Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Insurance renewal....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:03 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Insurance renewal.... Reply with quote

What a joke!

Last year it was about £500 and just got a letter with the renewal quote of £1160 Neutral

Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SamJL
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:06 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a quote off this company, website might not look very professional, and there's only a few people that work there, but the service is second to none. Iv'e pissed around so much changing things, adding things on, and never been charged extra, and there always more then happy to talk to me. They also beat my previous cheapest quote by £1200 Shocked Call them and I guarantee they will give you a cracking deal.

www.simplyinsurance.uk.com
____________________
2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:12 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a cheaper quote of about £350 but I was just shocked and confused as to why it had gone up so much!

EDIT: The link IS the company!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SamJL
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:


EDIT: The link IS the company!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing


The company that has put the quote up??

Iv'e been with them for a while and never had anything like that!
____________________
2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they are the ones who have doubled the renewal lol
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

SamJL
Nearly there...



Joined: 14 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh right, now I feel stupid Embarassed

There nice to me, but I have a motor trade policy and a bike policy with them, so maybe they want to keep me sweet Very Happy
____________________
2009 CBR1000RR
2004 KTM 200SX
2004 KTM 65SX Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:38 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just (about 10 minutes ago) paid £321 for a TPO policy on my ER5 through Bikesure. A bit pricey, but I can ride other bikes which is a nice perk.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you actualy ride other bikes on it? My insurance is up today too, got a quote from them via tesco TPFT saying I am allowed to ride other bikes, figured it was lieing. Im sure my insurance was bikesure a couple of years back and when I phoned to check they told me I wasn't actualy covered on other bikes.

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

locked
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I just tried getting a quote from them online and it refused to quote me?
____________________
on the look out for my next bike....
CBT Passed - 13/09/09 Theroy Passed - 19/12/09 Mod 1 Passed 04/05/10 Mod 2 Passed 14/05/10 - Free to ride ANYTHING!
Motorcycles are perfectly safe as long as you remember they're dangerous.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tutton
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:30 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same wont quote me,
cheapest quote i can find atm is 606 quid from mce.
____________________
Past: '05 Peugeot XPS '99 Aprillia RS125 '94 FZR600R
Current: '02 ZX636 A1P '51 CCM R30
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing. Last year I paid about £500 TPFT 0NCB and I was covered to ride other bikes.

This year they sent the renewal for £1k TPFT NOT allowed to ride other bikes and 1NCB?!?!? Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm bike insurer says:

Fully Comp £652 with nothing except riding overseas (H&R)

TPFT £518 with same as above (H&R)

TPFT £616 same as above but with breakdown cover (Motorcycle Direct)

Question
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:41 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most company's expect people to just agree without bothering to look around, so they can squeeze you for everything else.

Just ring em up and tell em you've found someone else. They'll lower it. Thumbs Up
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:53 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just spend an hour ringing a few companies and got it down by over £100 and also got covered for other bikes plus free personal injury cover and breakdown cover.

Just go ring around a bit Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:57 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Can you actualy ride other bikes on it?


I specifically asked as I thought it was a bit weird and she said, as long as I don't own the other bike and it is insured on its own policy, I can ride it.

I must have asked 3 times if it was on the policy and the answer always came back as yes so I guess I can.

Redoko wrote:
Just ring em up and tell em you've found someone else. They'll lower it. Thumbs Up


Bastards wouldn't budge for me, even though I told them I had got a cheaper quote (I hadn't) Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:03 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number for simply bikes is 08451801500 by the way, I couldnt find it easily on their site.

Also my cheapest came from KTM via Bikesure I rang them after simply bikes and they told me to hold for 5 minutes and came back with a better quote.

c_dug
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:10 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my insurance certificate emailed to me and third party on other bikes is on it Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:55 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. I'm 22 and got insured on a GSXR1000 for £250 odd TPFT, and the fazer was £99.
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:37 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

garth wrote:
Lol. I'm 22 and got insured on a GSXR1000 for £250 odd TPFT, and the fazer was £99.


Surprised

How..but..what..!??!??????
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

P.addy
Red Rocket



Joined: 14 Feb 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:42 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

rac3r wrote:
garth wrote:
Lol. I'm 22 and got insured on a GSXR1000 for £250 odd TPFT, and the fazer was £99.


Surprised

How..but..what..!??!??????


Probably the same way im £97.50 fully comp on my 600... we are lucky bastards Laughing

Also chives.. ive always found it cheaper to have TPFT...why TPO?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rac3r
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:53 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

How though? You live on an island by yourself? Laughing
____________________
Bikes : 2006 CBR125R - 2004 Monster 620ie - 2004 ZX-6R B1H - 2005 Monster S2R 800 - 2011 Street Triple - 2009 Streetfighter 1098 - 2014 ZX-6R 636

Chequered Flag
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

That_Hornet
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a bennits quote. It went up by £300 if i added £400 voluntary excess. How dose having £0 voluntary excess lower insurance. Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:04 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

##Paddy## wrote:
Also chives.. ive always found it cheaper to have TPFT...why TPO?


In this case, TPFT wasn't cheaper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mord
Nearly there...



Joined: 11 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 16 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

On gocompare I got a quote for 2000 SV650.. TPO £82 Shocked Tempting Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KLR600
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:03 - 17 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Got my insurance certificate emailed to me and third party on other bikes is on it Mr. Green


Triple check your documents just to make sure there's no "But only if you're 25+" on it, I've heard of a few people having that on their documents.
____________________
Now: '00 Kawasaki ZRX1100R - Past: '84 Yamaha DT125, '89 Kawasaki KLR600, '97 Yamaha XJ600N
<My Bikepics Page> <My Yootoobes> <My Websites> <My Photos>
<Take Cool Photos!>
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 77 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.85 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.7 Kb