Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Sweating + Textile trousers

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:00 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Sweating + Textile trousers Reply with quote

This is annoying me. I bought some textile trousers & as soon as the material from the trousers comes into contact with sweat, they let off a weird smell.

I sweat in my gloves but they never smell so must be some shitty material.

Any ideas? Are there special sprays that seal whatever material it is? I've got Muc-Off clothing spray but that just covers it up, it's no good as it mean you need to clean them every time you wear them.

I have a pair of Long-Johns which improve the situation but obviously some sweat gets through them.

They are Frank Thomas trousers.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem with my Spada trousers. They absolutely stink, think I might have to get some tights or something daft and wear them under them.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:35 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgEy wrote:
I have the same problem with my Spada trousers. They absolutely stink, think I might have to get some tights or something daft and wear them under them.


I've got some Spada Milen-Tex trousers and they don't smell, yet Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgEy wrote:
I have the same problem with my Spada trousers. They absolutely stink, think I might have to get some tights or something daft and wear them under them.


ms51ves3 wrote:
EdgEy wrote:
I have the same problem with my Spada trousers. They absolutely stink, think I might have to get some tights or something daft and wear them under them.


I've got some Spada Milen-Tex trousers and they don't smell, yet Laughing


Wasn't right away but after a week or so that's when they started to smell.

Don't want to really be wearing an extra set of material under the textiles as they're hot enough when the suns out. The Long-Johns do make a big difference tho.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure if it's the material in the trousers or just the fact I sweat more wearing them (they don't breathe at all, it's like wearing plastic bags). Takes about a week for them to stink and need washing. Good thing is they don't smell from the outside due to them not being porous, hahaha Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:15 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it smell like vinegar by any chance? Sick

I have a jacket that is the same, its disgusting.
Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:33 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgEy wrote:
I'm not really sure if it's the material in the trousers or just the fact I sweat more wearing them (they don't breathe at all, it's like wearing plastic bags). Takes about a week for them to stink and need washing. Good thing is they don't smell from the outside due to them not being porous, hahaha Razz


It's definitely the material. I used to own another pair & they never had the problem.

beatnck2 wrote:
Does it smell like vinegar by any chance? Sick

I have a jacket that is the same, its disgusting.
Thumbs Down


Laughing Not quite sure tbh. Either way it has to go.

I thought about making some DIY vents..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:16 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you take them off, turn them inside out, and hang them up to dry, so the sweat dries quickly. That way they wont smell as much.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
When you take them off, turn them inside out, and hang them up to dry, so the sweat dries quickly. That way they wont smell as much.


Until the next time i wear them. Smile Something ideal would be a pair of waterproof Long-Johns which are breathable. I don't think they make them tho..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wear thermal bottoms, I do with my leathers but for comforts sake.

Helps keep them clean, more comfortable and you don't get as hot/cold
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

L4Isoside wrote:
Wear thermal bottoms, I do with my leathers but for comforts sake.

Helps keep them clean, more comfortable and you don't get as hot/cold


Thermal bottoms. Brick Wall I should of thought of them. Embarassed

Thanks, will purchase some.

[EDIT]

The ones i bought are also thermal.


Last edited by Misc on 23:14 - 03 Sep 2010; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:08 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:


I've got some Spada Milen-Tex trousers and they don't smell, yet Laughing


Wasn't right away but after a week or so that's when they started to smell.

Don't want to really be wearing an extra set of material under the textiles as they're hot enough when the suns out. The Long-Johns do make a big difference tho.


It may be helped in my case because I always wear jeans under my textiles. I don't like wearing them without, it feels weird.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:10 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:

It may be helped in my case because I always wear jeans under my textiles. I don't like wearing them without, it feels weird.


Shocked Doesn't it feel a bit cramped in there? I've done it once before but my legs/movement felt far too restricted.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
ms51ves3 wrote:

It may be helped in my case because I always wear jeans under my textiles. I don't like wearing them without, it feels weird.


Shocked Doesn't it feel a bit cramped in there? I've done it once before but my legs/movement felt far too restricted.


No, I've got thin legs Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

2wheelsteve
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:27 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgEy wrote:
I have the same problem with my Spada trousers. They absolutely stink, think I might have to get some tights or something daft and wear them under them.



Lame excuse lad, thats how all trannies start hahaha, next it will be "a padded bra for extra protection" yea right Smile Thumbs Up
____________________
Ride Safe
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:35 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are the trousers breathable? Non breathable stuff can make nasty smells.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Derivative
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 03 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

2wheelsteve wrote:
Lame excuse lad, thats how all trannies start hahaha, next it will be "a padded bra for extra protection" yea right Smile Thumbs Up


Corset to keep my back together too? Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:01 - 04 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stelmer wrote:
Are the trousers breathable? Non breathable stuff can make nasty smells.


Breathable yes (Frank Thomas Raptor Trousers) they also came with a lining which i removed as it was far too hot inside them. Will fit this back to see if it makes a difference. Only comes down to just above the knee so won't stop it fully but will be a start at least.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Stelmer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:32 - 04 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you won't need them for a day or two, you could use the shower and give them a thorough rinse inside and out.....

I do it with mine as I dare not wash them in fear of damaging the goretex. They do dry in a day.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:39 - 04 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stelmer wrote:
If you won't need them for a day or two, you could use the shower and give them a thorough rinse inside and out.....

I do it with mine as I dare not wash them in fear of damaging the goretex. They do dry in a day.


I have been giving them a scrub with sponge & non scented soap which makes them smell like new. But it only lasts until i sweat again. Sad

I may buy some Jogging Pants actually, thing enough to allow movement but thick enough that the sweat won't get through as bad as the Long-Johns.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.52 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 107.81 Kb