Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Passed mod 1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:01 - 29 Jul 2010    Post subject: Passed mod 1 Reply with quote

... this afternoon with 0 faults which was nice considering how nervous I was! Would have been quite fun if it wasn't a test situation!

As mentioned in other threads, the sizes of the initial movement in the bays and the U-turn are ample.

Poor guy before me had been rear ended this morning at a roundabout!

No mod 2 til October so if anyone has a test booked before then at Gloucester, I'll pay you a fiver to cancel it Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:25 - 29 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats. i'd recomend getting as much road riding experience between now and mod 2, practice hill starts, angled starts, pulling away from stand still, junctions and roundabouts.

dont forget lifesavers and indicators should be turned off as soon as the turn is made.

keep practicing and you will be fine
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:34 - 29 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should all be okay hopefully, I've been riding to Bristol and back for 9 months so as long as nerves don't affect me too much, I'll pass. Also on my own machine so I'm very comfortable with it. But still will be practicing loads, as you say.

With a cancellation, it's easier to change a booked one than to get a new one, plus it's a fall back if there is n o cancellation
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 29 Jul 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, will keep checking then. Good luck on your next one
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Passed MOD 2 Reply with quote

And today I passed MOD 2, with 2 minors.
Thought I failed for doing 40 in a 30 - I just accelerated after turning onto the road but before it turned into a NSL, just went down as a minor.

Cheers for all the advice. Now looking at a bigger bike...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Thumbs Up
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:49 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paxovasa wrote:
Well done Thumbs Up


what he said!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:50 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, yep - glad it did too!

Anyone with a 500(ish) for sale in the Gloucester/Bristol area, let me know!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:53 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

sod the 500..... get a 750, theyre even more fun Smile
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

CptBlack
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 06 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:55 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
sod the 500..... get a 750, theyre even more fun Smile


Would love to, unfortunately restricted as I did it on my 125 - couldn't afford the whole DAS route.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:36 - 05 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can restrict any bike.

Wink

only difference is you can buy the bike you want now and restrict it to 33bhp for 2 years or buy a smaller bike and then upgrade.

i like the first option better as you'll be used to the bike by the time the restriction period is over
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.42 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 81.82 Kb