Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Bike Stolen/Recovered

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

NS125RK
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:17 - 29 Jul 2004    Post subject: Bike Stolen/Recovered Reply with quote

Hi,

I know this is a long shot especially with all this "Black Capping" stuff going on but I need some help. I've recently had my bike stolen/recovered and the locks have been pulled so as you can guess i'd like to know how/if I can hotwire my bike. I've got it booked in at a garage to get a new lock barrel but its a fair trek, so if possible i'd like to try and ride it there. I've tried every combination under the sun but i've had no luck. Think they might have blown the main fuse. Theres black, red, black & white, green and I think another cable.

Thanks,

Shaun.

ps I don't mean to sound rude but if no one is going to tell me just say I don't need a lecture about it, I know it's a long shot.

Just to add my bike is a NSR125RK not a NS if that makes any difference.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe



Joined: 01 Sep 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:22 - 29 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly check the main fuse then. Idea Thumbs Up

Someone may be able to help you with this I suspect, or if you've got breakdown cover call them and they'll help you, or call the local garage and explain the problems and they'll be able to do something to help. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kickstart
The Oracle



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:57 - 29 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I would be tempted to say that your best course of action would be to get the new ignition switch and connect that up. Just tape it securely somewhere while you ride to the dealers.

And definatly check the fuses.

All the best

Keith
____________________
Traxpics, track day and racing photographs - Bimota Forum - Bike performance / thrust graphs for choosing gearing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NS125RK
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:13 - 30 Jul 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for the help, I'll go check the fuse tonight. I was thinking it might have been possible just to reconnect the wires to the existing ignition switch as this has not been damaged to any real extent. Does anyone know where I could get a diagram of the wiring for the ignition.

Thanks,

Shuan.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NS125RK
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've just rang the garage and he has told me how to get it started. I've checked the main fuse and it has blown. Just a quick question to see if it would be ok to try and see if I can get the bike started by shorting the fuse. I will get a replacement shortly but just wondering if it would cause any damage.

Thanks,

Shaun.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Big Pete
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 18 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:41 - 03 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

go and buy some fuses, if the twats have chopped the loom there may be live supplies shorting that you don`t know about. If you bypass the fuse you will damage the loom at best. Keep some spare fuses on the bike and in your jacket.
____________________
Trust me, I`m an engineer
GarageOfPower.co.uk
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NS125RK
Nova Slayer



Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:37 - 04 Aug 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I got some fuses last night, but I am still having problems starting the bike. All the electrics work but it just doesn't seem to want to start. Does the ground wire need to be connected anywhere? and can anyone think what else could be wrong? I haven't been able to check the spark plug yet as this is going to be a pain of a job as the previous owner thought it would be a bright idea to pop rivet the fairings together.

Thanks,

Shaun.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 22 years, 63 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.75 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 53.91 Kb