Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Weather forecast/crystal ball...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:08 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Weather forecast/crystal ball... Reply with quote

I'm re-doing my Mod 1 on 10th December. Anyone know what the weather's likely to be like in South Yorkshire? I'm considering cancelling and rebooking for the spring as I don't fancy the 40 mile round trip to the test centre on the bike if it's going to be as cold as it is at the minute. It will be further compounded by the fact that I'll have just come back from two weeks in the Canaries, so I'll be totally frozen having been acclimatised to warmth for a bit. I don't know what to do. MTFU probably.

I'll think I'll ride through in the winter gloves I have difficulty riding in and take my thinner gloves to wear for the test for better feel.

Any thoughts? Yeah yeah, MTFU, I know...

EDIT. Just checked accuweather. Looks like it might warm up a bit come early December. Fingers crossed.
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to netweather it will be cooler and drier than average.
https://www.netweather.tv/images/lrf/nov/decrain.png

https://www.netweather.tv/images/lrf/nov/dectemp.png

Whatever the weather..All you can do is your best.....then do it again Razz
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:34 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it gets a bit closer try this
https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/yh/rotherham_forecast_weather.html Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gone
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:40 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just be glad you don't live where I do, winter is just starting to bare its teeth: https://www.foreca.fi/Finland/Kouvola/tenday
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kal
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:43 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the winter gloves constantly

It gets to you adjust to them, I actually hated switchign to my summer gloves the first time because I'd adapted so much during the winter
____________________
Kal...
I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It I Like To Hoon It Hoon It Ya Like To (HOON IT!).

1984 GB250 Clubman,1983 CB250N Superdream, 1999 GPZ500S
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:42 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rebooked my mod1 as soon as I failed and It was freezing on the day. But I won't be doing MOD2 until the spring at the earliest. It's going to be so much more enjoyable in the sun IMO.

There's no emediate rush, however much you want those L's gone, I'm still gonna be riding the same bike for some time after so although It would be cool not to have them, The end of the day, don't be putting yourself out of your way to do it in the freezing cold of all type of weather. Cool
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stonesie wrote:


I'll have a look at that one when we get back.
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:51 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

FinnDave wrote:
Just be glad you don't live where I do, winter is just starting to bare its teeth: https://www.foreca.fi/Finland/Kouvola/tenday


Ouch! Surprised
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 17 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal wrote:
Use the winter gloves constantly

It gets to you adjust to them, I actually hated switchign to my summer gloves the first time because I'd adapted so much during the winter


My thumb doesn't work when using the indicator switch...
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 319 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.96 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 66.04 Kb