Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Free SatNav Suitable For Bikes

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Muscle Bike Rider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 10 Jul 2010    Post subject: Free SatNav Suitable For Bikes Reply with quote

https://www.skobbler.co.uk/

Thought some folk might be interested, its a free download from apple store for iphone and I think free from website for mobile phones. Very basic but gets you from A-B fine. I plugged my headphone into my iphone and took it for a test ride and it got me there no problems. Quite handy for the odd times I need it.

Just thought it might be of use to someone.
____________________
Previously Known As A5tra_G
Old Bikes :2010 Kawasaki ER6 F & 2000 Honda VTR Firestorm
Current Bike : XJR1300
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 10 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the linkage, trying to find the mobile download (guessing I need to register).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr_Cynical
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 03:17 - 11 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one dude!

I've downloaded it and I'll give it a bash on my next ride!
____________________
Bikes: '05 Better BT125-20 => '79 Honda CB750KZ (Now a project bike) => '99 Suzuki Bandit 600 => '01 Triumph Tiger 955i
"What's my motto? I like ham."
"It's a good motto, sir."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

robbieguy2003
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:03 - 11 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, i've downloaded as well, will give it a bash. Looks quite good.
____________________
Current Bikes: Honda CBR 600RR - '07, Suzuki GSX1250 FA ST '11
Old Bikes: Suzuki Intruder 125 LC - '2001, Honda CBR 600F - '92, Honda CBR 600RR - '03
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bacon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 11 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

on my htc desire i just use google maps with navigation, free and its pretty damn good, usually stick it in my tank bag so i can look at it now and again, without tank bag i just use headphones with phone in my pocket Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mr_Cynical
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 15 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 12 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I gave it a try today, and it doesn't appear to work if your phone's in your pocket....

I'll try it in the pocket of my tank bag next time I use it.

Still, it's free so I'm not gonna slag it off too much Very Happy
____________________
Bikes: '05 Better BT125-20 => '79 Honda CB750KZ (Now a project bike) => '99 Suzuki Bandit 600 => '01 Triumph Tiger 955i
"What's my motto? I like ham."
"It's a good motto, sir."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mister James
I want to believe!



Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:58 - 12 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nokia's OVI maps is free - and you can download all the maps on your PC so it doesn't use up your phones t'internet. I find it pretty useful, although I don't have a proper holder for the phone.
____________________
>Soultrader Mister James, I bet you are a copper
>Bazza Wow. Eyes like a shithouse rat, you...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

woll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:08 - 17 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the sony erricsson satio, anybody know where i can download the app for it?
____________________
Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 78 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.34 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 55.07 Kb