Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Simpson Helmets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

odemode
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Simpson Helmets Reply with quote

Does anyone know where to get these from. I have found this site but it does state that they are for car use only

https://www.designerhelmets.com/index.php

I see N30 has one, is his a car or is it bike specific?

Cheers
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:46 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Re: Simpson Helmets Reply with quote

odemode wrote:
Does anyone know where to get these from. I have found this site but it does state that they are for car use only

https://www.designerhelmets.com/index.php

I see N30 has one, is his a car or is it bike specific?

Cheers


The original Simpson Bandit is a car only lid due to the size of the visor aperture. It doesn't meet BS or ECE standards and therefore is not road legal.

There are road legal Simpson lids, but they seem to be quite rare in the UK. Craft on the other hand make some similar looking but more common helmets.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

odemode
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:51 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a look at the Craft lids and not really a fan of the look. They do look very similar but just not got that edge that the Simpsons hold.

Cheers anyway for the heads up I'll just have to keep searching
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

odemode
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:53 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen this site, what ya reckon?

https://www.biker247.com/news/542.asp

(Just noticed the ad was published in 2004 Evil or Very Mad )
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:56 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Re: Simpson Helmets Reply with quote

odemode wrote:
Does anyone know where to get these from. I have found this site but it does state that they are for car use only

https://www.designerhelmets.com/index.php

I see N30 has one, is his a car or is it bike specific?

Cheers


Your the new stig arent you? Your just shopping for lids to impress the Top Gear boys by supplying your own
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

odemode
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:57 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Re: Simpson Helmets Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
odemode wrote:
Does anyone know where to get these from. I have found this site but it does state that they are for car use only

https://www.designerhelmets.com/index.php

I see N30 has one, is his a car or is it bike specific?

Cheers


Your the new stig arent you? Your just shopping for lids to impress the Top Gear boys by supplying your own


Actually if he gets sacked I'll email him for his lid! Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Re: Simpson Helmets Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Craft on the other hand make some similar looking but more common helmets.


Craft are hard to get hold of now as the importers really pissed everyone off, so a lot of places are not renewing stock (at least that is what i found last year)
____________________
"intelligent inattention is preferable to unintelligent tinkering"
www.davejps.com
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:56 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be in the minority here, but I don't like them. They look far too big and clumsy.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:11 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whosthedaddy wrote:
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like them. They look far too big and clumsy.


I agree. They were cool in 2000, but now they are slightly passé now I guess.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Whosthedaddy
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:40 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Whosthedaddy wrote:
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like them. They look far too big and clumsy.


I agree. They were cool in 2000, but now they are slightly passé now I guess.


The Stig has probably made them a bit cooler for the ped generation.
____________________
Current : MSX 125 Past : CBR 900RR Monkeybike : c50 LAC : ZXR750 H2 : FZR600 : ZX7R P3 : YW100 : TRX850: Trophy 900 T309 : GSXR 600 L0: Monkeybike : XJ6S Whosthedaddy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

odemode
Nova Slayer



Joined: 29 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:42 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Whosthedaddy wrote:
I may be in the minority here, but I don't like them. They look far too big and clumsy.


I agree. They were cool in 2000, but now they are slightly passé now I guess.


Think your both right. Think I only like them because of the stig. Think I'll just stick with my HJC for now.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 33 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.39 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 73.71 Kb