|
|
| Author |
Message |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| growler |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 growler Traffic Copper

Joined: 17 Jul 2007 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 20:22 - 03 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I want to have a stab at the Lager  |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| iCraig |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 iCraig World Chat Champion
Joined: 05 Jun 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 20:45 - 03 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
I used to brew beer, I gave up cos it fucks up your health!
Its like 27p a pint, so you end up drinking atleast 4 pints a night or you end up drinking it just for the hell of it.
Having said that its good fun and as long as you keep everything clean the beer should come out ok. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 20:56 - 03 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Infact I fancy a home brew kit for my birthday next month, it's been talked about on here before and there was whole kits on a website mentioned. I'll go looking for the site now.
EDIT: Just found it . Brew-It-Yourself ____________________ Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway." |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Carl_steveo |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Carl_steveo World Chat Champion

Joined: 23 Jun 2008 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| CaNsA |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 CaNsA Super Spammer

Joined: 02 Jan 2008 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 21:01 - 03 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| c_dug |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 c_dug Super Spammer

Joined: 04 Sep 2007 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 21:37 - 03 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey CaNsA
I work for Menkind, drop me a PM if you are going to buy one of those brew buddies and I will try and sort you out on discount  ____________________ I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| AL- |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 AL- World Chat Champion
Joined: 17 Mar 2005 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 11:48 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Benson_JV |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Benson_JV World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 May 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 13:17 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Hey, I brew my own ale, but I don't use kits. I mash the grains then boil the wort with the hops.
Stay the hell away from that beer machine thing if you want to drink anything better than dirty dishwater.
The kit is what determines the flavour, the brew buddy 40 pint lager kit is a good starter (hey it's what I started with) Basically, a kilo of pre-hopped wort that's been boiled down and "40 pints" of water. But I would suggest you use closer to 30 pints of water, sure you get less beer in the end, but the beer you do get has a deeper stronger flavour, with the added bonus of being closer to 6% instead of 4%.
Message me with anything you want to know mate, I've got several thousand litres of beer brewing under my belt!
HTH. ____________________ Willson - "If you go out on that CBR600 in the winter, you're going to do more miles on your side than on your wheels."
Riding: CBR600FW Driving: Audi A6
Previous Bikes: '96 Bandit 600, '96 GPz305 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gone Nearly there...
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Benson_JV |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Benson_JV World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 May 2010 Karma :  
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gone |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gone Nearly there...
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Benson_JV |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Benson_JV World Chat Champion
Joined: 04 May 2010 Karma :  
|
 Posted: 16:27 - 04 Oct 2010 Post subject: |
 |
|
Indeed, although if you are going to do it, I must recommend using this stuff instead of sugar of brewers sugar. Gives it a much finer taste. Or failing that, brew it from scratch, even better!
https://www.muntons.com/homebeer/other-products/spraymalt_dark.asp ____________________ Willson - "If you go out on that CBR600 in the winter, you're going to do more miles on your side than on your wheels."
Riding: CBR600FW Driving: Audi A6
Previous Bikes: '96 Bandit 600, '96 GPz305 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 16 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|