Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


E-Bike

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:18 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: E-Bike Reply with quote

Anyone taken out a policy with Ebike online?

I did one 2 hours ago, paid in full and NEEDED it to commence at 6pm this eve.

I have no comfirmation via email of anything to do with the insurance policy, no numbers, nothing, even though ive already paid for it. (just the payment details).

How long does it normaly take for it to go through? As im stranded at a mates house with the bike untill the policy starts. (thanks to my previous insurance not telling me my insurance had ended!)
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:27 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have, and it was done immediately once I'd paid. They send an email to confirm you are covered, and then the documentation gets posted later.
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:28 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, the policy started straight away, they emailed me the cover note.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:33 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.

Will wait a bit longer and see if anything comes through. Only want to print off a cover note!
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

weasley
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:49 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it in your junk mail folder?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

evoboy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 20 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

weasley wrote:
Is it in your junk mail folder?


No.
____________________
Suzuki GT250 x7------- Fazer 600------CB250RS------Aprilia Rally 70----- Bandit 600

APT Motorcycles
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Peterthepillo...
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 15 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:18 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a real fan of ebike, I'm sure you are covered.
I would say that following my recent accident on the MT03 (destroyed) they are quite rightly refusing to settle because I (quite honestly) forgot to tell them about a no-fault incident that befell my work van two years ago. This is fair play, and I don't object to paying for my stupid mistakes. I'm actually quite remorseful as I injured my partner quite badly, so in a way I am pleased they stuffed me.
Experience can be expensive, 3.5K in this case, so make sure you play their game to the letter.
____________________
A passage broad, smooth, easy, inoffensive down to hell.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:54 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with E-Bike.

My experience hasn't been so pleasent.

Due to a dissagreement over my restricter, which is now resolved, in my legitamet favour, I was riding without cover for a week without knowledge. Was only when I went to check their policy on moving policy to other bikes was I informed I wasn't covered.

Useless in the fact they only deal over the internet, they avoided me, tried to catch me out in cancelling my policy and making me pay it in full.

Will be leaving them as soon as possible.
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bEN_
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for bike policies, but stay away when it comes to e-car it's to much hassle
____________________
2010 Ducati 848 Dark

Lamp Post Enthusiast
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:18 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had a problem in regards with the OP's situation; but generally have found them irksome for a few reasons.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:58 - 27 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're a faceless organisation that like to operate by keeping their distance and dodging the bullet wherever possible.
I found them competitive for courier cover when they first began but they soon changed and policy costs spiralled on their pay as you go monthly scheme so I switched to wicked quotes who I'm with till today, 80% cheaper and no problems with communication.
They are difficult to get in contact with, premium rate lines and 30 minutes queueing, emails go unreplied to and you have to chase your money with them every time they make a mistake, which they do an awful lot.
They remind me of city sprint actually!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

17-in-87
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:23 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found e-bike great, until I needed to make a claim.

Wouldn't touch 'em with a bargepole tbh.
____________________
K1 GSX-R 600 - blue n white of course....

Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:33 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peterthepillock wrote:
I'm a real fan of ebike, I'm sure you are covered.
I would say that following my recent accident on the MT03 (destroyed) they are quite rightly refusing to settle because I (quite honestly) forgot to tell them about a no-fault incident that befell my work van two years ago. This is fair play, and I don't object to paying for my stupid mistakes. I'm actually quite remorseful as I injured my partner quite badly, so in a way I am pleased they stuffed me.
Experience can be expensive, 3.5K in this case, so make sure you play their game to the letter.


So they blatantly defrauded you. Scum.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:11 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Re: E-Bike Reply with quote

evoboy wrote:
Anyone taken out a policy with Ebike online?

I did one 2 hours ago, paid in full and NEEDED it to commence at 6pm this eve.

I have no comfirmation via email of anything to do with the insurance policy, no numbers, nothing, even though ive already paid for it. (just the payment details).

How long does it normaly take for it to go through? As im stranded at a mates house with the bike untill the policy starts. (thanks to my previous insurance not telling me my insurance had ended!)


Log in, should have details there.
I made a payment, it got lost in system and like you i needed to be on cover, they argued, i argued, told them to get off their arses and sort it in a total rage i gave some extreme abuse and finally got it sorted after about 36 hours
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:29 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

while we are discussing insurers, anyone got any opinions on motorcycle direct ? For me its them and ebike who give me the low quotes, so i tend to alternate between them. I'm currently with motorcycle direct and its coming up to renewal time.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Blue_SV650S
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Nov 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said above, log in, it will give status there.

I have e-bike and the email came through pretty quick IIRC (started it a few years back now).

Thankfully not had to make a claim thus far, but I went with e-bike due to the ease of adding another/multiple bikes to the same policy! Thumbs Up

The only thing that isn't so great is that, unlike many other comprehensive policy's, with e-bike, you are NOT covered to ride other peoples bikes 3rd party, which is a real shame Crying or Very sad
____________________
The purpose of life is to fight maturity.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Cheeseybeaner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:42 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
while we are discussing insurers, anyone got any opinions on motorcycle direct ? For me its them and ebike who give me the low quotes, so i tend to alternate between them. I'm currently with motorcycle direct and its coming up to renewal time.


I'd recommend ramasis insurance or 'wicked quotes' as they like to call themselves, cheapest for me by far and have not had any problems in 3 years. Give them a try.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:52 - 28 Nov 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
while we are discussing insurers, anyone got any opinions on motorcycle direct ? For me its them and ebike who give me the low quotes, so i tend to alternate between them. I'm currently with motorcycle direct and its coming up to renewal time.


Motorcycle direct were brill with me, they organised an accident management company for me when I had my claim in 2007.
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.78 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 100.06 Kb