Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Getting in the back . . . . .

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

B10Hazard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:44 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Getting in the back . . . . . Reply with quote

So who enjoys or dislikes being on the back of a bike.
Well today i went on the back of a CBR600 for a 55 mile round trip and really enjoyed it, the rider was 44 and well experienced had bikes all his life etc etc. Other than today the only time iv been on the back of bikes is on mopeds and random other things when i was younger and stupider mainly with allymoss piss balling about.
It was a little un nerving at first because iv not had much experience with high powerd bikes in general.
The only bad thing is i am know contimplating a cbr 600 just down the road that needs a bit of work.
Never thought much about the cbr's or been that interested but they actually pretty good bikes, atleased from a passanger point of view.
I did have a little go in a car park and i do mean a little go. just a lap of a retail park in second. Good funn though . Not quite sure about the ridung position to much and the seats need to be softer
Dan Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bike .. The police stole it
No longer any socks
Let me take you on a trip . . let me show the world in my eyes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I went on the back, I would seriously have to trust the person. I'm a bit hypocritical really, I've had loads of pillions but most of them are not bike riders.

The CBR is, in my opinion, one of the best all round bikes there is.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the rider. One of my mates with a GPZ1000RX I trusted completely and was happy to have him wheelie to his heart's content, another with a CB900F2 have me 180 degree hips after bouncing my knees off both the car we were overtaking and the cars parked opposite.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:57 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not ridden bitch in donkeys years.
Would like to again.
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Vin
World Chat Champion



Joined: 02 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:00 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it, I find it frightening.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:01 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never have except on crossers.

If you're near Mossy and you're not a cock you can have a go on my cbr Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling TerrorOutOfOffice
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was frightened on purpose first time. I was only 16 and thought that was how it was supposed to be.
The last time was on a friends 350LC and we hit cow dung midcorner.

My pillions have said it can be relaxing and one said she nearly fell asleep. I'd like to be pillion to a quick smooth rider...on track would be ideal.
https://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01450/princeHarryBike_1450633c.jpg
____________________
Diabolical homemade music Bandcamp and Soundcloud
Singer songwriter, Artist and allround good bloke Listen to Andrew Susan Johnston here
The Harry Turner Project


Last edited by Howling TerrorOutOfOffice on 22:06 - 26 Nov 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:06 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
Never have except on crossers.

If you're near Mossy and you're not a cock you can have a go on my cbr Thumbs Up


He's not and he is.

lol JK Laughing

He will be around occasionally.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rob_scott92
Could Be A Chat Bot



Joined: 28 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:08 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only ever been on the back of my uncles bike (A CB900FA funnily enough) and his Kawasaki Z1b. The kwaka was definitely more passenger friendly.
Not sure if i'd trust anyone else really, i do prefer to be the rider now though.
____________________
First bike: 1982 Suzuki Gs 125 'The beast MK1' Wink > 1988 Honda Cb 350's' FOR SPORT! (Good ol' oil burner!) > 2001 Suzuki Sv 650 's' Made it out of the 80's! > 1997 Honda Cbr 600f :p
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:09 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to love it, now hate it.

I hate being a passenger in a car as well.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

woll
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:23 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the last time i went pillion was about 4 years ago... on the back of my brothers dt125 when he was on L plates. I enjoyed it but that's because i hadn't ridden anything above 50cc lol. Not sure if i'd like it now, i think i'd just pick up on other people faults if they made any, but on the other hand it could be good if they're a good rider as you could see how they ride in different situations and you could learn a thing or two off them.
I do enjoy taking people on the back of me though, like to shit the odd person up too Twisted Evil
____________________
Current Bike- Suzuki DRZ400 SM K6
Previous bikes - Derbi Senda Xtreme50r, Honda CBR 125, Kawasaki ZZR 250, Yamaha DT125R, Suzuki Bandit 600, Gas gas ec 250, Honda CBR600FW
Damaged spleen, damaged kindey, 2 popped lungs, 2 broken ribs, broken face, broken wrist and 5 back fractures... remember kids walls hurt
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

B10Hazard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:29 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not a cock your fat gypsy. The worst pillion experience iv ever had is when mossy had his big bear quad running on transit wheels and tyres going like shot off a shovel through a wet field with me shouting slow down, slow down, slow the fuck fuck down, slow . . . ..
On the floor in a heap head hurting leg hurting mossy nearly dead due to a knee to the head.
Fun but painfull Thumbs Up
____________________
Current bike .. The police stole it
No longer any socks
Let me take you on a trip . . let me show the world in my eyes.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 26 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

BioHazard wrote:
On the floor in a heap head hurting leg hurting mossy nearly dead due to a knee to the head.
Fun but painfull Thumbs Up


Good times
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ariel Badger
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate pillion, it scares the poo out of me, I would not go on the back of a bike with me riding it. I especially would not go on the back of me riding it!
Going in sports sidecars is fun though, I love hanging out and brushing the tarmac with my elbow on left handers Very Happy
____________________
Bikers make great organ donors, get 115 on your licence today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Louise
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:37 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I went pillion was on my mates R1 - who is a crazy rider.
Change of pants, and I would never go again.
I need to have control over the bike.
My mrs rides now, I have no bike at the moment - but I would still never go pillion again Thumbs Down
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ajbsmirnoff
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:21 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only been on the back of a bike twice,. Both times about 1992. A nice lady rode me from sheffield to Newcastle and back. and to a bluegrass festival in Edale (again from Sheffield). Was quite nice overall, although as she was short, I got a really good view of everything we were hurtling towards. By the end of it, I wasn't a sack of tatties apparently.

