 bikerlass1981 L Plate Warrior
Joined: 27 Jun 2010 Karma : 
|
 Posted: 01:13 - 29 Jun 2010 Post subject: damsel in distress |
 |
|
hi people im new to this forum i used to ride a cbr 600 back in 2001 but had a horrible and embarrising crash through the dartford tunnel 'OUCH' but i got on my friends zx6r a week ago and cant stop thinking how much i miss riding im nervous as hell and want a hand finding the bike for me cheers  ____________________ need to find a man who can look at my I's not my D's when hes talking to me |
|
 supZ World Chat Champion

Joined: 03 Feb 2009 Karma :   
|
|
 ws4936 World Chat Champion

Joined: 10 Sep 2009 Karma :   
|
|
 Itchy Super Spammer

Joined: 07 Apr 2005 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:01 - 29 Jun 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
An ABS deuville? They are uninteresting but are neutral handling and pretty forgiving.
An ABS CBF500 would be something similar..
But really I think you can ride anything, the issue is confidence just get out there and ride confidence will shoot up, just take it easy at first and latch onto a more confident rider who will wait for you.
The most important part of a bike is YOU.
The trick is not to get too confident as in 2007 when I nearly killed myself. But a good balance between confidence and caution, and that means just getting out there.
I used to help northern BCF riders taking them to some easy roads and showing them things as well as regularly waiting for them. I don't do this anymore because I don't have the time and I've atrophied significantly from spending pretty much a year out crossing Russia and recovering from it. ____________________ Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching. |
|