Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Helllllooo! New member here

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

simontriumph
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:18 - 13 Nov 2010    Post subject: Helllllooo! New member here Reply with quote

Just saying hi. I havnt passed my test yet (not even started learning yet!!) but will be hoping to learn and take my DAS after christmas.

Had my full car licence for 8yrs and have always wanted to do my bike test and finally decided to take the plunge. Lol. Iv got a couple of freinds that have their bike licences so got plenty of encouragment, not that I need any because Im mad for it Wink.

The only bike experience Ive got is an hr lesson on a RS125 my freind borrowed from someone. Got straight into it really, no problems with gears etc so cant wait to start my lessons.

Anyone recommend a good bike school, Im from Nottingham (Newthorpe to be precise).

Anyway, I will keep you posted on my progress. Cheers, Si
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 13 Nov 2010    Post subject: Re: Helllllooo! New member here Reply with quote

simontriumph wrote:
not that I need any because Im mad for it Wink.


Welcome to the forum........ Most of us are just mad Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:54 - 13 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey & welcome!
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 07:50 - 14 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome, I thought you might be from Madchecster Wink
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Beelzebob
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 08 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum mate Thumbs Up

I was in a similar situation to you... car driver for 12 years, and finally decided to halve the number of wheels. Did my CBT 6 months ago and loved it, bought a 125 to get some miles done, and have just last week passed my DAS.

Such an awesome feeling... and just got my first big bike Very Happy

That'll be you in no time at all.
____________________
'09 YBR 125 -> '92 XJ600 S Diversion -> '99 Hornet 600

"Stronger than your average female lifeguard"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Rustle
Nova Slayer



Joined: 28 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:36 - 15 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll never look back once you get onto two wheels!! Very Happy No idea on the schools in your area but welcome to the boards Smile
____________________
Test Passed 29/01/09 - Restriction Ends - 29/01/11
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

simontriumph
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:48 - 15 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Would you recommend doing all your lessons, Mod1 and Mod2 in a week long block or spread the lessons over a couple of months??
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nokiakeys
Token



Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:02 - 15 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

simontriumph wrote:
Thanks for all the welcomes guys.

Would you recommend doing all your lessons, Mod1 and Mod2 in a week long block or spread the lessons over a couple of months??

It all depends how much cash, time and experience you have.
I had been riding for about 6 months before I done my das training and test... but i was confident, but not cocky Very Happy Done mod 1 & 2 on same day Cool
____________________
CBT: 04/2010 -> Theory: 09/2010 -> MOD1 & 2: 10/2010 (That's right baby, both on same day)
Honda CBF125 -> Honda CB600FS Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:53 - 15 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely WOULD NOT recommend booking both tests the same day, or anywhere close to each other really! Just in-case eh? Cool
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

simontriumph
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:09 - 15 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iv got about 30mins experience thats all. Lol. But managed to master the gears on an RS125 and felt quite confident in that time.

I will probably do my CBT and see what the guy teaching me thinks would be best. He should have an idea of how quickly I can pick it up.

But I certainly wont be doing my Mod 1 and Mod 2 on the same day, that is for sure. Tempting fate I think.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
FURBAR This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:17 - 16 Nov 2010    Post subject: Re: Helllllooo! New member here Reply with quote

FURBAR wrote:


See .. first to post, you just can't help yourself .. ! Laughing Rolling Eyes


Sounds like jealousy sweetie. Dont worry dear I wont tell anyone of your secret obsession with me or how you seem to know where and what I post.

Our little secret sugar plum.... Fairy!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
FURBAR This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:28 - 16 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again I rest my case..... Shucks. I dont know whether to be flattered or sick.

Wub Sick Puke
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
FURBAR This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 320 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 2.79 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 89.93 Kb