Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


.avi to DVD converters

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: .avi to DVD converters Reply with quote

Anyone got any recommendations? At the moment I'm using convertxtodvd and super dvd creator to burn films, but both seem to take ages to actually convert the film (usually around an hour).

Is there anything quicker out there, or am I expecting too much?

Cheers.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:36 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely burn DVDs now, but when I do I use this :-

https://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/

https://www.demonoid.com/files/details/2357807/10799852/
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers mate, but I already use that.

Thumbs Up
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faster PC

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:34 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:
Faster PC

Mark


Can I ask how long you take to encode a film?
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll teach me to pay closer attention when reading Embarassed
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MattHirst
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's any use to you, but i use WinAVI

I convert all of my stuff to avi's but it does it the other way round too (avi to vob etc)
____________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt, then it's bloody hilarious!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MattHirst wrote:
Not sure if it's any use to you, but i use WinAVI

I convert all of my stuff to avi's but it does it the other way round too (avi to vob etc)


Cheers mate, I'll give it a go via uTorrent.

Wink

Thumbs Up
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:13 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobW1983 wrote:
panrider_uk wrote:
Faster PC

Mark


Can I ask how long you take to encode a film?


Probably about an hour to encode and burn.

My PC's only a 2 year old business class machine though.

I have noticed times dropping quite a lot as I've got faster PCs over the years (used to take several hours to burn one).

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob W
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:19 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

panrider_uk wrote:


Probably about an hour to encode and burn.

My PC's only a 2 year old business class machine though.

I have noticed times dropping quite a lot as I've got faster PCs over the years (used to take several hours to burn one).

Mark


Thinking

I'm about the same, I've only just started doing this kind of thing though. The only reason I asked if there was anything faster is that when I used to use DVDShrink and DVD43 to rip off (legal Embarassed) DVD's I was doing them in about 25-40 minutes, which made me wonder if I'm waiting too long.

Cheers people, Thumbs Up.
____________________
'90 TS50 > '04 Senda 125 > '91 ZXR400 > '90 CB-1 > '04 GSX-R1000 > '96 Bandit 600 > '89 ZXR750 H1 > '96 GSX-R750 SRAD > '98 RR-W Fireblade > '98 T595 Daytona > '03 Hornet 900 > '04 Fireblade > '16 GSX-S1000F (x2) > '23 XSR900
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:22 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

WinAVI is the best in my experience, however, that will take 45mins-1hr depending on the size, my friend has a super bastard computer running at something ridiculous like 6gig of RAM, badass processor etc and I think it takes about 20mins on that, so at 1 hour on a standard PC I don't think you're doing too bad.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

herulach
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:30 - 27 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth having a play around in the settings to make sure it's using both cores - assuming it's a multithreaded app of course.
____________________
YBR 125>FZS600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.78 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.49 Kb