Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Supermarket fail

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:28 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Supermarket fail Reply with quote

We have a new Tesco near school and I have dropped in a few times to pick up bits and pieces using a basket. What annoys me is that the shop is above the car-park and you get to it up a moving walkway, I am always in a rush and every time I go they will be some fat pikey with a trolley blocking it so I can not get past. These scum may have all day to buy own brand crisps and blue bottle cider at the tax payers expense but I do not! I need my asparagus and olives now!
Anyway I noticed that they had a good wine offer on and decided to do a big shop, the moving pavement was empty so I charged up it with my trolley like the athlete I am.
I found out why the underclass stand still and block my way as the brakes on my trolley automatically came on and it stopped dead. I however had far too much inertia to stop and the grab handle hit me square in the gut doubling me over so that I went face first into the trolley.
I said it was near my school, as I pulled myself out I saw two of our kids on the other side coming down, I fear this story will spread on Monday.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lukamon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:31 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

its your own fault, yopu dont exactly blend into a crowd Laughing Laughing
____________________
killa wrote: Im an ass man myself
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a moment of pure revelation, My "on the moving road to Damascus" experience.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:10 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moving pavement gets everyone eventually Shocked

Apparently there is nothing more annoying to fat Nigerian bitches with false nails painted disgusting colours (and fat chavs as well, no doubt) than an equally as fat old biker bird carrying a basket and saying "Excuse me" whilst wedging past, gouging their rolls of fat with said wire basket, and striding up the moving pavement ahead of them.
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:25 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is pretty clever how they work tbh and yes I would have paid to see you fall into your trolley Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kids+mobile phones+vid=youtube Laughing
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:05 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banbury has 2 floor Tescos, and every time you walk in, all you can hear is "You are approaching the end of the conveyor. Please prepare to push your trolley off the end of the conveyor". I know this off by heart and so does anyone else who has spent more than 20 minutes in that godforsaken holding pen.
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tarmacsurfer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:08 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
I know this off by heart and so does anyone else who has spent more than 20 minutes in that godforsaken holding pen.


It took you 20 minutes?
____________________
I'm immortal. Well, so far.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonie wrote:
Banbury has 2 floor Tescos, and every time you walk in, all you can hear is "You are approaching the end of the conveyor. Please prepare to push your trolley off the end of the conveyor". I know this off by heart and so does anyone else who has spent more than 20 minutes in that godforsaken holding pen.


That would not work where I am, there are 32 languages spoken in my school Mr. Green
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Moonie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarmacsurfer wrote:
Moonie wrote:
I know this off by heart and so does anyone else who has spent more than 20 minutes in that godforsaken holding pen.


It took you 20 minutes?


I'm a slow learner Laughing

And Ariel, Banbury only really has english and Polish people, and they know that in general Polish people are smart enough to work things like ramps out for themselves Laughing
____________________
Don't practice it until you get it right, practice it until you don't get it wrong.
Presenting the one and only Chinkmobile Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 26 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ariel Badger wrote:

That would not work where I am, there are 32 languages spoken in my school Mr. Green


And not one of them is the Queens English. Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:10 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have similar trolleys and ramps at the local Ikea, and one of the larger Tesco stores. Never had a problem with trying to run a trolley up the ramp - although I tend to feel dizzy with motion sickness on them, so usually avoid using them at all if possible Sick
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:37 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moral of the story, is if someone else seems to be doing something daft, there may be a good reason for it that you don't know about.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tatfan
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:55 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its brakes that come on, I think the wheels wedge into the grooves on the belt so they don't start rolling down again. If you pick the back of the trolley up, you can normally start pushing them again.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:59 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatfan wrote:
I don't think its brakes that come on, I think the wheels wedge into the grooves on the belt so they don't start rolling down again. If you pick the back of the trolley up, you can normally start pushing them again.


This one it is the brakes, I have been doing experiments to try and override the system and I can't. All four wheels have a brake, you can see them.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tatfan
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fairy 'nuff. Wales is still quite behind the times, and I don't think the trolleys have brakes here. I know that trick works on the belts in Wrexham though!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:12 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be that there are detectors only at the rear or the fonrt, so if you lift the rear or the front, you may be able to make the detector think it doesnt need to apply the brake any more, as its away from the moving floor.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:30 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
It may be that there are detectors only at the rear or the fonrt, so if you lift the rear or the front, you may be able to make the detector think it doesnt need to apply the brake any more, as its away from the moving floor.


Tried that Very Happy

You can not roll it on any combination of two wheels.
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:34 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick a trolley from Sainsbury's and use that to shop at Tesco. Think of all the travellator-fun to be had Smile
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

tatters
Exxon Valdez



Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a magnetic permeter under bricks in the pavement, causes a lock to enage on one or more of the wheels to stop people nicking it, best way around it is to lift the trolly over the line (noramlly marked by diffrent colour bricks).



Former sainsburys trolly boy. Embarassed
____________________
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650,KZ750 Present:G650XC,C12,CRF450X,1190ADV
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Damon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Aug 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have similar things at the exits of my local Sainsbury's. It's a patch that when the trolleys go over they get locked to. Stops all the teenage mums with their 18 children taking trolleys home I guess. Rolling Eyes

Anyway, to cut a long story short one of my friends dared me to sprint at it. Thinking it would just slow me down and I'd be able to run through I gladly accepted...

Trolley in hand I ran with it with all my might. Hit the strip and it was like recieving a right cross from mike tyson. The handle bent me in half and I ended up over the top of the trolley. It's not something I would do again in a hurry Laughing My friends thought it brilliant though... Neutral


This was only a few months ago, I really need to grow up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:40 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

would you get through if you could reach 88mph?
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 27 Jun 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon time I did the push a friend along in a trolley thing......

He wasn't small or short, so his legs hung over the front which was a bit of a bugger when I had to let go, going into the subway and he hit the wall at the bottom Embarassed I still have no idea how he wasn't completely knee-capped, but I did see a grown man cry!

I'd like to think I've grown up a little since then............ Mr. Green

Our local Tesco has that repeated message on the travellator and it's incredibly nerve wrangling, but then I find supermarket shopping very stressful, so it's just an added annoyance tbh!! Thumbs Down
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 103 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.14 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.38 Kb