Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Removing a restriction code from my license? Possible?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:07 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Removing a restriction code from my license? Possible? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Just a quick question... When I filled in the forms to get my license I selected the box where it says I have some eyesight issues so obviously now I have the 01 code on my license.

However, after reading the the form clearly, it pretty much says that if you need glasses for correcting long or short sightness you do need to declare it.

I don't need to wear glasses at all times. My eyesight just gets a bit bad when tired at night and that is when I wear my glasses. I would like to have this code removed from my license so if I get stopped and I am not wearing my glasses I don't get a fine.

Cheers,
AJAG
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

you would be best contacting the DLA or the DVLA on this one with a letter explaining the situation and where the mistake was made, hell even claim that you didnt tick the box im sure they dont keep those things long. they may charge you if you made a mistake and even require evidence that your eyesight is ok.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:14 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I will give them a call on Monday. paying or getting my eyesight checked would not be a problem. rather that than paying a fine.
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just gave them a call since I realized they are open on Saturday and yes, it is possible. All I need to to is:

Fill in a D1 form and send it along with a cover letter explaining the situation and that I would like to get that code removed, and both parts of my license and job done. No fee involved.
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:11 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

good stuff Thumbs Up
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ditto
Nearly there...



Joined: 26 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
However, after reading the the form clearly, it pretty much says that if you need glasses for correcting long or short sightness you do need to declare it.


Is it ironic that you missed this the first time due to your eyesight problem?
Mr. Green
____________________
CG 125 > Bandit 600 > CBR 600 FY > Street Triple R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:44 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto wrote:
Quote:
However, after reading the the form clearly, it pretty much says that if you need glasses for correcting long or short sightness you do need to declare it.


Is it ironic that you missed this the first time due to your eyesight problem?
Mr. Green


Laughing
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:41 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Laughing
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloke
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:36 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wear contacts 24/7 and have had treatment for a detached retina (cryo..?) and currently have a scleral buckle fitted.

I have no such restriction code on my licence.

I've been told by my opthalmologist that I don't need to inform the dvla (was a 9 month period between detachment and passing my first full licence test (car)) as the adjustment period is typically 6 months and so it was unnecessary.

You've now got me worried. Don't get me wrong aside from the distortion due to the retina repair in my left eye (I'm right eye dominant) I can see fine with corrective lenses.

Think i'll look into this.
____________________
2008 VFR800 VTEC
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloke
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:57 - 06 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew panic over, needing corrective lenses is not a notifiable condition, neither is a retina surgery on one eye. Yay!
____________________
2008 VFR800 VTEC
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be aware that the DVLA are the biggest bunch of criminally incompetent cuntfucks in humanity. Photocopy both parts of your licence before sending anything, if you can get the photocopy signed at the local plod office all the better.

Multiple instances of people losing motorcycle entitlements and having to resit tests, DVLA refuse to acknowledge mistakes so there is feck all you can do if it happens to you. I hate the DVLA with every bone in my body.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:26 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

This got me thinking. Obviously, when you've completed the Motorcycle test you get the A category and the code 122 is taken away from Moped obviously??
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Scythe
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:05 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
This got me thinking. Obviously, when you've completed the Motorcycle test you get the A category and the code 122 is taken away from Moped obviously??


Yeah, mine doesn't have it on
____________________
2009 Yamaha YBR125 -> 2000 SV650S -> 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R 636
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:25 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto wrote:
Quote:
However, after reading the the form clearly, it pretty much says that if you need glasses for correcting long or short sightness you do need to declare it.


Is it ironic that you missed this the first time due to your eyesight problem?
Mr. Green


hehehe, I just assumed that I had to select it since I do wear glasses ocassionally as explained before. I assumed that short and long sightness had to be disclosed as it can definitively affect your driving. I can see fine, but kind of worries me all those people that have not disclosed it and are driving around without being able to see properly.
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:29 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
Be aware that the DVLA are the biggest bunch of criminally incompetent cuntfucks in humanity. Photocopy both parts of your licence before sending anything, if you can get the photocopy signed at the local plod office all the better.

Multiple instances of people losing motorcycle entitlements and having to resit tests, DVLA refuse to acknowledge mistakes so there is feck all you can do if it happens to you. I hate the DVLA with every bone in my body.


I have heard about this. Everytime I send my license to them I scan both parts and shit myself until I get it back and I see that it is all fine. To be honest I don't think me scaning my license will be useful to prove that they messed up.

However, the stories that I hear about this were all about changing the paper license to the photocard version. Hopefully that is the case so people do not have to go through this pain again.

last time I sent my licenses in, were to merge my German Car license with my British motorcycle one. I was sure they were going to get that wrong but fortunately they didn't. I was quite gutted about sending my German license in... They could not give me points on that license Wink
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bloke
Crazy Courier



Joined: 06 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:39 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajag wrote:
Ditto wrote:


Is it ironic that you missed this the first time due to your eyesight problem?
Mr. Green


hehehe, I just assumed that I had to select it since I do wear glasses ocassionally as explained before. I assumed that short and long sightness had to be disclosed as it can definitively affect your driving. I can see fine, but kind of worries me all those people that have not disclosed it and are driving around without being able to see properly.


Define "properly". I would bet that my visual acuity is probably better with my corrective lenses than your own.
____________________
2008 VFR800 VTEC
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:48 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the power of car lights these days I have an awful time seeing in night driving because of the glare Sad
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ajag
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 08 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 07 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloke wrote:
ajag wrote:


hehehe, I just assumed that I had to select it since I do wear glasses ocassionally as explained before. I assumed that short and long sightness had to be disclosed as it can definitively affect your driving. I can see fine, but kind of worries me all those people that have not disclosed it and are driving around without being able to see properly.


Define "properly". I would bet that my visual acuity is probably better with my corrective lenses than your own.


Sorry I think you misunderstod what I was trying to say.

Basically you are not one of those drivers/riders that worry me as you wear your glasses since you know you need them and are responsible enough to wear them, just like I wear them when I need to.

However, since there is no legal requirement for you to declare on your license that you are short or long sighted, a police officer could stop a driver/rider that has really bad eye sight but not know that this person should be wearing glasses sicne it is not on his/her license. Basically they are leaving it to our own judgement which could be dangerous at times. It is scary how many people do not seem to have common sense.

They seems to be more strict about this in Germany which is why I automatically filled in the box. They ask you to go to get a medical check up which includes an eyesight test. if the doctor sees that you need glasses, even if only for when driving at night and tired, the code goes on your license.
____________________
Street Triple
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 341 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 1.62 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 104.8 Kb