The helmet and jacket turned my pony tail into a matted dread for the day though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

CarlosCBR
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:37 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took my mum pillion on the CBR125 earlier in the week, really surprised how well the bike coped with it to be honest, even managed to crack 70 a few times.

Havent been pillion for years, last time was on a CBR6f and that was all day long comfortable, other times on a GPZ500 which was ok and an SV650 which had razor blades in the seat after 80 miles.
____________________
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OPv5mDPQ14

https://www.facebook.com/carl.simmonds.7
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rowey
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:34 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ms51ves3 wrote:
Used to love it, now hate it.

I hate being a passenger in a car as well.


This. When I was young I went on the back of a few bikes and loved it. Now I've been riding for quite a few years, It scares the shit of me being on the back.

I don't like driving cars in general. I have to for work. It's the same for that though. Fine driving, not so much enjoyable as passenger.
____________________
ZX6R C6F.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind been pillion.

I have been pillion on both my bikes. Thumbs Up
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

yen_powell
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mate gave me a lift from Braintree to Norwich on his old GSXR1100 to collect my current Africa Twin from it's previous owner.

First of all I could barely get my feet on the pegs because my knees didn't want to bend that far.

Next when he got onto the down ramp for the A12 he opened it up big time and hit a bump in the road at the same time, my arse left the seat and came back down 6 inches further back than it should of. I think a small bit of poo came out when that happened.

The final straw was when he went round the first fast roundabout and I swear my ear was about an inch from the tarmac. I made him pull over by prodding him in the ribs and smacking him round the back of the head and I took over the riding with him on the back. The amount of bend my knees had to achieve was even worse than sitting on the back but I felt a bit safer. I hate riding pillion.

Riding back home on the Africa Twin was like sitting in an armchair.
____________________
Blackmail is a nasty word........but not as nasty as phlegm!
XT1200Z and a DR350 in bits
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:36 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been on the back of my dads bikes. He's by no means a skilled rider, but he's cautious so its all good. The only other person i've been on the back of is a mate who's crashed every bike he's ever ridden. Including the one he got from the test centre to do his test on... and mates bikes he's taken for a spin round the block...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Benson_JV
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 May 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:35 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind it, I'm always pillion on Willsons ER5. Only thing I dislike is when he lies flat against the tank and takes his hands off the bars. Laughing
____________________
Willson - "If you go out on that CBR600 in the winter, you're going to do more miles on your side than on your wheels."
Riding: CBR600FW Driving: Audi A6
Previous Bikes: '96 Bandit 600, '96 GPz305
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr



Joined: 01 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:32 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to think now; I think I've only ever ridden on the bunny seat with about three riders! Mostly my uncle in our youth, when he was a real cock.
Dragged my up Solihul High street on my helmet, behind an XT500!
Cash point hadn't given him any money & he was in a foul mood, then the kicker kicked back and re-hurt his sprained ankle from the first time he got it cods..... but all was forgotten when he spotted a couple of girls in short-skirts coming out of Beaties.....
Including the fact tht I was still clambering on the back!
He decided to do monster wheelie to get thier attension....
It worked too!
Not becouse his mono-wheeling antics were so impressive, but the fact he was dragging a screaming 'victim' behind him as he did it!
Wasn't the only time he forgot I was on the back, actually....
On another occassion a hot-hatch had tried to out drag him from a set of lights; the red mist descended, and the next thing he was trying to drag the pegs in the twisties to teach it a lesson, wondering why it wasn't responding like it should...... we came to rest on a grass verge, having just narrowly avoided the ditch before the hedge when it wanted to take a slightly wider line than he'd planned...... knoblies CAN offer 'useful' grip, then!
____________________
My Webby'Tef's-tQ, loads of stuff about my bikes, my Land-Rovers, and the stuff I do with them!
Current Bikes:'Honda VF1000F' ;'CB750F2N' ;'CB125TD ( 6 3 of em!)'; 'Montesa Cota 248'. Learner FAQ's:= 'U want to Ride a Motorbike! Where Do U start?'
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ol
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:34 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time in for 8/9 years was about 2 months ago, Reg Rec died on the SV and needed a bike for work, so arranged to borrow dads CB1000, he rode over and picked my up, pillion back to his, then i brought the bike home - he's a steady rider, didn't pass 80 (was big open roads and dual carriageway all the way) but i fooking hated it - seems hypocritical really as there's times i ride like i'm possessed, but hated not being in control.. will be making a point of not doing it again!
____________________
Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gone
Nearly there...



Joined: 01 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it once, about 25 years ago, never again. Not happy in any situation in which I am not in control, hate to be a passenger in a car, even on a plane.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 315 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.74 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.63 Kb