Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Oblivion - Eldar scrolls

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:20 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Oblivion - Eldar scrolls Reply with quote

Hi
Just picked up this game and it seem like a bit of a beast. I've only done the first quest and am now a "blade".

Theres so much to do I don't knwo where to start (apart from doing the main quest).

Anyone got any ideas?
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:37 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was you I'd do a main quest objective every other quest, don't do what I did and play 35 hours doing side quests and powering up, only to find that when you do want to do the main quest, ther opponents are so high level it's more or less impossible to complete. I never bothered starting over after that. I read somewhere that someone had done all the geek work, and when you look at it, your character is the most strong/powerful at the very start of the game, thus ploughing through the main quest first is your best bet.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fawbish
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jan 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:59 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 14 hours I got a tad bored, but s'alright
____________________
"Oh....it looks like Average Joe's is forfeiting the match!" - "Yeah, its a risky strategy but lets see if it pays off for 'em Cotton."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:42 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So enimies level up as you do Surprised
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:58 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, which is all well and good, so long as you level up adequately for a given quest. I did 3 main quest objectives before I decided to go galavanting about the countryside looking to become badass. 34 hours of play later and I figured I should press on with the main quest, got to these gates to a castle and there was some big fuckoff monster guarding, took him out but I'd used all my magic, all my health potions and spells etc etc, thought bloody hell that was tough, on with the quest! Walk through the doors and there's 3 pathways, each of them guarded by another of those monsters, and since there was no way to know which way I was supposed to go, odds were I'd end up having to fight them all...hence there was no hope of completing the main game, as I was still literally at the start, and I couldn't imagine it getting any easier. I do think that had I gone straight there, I would have been faced with some run-of-the-mill opponents who'd have taken a couple of well aimed sword strikes before I could be on my merry way, but as it happened, I just turned the console off, and never spoke of I again....until today!!!

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

supZ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:23 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

attempted to play it for a bit, fought some skeletons, but once you get over the 'oo the scenary' it got boring very fast.

few years old now isnt it?
____________________
CBR954RR - Daily toy
CBR600RR - Trackbike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 01 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, was almost a launch title wasn't it?
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WildGoose
White Van Man



Joined: 21 Mar 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:33 - 02 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built this PC in 06, in order to play Oblivion half decently. Struggles a bit on max setting.

It's great game, but it has some terrible flaws as standard.

Bear in mind that the levelling system is broken, thereby if you level up as normal (without being particularly calculating about it) you will get weaker through the game as your progress and your enemies will get stronger. Sooner or later, you will find things you cannot possibly kill, and thus will reach a dead end.

You can complete all but about a dozen quests in the game without levelling (mainly the daedric shrine quests that need a certain level). I completed the main quest at Level 2.

By just increasing your skills (blade, block, light armour etc all those), but not actually 'levelling' you will actually get more of an advantage over your enemies as you go through.

To not level, just never sleep. Your skills will increase but you will remain at current level.

Disadvantage to this is you will not meet the more interesting enemies, you will fight skeletons, imps, goblins etc. Your stuff you find also won't be of the higher classes either, you will only find silver weapons/armour etc, not mithril/daedric etc. Silver weapons are all you need to kill undead stuff, so that is more than enough.

Though not all monsters and items are levelled, so you can still find some interesting stuff.


You can level "efficiently" but it requires a lot of grinding, writing stuff down and making sure you only work on a particular skill set each level. That is no fun at all, but if you are interested.

https://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Efficient_Leveling


The way I played, I focused mainly on the main quest, but didn't "fast travel" anywhere, and often got dragged into interesting adventures and side quests that I stumbled across on my way through the world.

The PC version has been modded by third parties over the years to eliminate the levelling problem. Though from what i've seen these only serve to make the game harder.

There was plenty of challenge playing it at level 2, particularly trying to close the great gate. When you get that far, make sure you get all the "Allies for Bruma" that you possibly can, they do make a difference.
____________________
So in other words, he stopped you for being flagrantly in posession of a motorcycle in direct contravention of the Hippies, Darkies and People Whose Face I Don't Like The Look of (Police Powers) Act. 1976
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.33 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 59.22 Kb