Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


streetfighter (ish) fazer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:04 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: streetfighter (ish) fazer Reply with quote

just finished my fairly light streetfighetering job on Felicity. I like my bike I just think its a pig from th efront so with a little bit of hunting on fleabay and a little bit of elbow grease I've given the old girl a makeover.
Total cost
- headlights (two old RD200 units off fleabay) - 99p each + £11 postage
- indicators - £2.70 for all four + £4 postage
- spray & lacquer - £11
- shorter rear suspension dogbones - £15 + £4 postage
- clock bracket made at work + back panel made froim old scrag end of unused perspex - free
- brackets for headlamps - free - I used the old longer dog bones


total cost - £50

what d'ya reckon?
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

r0b
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 31 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:17 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool Thumbs Up
____________________
'92 Honda NX650 Dominator RD02
'98 Kawasaki ZX9R C1
'00 Yamaha TT600R Belgarda
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

calyx
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:18 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Triumaha... Very interesting...
With low bars it would be an "almost cafe racer"
____________________
Boris - London
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

woll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm think i prefer them with square headlights like chris' fazer.
____________________
Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

69.9mph
Crazy Courier



Joined: 20 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks quite good. What is the diameter of each headlight and could we have a shot of head-on please?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:18 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Massive improvement Wink
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_Y_93
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:49 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think each light looks just a tad too big, but does look good still.

Planning on doing similar if I end up with a Hornet or SV
____________________
Bikes Past: Yamaha Aerox (sold) Yamaha R125 (written off)
Bikes Current: Honda VFR 400 (awaiting restoration) Honda CB600f F-4
Theory passed July 21st Mod1 passed August 3rd Mod 2 passed 26th August
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Slacker24seve...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:55 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam_Y_93 wrote:
I think each light looks just a tad too big, but does look good still.

Planning on doing similar if I end up with a Hornet or SV


Don't do it with those Dominator lights, everyone has them! I'm thinking about a better light option for mine actually, can't find one that doesn't look too gay Confused
____________________
Triumph Daytona 675 track bike + girlfriend's Honda Hornet 600
Selling a hack/winter bike for less than a grand? PM me.
Banger rallies are ace
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think you've just reduced the value of a perfectly good fazer Confused

Still, each to their own (as I have said for the second time today Laughing )
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.


Last edited by c_dug on 16:47 - 28 Aug 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Sam_Y_93
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:30 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slacker24seven wrote:
Sam_Y_93 wrote:
I think each light looks just a tad too big, but does look good still.

Planning on doing similar if I end up with a Hornet or SV


Don't do it with those Dominator lights, everyone has them! I'm thinking about a better light option for mine actually, can't find one that doesn't look too gay Confused


Oh god no I hate those Dominator lights, they look wrong too. Maybe too small Laughing got to find something in between them and the RD200 ones the OP put on
____________________
Bikes Past: Yamaha Aerox (sold) Yamaha R125 (written off)
Bikes Current: Honda VFR 400 (awaiting restoration) Honda CB600f F-4
Theory passed July 21st Mod1 passed August 3rd Mod 2 passed 26th August
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:21 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

front end as shown below.... Lights are 150mm across of which 10mm is chrome surround


I've also added a piccy of possibly the most important accessory for any hardened streetfighter - the Anti Collision Driver Alert System (Wilko - 97p)
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:28 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going for a speed triple look on the cheap?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:32 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big_Ham wrote:
Going for a speed triple look on the cheap?



well, I wanted a twin light look, not too sure about the Dominator lights and, to be honest, I really like the look of speed triples - so yeah, I guess I am.

Kind of like someone who buys a knackered old MR2 and superglues a Ferrari 355 kit onto it. All I need now is a fake Rolex..............
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

craigs23
Mr Muscle



Joined: 08 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:24 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks okay.

Shall we all have another debate on what a streetfighter is?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

lewis87
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool bike Thumbs Up

Reminded me of this:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/lewis203/dirtbikekidWUT.jpg
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 28 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paint the chrome light surrounds black, perhaps that would make them seem slightly smaller - thus more in proportion with the bike.

I do like it though! 10/10 for ingenuity. Mr. Green
____________________
NSR125RR - ZXR750H1 - ZX9R E1 - GSF600S - GSF600SK3 - VFR400-NC30 - SV1000N - ST1100-R - CBR900RR-R - GSF1200SK5 - GSF600SK1 - VFR1200FA - GSXR1000K2 - ZZR1400 D8F
www.prisonplanet.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:42 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Looks okay.

Shall we all have another debate on what a streetfighter is?


err - no thanks, 'fraid I don't know enough to comment....

However....


at the end of the day a "streetfighter" is meant to be a bike with attitood - a bike that'd shag your mum, sell your sister, take your granny shoplifting and flick the V's at any passing copper. In streetfightering terms my bike looks like it once turned up late for an exam at school (but didn't dare tell its mum.)
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

craigs23 wrote:
Looks okay.

Shall we all have another debate on what a streetfighter is?


Mr. Green

hehe dont start it!!!

as for looks its 'ok' but i wouldnt say it looked nice id say standard looks better
____________________
Current >Cb600fx hornet, ns125rk90 21.7bhp@wheel<
Sold >,zxr400 h2 (33bhp kit) rd350 n1 rd350 lc2<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 29 Aug 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks ok, I'd maybe get a cowl or something like the pic below to hide the clocks... They look a little odd from the front (like they're meant to be hidden Rolling Eyes )

https://www.carpimoto.com/Images/Products/Zoom/fb_TX090DDX_Z.jpg
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

mrr1
Traffic Copper



Joined: 24 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 11 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just given my bike a mini facelift from gold to dark mid grey with a pair of fat pinstripes down the fender tank & tailpiece. I fluffed the tank (tried to rush things and made a real hash around the edges) but,generally, I think she suits her new colours - what d'ya think?
____________________
TRX850, TDM900, ST1300, CB650SC Nighthawk, ragtop Saab, gym membership, messy divorce, large chested blonde fiance
Damn, I'm loving my midlife crisis.


Last edited by mrr1 on 19:05 - 11 Dec 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:04 - 11 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new set of headlights and some removed fairings does not a streetfighter make in my opinion.

Don't like it personally, gold is tacky on anything (Beside Cossie rims Laughing) and it still looks like a Fazer.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v145/madamski/smilies/riaa.gif.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Relentless This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 296 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.10 Sec - Server Load: 1.08 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 130.96 Kb