Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


First crash...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:46 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: First crash... Reply with quote

...and I wasn't even on the bike.

Went to Morrisons to pick up some stuff for tea, parked in a car bay as there aren't any dedicated bike bays there, spent about half hour shopping, came outside to find my owned-for-3-weeks CBR 125 on it's side...

Some complete cocksucker has teararsed into the bay without actually looking to see if it's free, rear-ended my bike and fucked off without a second thought, cowardly bastard that they obviously are. Hit it hard enough to shove it 2 foot forwards over a kerb, even though it was in gear, disklocked, and rear wheel chained.

Just got it in the living room at home now to assess.

Damage - Broken front mudguard, cracked headlight fairing, scuffed/cracked side fairing, broken/bent clutch lever, smashed rear n/s indicator, jammed seat lock, scuffed rear fairing.

Lid has also been trashed as was on the hanger, chin bar smashed (yeah, I know it's bad practice but hey, it'll be ok while I nip into Morrisons right...?)

Rode ok on the way home but I'm gonna take it off the road 'til the weekend then have a thorough going over.

I'm really fed up right now... Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to hear about that, you have to think long and hard about parking your bike in some places people's parking is that erratic, I've been reversed into while sat on the bike before!
Maybe Morrison's have cctv in the car park? Might help you find the culprit.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

flumpy7
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 31 May 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:52 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

fuckeers! Check for CCTV with Morrisons, deffo reoport to police too. Long shot but any chance of cathcing the bastards should be explored.[/i]
____________________
2012 Sinnis apache
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:57 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definately agree with the CCTV bit!

Good luck!
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

[haven't read thread]
Congratulations on your 1st crash (as you are able to type, all can't be that bad)

You've got it out of the way now.
[edit] read thread......[whistles and wanders off]


Pat
Apologies if you typed with only the use of your paralysed tongue
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project


Last edited by Howling TerrorOutOfOffice on 23:36 - 04 Nov 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

imanupstart
Traffic Copper



Joined: 16 Jul 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds infuriating, some right scum about Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:13 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

CCTV in the store and the police. If they have buggered off its criminal damage. If there are no witnesses, which I would find impossible to believe considering supermarkets always have people around and a bike going bye bye cant really be missed, I'd ask the store manager if you can get a poster put up looking for witnesses. Someone might have a numberplate.

Sucks to have any bike damaged but more so if it wasnt a drop by yourself. When parking in cage bays I always park as close to the open end of the bay as possible. That way any fool driving along can see me before they even attempt to park
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.


Last edited by pinkyfloyd on 23:16 - 04 Nov 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

lewis87
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:15 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not very often I would park my bike in a car space but if I do I never park it far into the space at all for this very reason.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Steve-D
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno about other Morrisons, But I worked in one for 3 years and the only cctv camera outside only covered the front doors Sad
____________________
www.southwestbikers.com
Tristan The said 'Dunno what my pace will be like, fastish slow puncture on the rear and if I go too fast I risk my 'keys' falling out'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

BumpingUglys
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 12 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:34 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys, I've asked in-store about CCTV but I just got some blank looks from the staff. Will go see if the manager can help me out some tomorrow.

UPPERCASENOSPACE wrote:
Not very often I would park my bike in a car space but if I do I never park it far into the space at all for this very reason.


Lesson learnt. And I guess a pretty obvious one at that. But being a car driver for a lot of years I'm still adjusting to the nuances and vunerabilities of a bike.

I just keep telling myself it's a lesson better learnt now, than with the R6 I'm aiming towards...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Acemastr
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 04 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really need a disklock, in gear... and a chain through the rear wheel to go to morrisons?seems a bit overkill personally.

I'd check the brake discs and calipers, disklocks can be evil things
____________________
2017 KTM 350 XC-F - 2014 Yamaha R6 - 2005 Yamaha YZ125
2016 Toyota Tacoma Limited
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ingah
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:16 - 05 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acemastr wrote:
Do you really need a disklock, in gear... and a chain through the rear wheel to go to morrisons?seems a bit overkill personally.

I'd check the brake discs and calipers, disklocks can be evil things


Personally i don't think the OP secured it enough to ensure 100% it was still there when they got back (and before some smart alec states the obvious - that you can never have 100% etc, i don't think an Almax/equivalent secured bike in such a location has ever been stolen without some sort of gross stupidity on the part of the owner) as it doesn't sound like it was locked to anything (lift -> van, doesn't take long and most likely "no one" would've saw a thing Rolling Eyes ) - although fair play for considerable effort there, and i can tell you that you were considerably unlucky as many people do things that regularly without anything happening.

Personally, i avoid car spaces, because i can't get my Almax 3 round anything solid - i use bicycle racks etc instead.

Hope you have success tracing the driver, as the situation described is something that makes my blood boil.
____________________
-- Ingah
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

olionel
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 08 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck man. I try and avoid car spaces but if I can't be bothered I make sure I park diagonal-ish (right bottom to top left of the bay) and not too forward in to the bay and make sure it is visible for the blind cager as they may get an early glimpse of the bike, the topbox etc also help I guess. Hope you sort it out anyway. Worth pursuing the CCTV footage too.
____________________
1989 CG125 - Childhood Sweetheart (she got kidnapped by baddies)
1998 ZXR400 - Teenage Love (lasted three years, then she turned lesbian and left me)
2001 XRV750 - Wife Material (still getting to know her but head over heels in love)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

27cows
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 08 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the back end carefully to see if the car left any traces of paint anywhere. Long shot but it could be an unusual colour. Or at the very least, you might see a car of the matching colour with a scraped bonnet next time you're down Morrisons.
____________________
The RXS100: vehicle of choice for Chuck Norris
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:18 - 08 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm just popping in and there isn't a motorcycle bay then I'll park it up against the wall of the shop somewhere, I don't think I've ever parked my bike in a car space.

We all know how annoying it is when looking for a space to see one in the distance only to realise there's a small car in it. Damn you small cars!
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 332 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.27 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 87.21 Kb