Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Dead Rising 2

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:01 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Dead Rising 2 Reply with quote

Anyone getting it? Released the 24th of this month & is also coming to the PS3.

The first Dead Rising is one of my all time favs, had an interesting story too, one that doesn't bore you.

DR2 is said to have online play which i'm unsure if this is just the CO-OP or if it will include a death match free for all type match (which i'm hoping it will, never play CO-OP)

You can modify your own weapons this time round, Chainsaws + motorcross bike = Cool

Dead Rising 2 Trailer

There's also in-game footage which can be found on Youtube.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read that Fallout Vegas will be out in 2 months! Didn't know it was being released this early.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:14 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the prequal out on xbox live?

Pretty sure it has simlar features to the DR2.

Wont be getting it though, F1 2010 Very Happy
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:16 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the first one but I didn't like the whole, "You have to complete the game in 72 hours" thing. I like to take my time when playing games.

Apparently the new one is the same so I won't be buying it.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:23 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

A racing game Luke, seriously? Razz I've enjoyed a few before like PGR4 but it doesn't do anything to keep me interested past a few laps.

MonkeyKnuckle wrote:
I bought the first one but I didn't like the whole, "You have to complete the game in 72 hours" thing. I like to take my time when playing games.

Apparently the new one is the same so I won't be buying it.


You don't have a time limit on when to complete the entire game, each mission gives you a time limit which works in with the story, so it's not just like a 'fastest mission wins' type game, the time limit is usually the health of people you're meant to be saving.

The great thing is, even if you go over the time limit for each mission it isn't game over, it just means you failed to save the dying person who was crucial to the story for example. The game changes the story for how you've played it, so if you don't complete the missions within the time limit, you won't fight a certain boss or something in the story wouldn't of happened so the outcome is different.

From what i remember anyway. The 72 hours works in with the story very well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can be a little frustrating though, because then you have to start all over again to get a different ending and I like to know all endings Laughing (suppose you can save and restart from a certain point though)

I did have quite a lot of fun on the first one, but the second one wont have the same effect (its not new any more) just hope the controls are a little better Neutral

I'll not hold high hopes but providing its not rip off price i'll probably get it.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:56 - 07 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

L4Isoside wrote:
It can be a little frustrating though, because then you have to start all over again to get a different ending and I like to know all endings Laughing (suppose you can save and restart from a certain point though)

I did have quite a lot of fun on the first one, but the second one wont have the same effect (its not new any more) just hope the controls are a little better Neutral

I'll not hold high hopes but providing its not rip off price i'll probably get it.


I agree, also on the controls it was frustrating when the person you're escorting would suddenly run towards the zombies or just stand in one spot but something tells me that's what the creators wanted, makes it much harder.

On first appearances i didn't really like the game but when you realize you can level up quite a bit & learn new moves it becomes much more interesting. And as above, the story does give it a sense of direction.

In an interview they said something along the lines of having much more zombies on screen at one time.

The online play/create-your-own-weapons/vehicles should give it a fresh feel.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:01 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Misc wrote:
A racing game Luke, seriously? Razz I've enjoyed a few before like PGR4 but it doesn't do anything to keep me interested past a few laps.


heh, a few of us guys on FBC will be be playing online which I'm looking forward to most, and probably doing a few Time Trails too Very Happy
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:27 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Misc wrote:
A racing game Luke, seriously? Razz I've enjoyed a few before like PGR4 but it doesn't do anything to keep me interested past a few laps.


heh, a few of us guys on FBC will be be playing online which I'm looking forward to most, and probably doing a few Time Trails too Very Happy


Yeah playing online makes racing (even most games) much more interesting for me.

Still one of my favorites is Daytona USA with the seats.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:31 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I first tried playing dead rising on my portable tv, couldn't read the writing it made the game un playable, I bought a 32 hdtv and tried again still had trouble see the writing but could read it. I got twated buy a clown juggling chainsaws and fucked it off. I then tried playing it a few months later and some guys with a jeep and a machine gun fucked me up. The game seemed to have a difficulty curve like the powerband on a 125GP bike. It pissed me off too many times so I gave up.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Misc
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:29 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
I first tried playing dead rising on my portable tv, couldn't read the writing it made the game un playable, I bought a 32 hdtv and tried again still had trouble see the writing but could read it. I got twated buy a clown juggling chainsaws and fucked it off. I then tried playing it a few months later and some guys with a jeep and a machine gun fucked me up. The game seemed to have a difficulty curve like the powerband on a 125GP bike. It pissed me off too many times so I gave up.


Once you get into the swing of things it's a very good game. The guys in the jeep are relentless, very hard to get past when they won't leave you alone. But if you do kill them, you get their jeep & gun turrent which you can remove from the jeep. Smile Plus a shit load of PP's.

The bosses can be hard & annoying, the clown caught me out a few times (i didn't look online for tips..) but you do get their weapons which are awesome (Machete is brutal)

But looking forward to Fallout Vegas the most i think. Wonder if it'll have online play.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some Dead Rising 2: Case Zero thing on the Xbox live marketplace. It's a weird downloadable content thing which has been released before the game. Costs 400MS points.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

lllN30lll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:07 - 08 Sep 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonkeyKnuckle wrote:
There's some Dead Rising 2: Case Zero thing on the Xbox live marketplace. It's a weird downloadable content thing which has been released before the game. Costs 400MS points.

Free DLC for me Very Happy

Downloading it now, will comment later.

Quote:
Dead Rising: Case Zero is a downloadable chapter of the Dead Rising saga designed as a playable prologue for Dead Rising 2 that bridges the story between the first and second games. Any PP, clothing, and Combo Cards gained in Case Zerowill carry over into your Dead Rising 2 game!

Chuck Greene and his daughter Katey have barely escaped the Las Vegas zombie outbreak with their lives. They arrive in the lonely desert town of Still Creek looking for some rest, but unfortunately there is no rest to be had as this sleepy town has become overrun with zombies. Chuck must kill zombies, rescue survivors and escape from the zombie nightmare that is Still Creek before time runs out.

____________________
Turbo R1
CRF450R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 16 years, 25 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.79 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 82.36 Kb