. I’ve suffered since my teens so hopefully this means I’m coming up to a 25 year remission.
____________________
2007 CBF1000 & 2016 CBF1000F - Commuter heaven | 1994 CBR600FR - Awaiting defibrillation
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

kawashima
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 May 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like burning all cedar trees in the country every year in March to April.
____________________
own:2020 Serow 250
owned: 2012 YB125SP, 2008 TDM900, 2005 W650, 2002 LS125R, 2002 CB400SF, NS50F, C50 / Trip to UK(2009), Hokkaido touring(2013)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi



Joined: 08 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:41 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible having gayfever or gimpfever as I call it. I usually get it every year and this year has been one of the worst yet. Sneezing constantly yesterday riding the bike, snot pissing down my face, eyes watering to death.

Death upon whoever invented this terrible affliction.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ws4936
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recoil Jay wrote:
Horrible having gayfever or gimpfever as I call it. I usually get it every year and this year has been one of the worst yet. Sneezing constantly yesterday riding the bike, snot pissing down my face, eyes watering to death.

Death upon whoever invented this terrible affliction.



+1
____________________
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

johnsmith222
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:23 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread reminds me of when I read about someone's morning hangover emergency when they almost whited in their lid! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 97 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 1.41 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 128 Kb