Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Quick bike related survey

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Quick bike related survey Reply with quote

Hello BCF
I need a few minutes of your time. I'm doing a design project for my dissertation and I have a few options for the direction I could take it in, so I'm doing a bit of research to narrow it down.
Heres a 20 question survey, shouldnt take too long and it would be really helpfull if you take a little while to fill it out
Any feedback, feel free to post it here.

The survey is here

nb any answers marked with a circular tickboxes are single answer questions, click the one that best reflects you even if it's not 100% accurate, any with square boxes are multiple answer questions, click as many as you like

Thanks a lot Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done and passed the link to my dad too. Thumbs Up
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:59 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Thumbs Up
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:00 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I have answered it as what I do rather than what I would like to do, for instance I would like to pay a professional to set up my suspension but realistically I don't have the time or money to get that done so I ticked the fiddle until I like it box.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:04 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
Also, I have answered it as what I do rather than what I would like to do, for instance I would like to pay a professional to set up my suspension but realistically I don't have the time or money to get that done so I ticked the fiddle until I like it box.


either would of been fine Thumbs Up

Big thanks to those who've taken the time so far. Theres some patterns already emerging
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mr.kris
Traffic Copper



Joined: 11 Nov 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:07 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

done!
____________________
TS50X---CM125---MZ150---Z250---RS125---ZXR250---BANDIT600---TRX850---TL1000S---CBF600---ZX6R---BANDIT1200S---CG125---VFR800---CBR1000F---CG125---CG125---CB900F---CB900F---CG125---TUONO1000R---KLR600---GSX1300R HAYABUSA---VFR400NC30---BANDIT1200---CG125

HAYABUSA now in use!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:10 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon you will get a pretty predictable trend with the age/experience of riders and the bikes they are interested in and from there what adjust-ability they would rather have.

For example I think it will show young riders are most interested in sports bike and would like adjustable suspension over ergonomics.
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:12 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, hope it helps Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody likes cruisers Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:25 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
Nobody likes cruisers Laughing


One reason why I got rid of mine Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gone
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

All filled in to the best of my ability.

BTW, as an English teacher at a college of design and business studies, I recommend that you run a spell checker over your survey questions!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

paula4u
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 25 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

all done.. Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

HD
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:45 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im relatively unexperienced so for all of the adjustment questions I chose 3 apart from the ones I actually knew made a difference.

But HTH!
____________________
Rusty '02 Vito Camper + CBR600F3
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:57 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered them based on the hypothetical situation that I would ever buy a new bike again. Which, short of landing up with so much money I don't really care what I spend (so say I had a couple of million in the bank) is something I will never do.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Thumbs Up
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, afraid my karmas run out for the day, I'll try to remember to give more out tommorow
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

VTRkemshell10...
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:51 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done
____________________
Past Rides: Sym Jet Euro X, Gilera DNA, Aprillia RS125 (Spains No1 Replica), 1991 Honda NSF, 2006 Honda CG125, 1992 Honda CB400 Super Four, 2000 VFR800 FY-I
Current Rides: 2001 VTR1000 FIRESTORM
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

skatefreak
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Feb 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:24 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done,
Curious what your planning to do now :p

-Jvr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:51 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done, so you now have old fart input, Laughing
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

slyrob
Traffic Copper



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:58 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done Smile
____________________
Pitslayer wrote "it could be Ndubz.....ruining this once great place with donkey gobbling loafer knobbing "music".
silky666 wrote "In my eyes, when you shake cocks with the devil, you may as well go for the full reach around"
Villers wrote "as reliable as a ginger stepchild on smack"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just paid £12 to upgrade to a paid account, as the number of replies was getting close to the free account limit. So thanks for the brilliant amount of replies Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:06 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate motorbikes and anything to do with them. Mad

I did the survey thing.

Where's my prize?
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:11 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:
I hate motorbikes and anything to do with them. Mad

I did the survey thing.

Where's my prize?


Your prize is knowing you made me spend £12. Your survay was the first over 50.

I can see individual survey results now, so I know how much you spent on a heammoroid friendly seat Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:14 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
Walloper wrote:
I hate motorbikes and anything to do with them. Mad

I did the survey thing.

Where's my prize?


Your prize is knowing you made me spend £12. Your survay was the first over 50.

I can see individual survey results now, so I know how much you spent on a heammoroid friendly seat Thumbs Up


That's amazing how it can tell all that from just a few clicks.

I bought a Gel seat for a Triumph ST I owned.

Cool survey.
Thumbs Up


Laughing
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 317 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.66 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 124.17 Kb