Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How much...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: How much... Reply with quote

How much can you live off per month?

Including rent, bills, food, fuel etc?

I reckon I'm down to about £320ish, but I'm a right tight bastard.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:48 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: How much... Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
How much can you live off per month?

Including rent, bills, food, fuel etc?

I reckon I'm down to about £320ish, but I'm a right tight bastard.


Holy cow if I could live off of £320 a month I'd have a lot of savings...

I take it you live with your parents or something?
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

yuri2085
World Chat Champion



Joined: 05 Jul 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:54 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My rent is significantly more than that and I would have to live 2 miles off campus to have that 320 as my entire rent.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Scooty
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 30 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:58 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be nice.

About £1000 for rent, council tax, train ticket, food and bike insurance. Damn, no wonder I'm always overdrawn Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Current Bike: 2018 Honda CRF250L
Ex-Bikes: 2002 Honda CG125, 1998 Honda VFR800, 2011 Honda CBR600F, 2013 Triumph Sprint GT SE, 2015 Kawasaki ZX10R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pete.
Super Spammer



Joined: 22 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over £1600 a month here before buying food.
____________________
a.k.a 'Geri'

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pabbers
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My childcare bills alone are around 800 per month!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Carl_steveo
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:20 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over a grand a month. My rent alone is £495. Add to that on average every month £100 Gas, £50 Electric, £35 mobile contract, £50 Internet/Tv/House phone. Then food a month is about £200, council tax is £65ish and then a few hundred on nights out a month. A fair amount lol. Seriously if theres any young'ns out there thinking about moving out of their parents house, don't do it. You might be making some money but seriously its far better to pay rent to your parents and have spare cash for fun than be skint all the time.
____________________
Current: Honda Nsr 125
Live: Sunderland
Luke "cant be arsed to read your post, but suck my balls anyway."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Relentless This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:37 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could do about £900 that includes everything, rent, council tax, phones, broadband, lovefilm, gas, elecy, etc... but that's if I cycle, otherwise add another £40 to that. Gives me plenty of disposable per month to either save or spend, not that it ever feels like I have any spare cash right enough Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MonkeyKnuckle
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:47 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

£400 for rent, bill, council tax etc. Then probably another £100 or so on food etc.

I'm moving back home soon though to save money so that'll drop to £60 or so a month.
____________________
MKGaming.com
2000 Honda CBR600F - Sold! 2003 Honda CBR600RR - Current!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:59 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: How much... Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Chalky. wrote:
How much can you live off per month?

Including rent, bills, food, fuel etc?

I reckon I'm down to about £320ish, but I'm a right tight bastard.


Holy cow if I could live off of £320 a month I'd have a lot of savings...

I take it you live with your parents or something?


Nope got a 1 bed flat, £240 a month rent.

Rarely have the heating on & don't pay council tax.

£350 would probably be a more accurate guess in heinsight. That would be an absolute minimum that's what I mean, i've got gym and nights out on top etc.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Frost
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:11 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

£450 rent
£80 bills
£100 food
£60 bus fair
Total: £690
Which is shockly close to how much i actually get.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trevoriv
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:53 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mortgage alone is more than double that and I live on my own!
____________________
Past: '96 Thundercat, '02 ZX636R (A1P), '58 KTM 690 SM LC4 Current: '06 ZX636R (C6F)
Mudskipper wrote: Someone just has to sig that...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ol
World Chat Champion



Joined: 07 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

750 - Rent
250 - Bills
45 - Car + Bike insurance
40 - petrol
70 - Sky, Mobile phone, Broadband etc

---------
£1155 for regular stuff - Then:

50 - old credit card
100 - old loan / debts
100 - other loan

----------
£1405 goes out before i spent owt' Then:

200 food (wife, me + 2 sprogs)

---------

So all in all about £1600 Sad This leaves very little for me to try and save some money for the kids / any new toys for me (bikes!) / holidays / days out etc....

pretty much have no money to actually enjoy myself, and am shagged if anything goes wrong with the bike or car.... though things should ease off a touch when credit cards / loans are paid off.... i pretty much just live for when i'm debt free and can afford to do something again!

Edit: also the wife pays for all the child care (2x kids in nursery) that's about £6 / £700 a month + nappies + baby food + baby clothes + baby shoes (fcuk me they're a rip off - honest to god, who ever decided tiny fcuking dolls shoes that fit babies should be £20 needs a slap) plus her car etc.. we pretty much just live to earn money to pay for everything, it makes me very very miserable at times.
____________________
Previous: Cub50, NRG50, TS50, YB100, CB125, NSR125, ZZR600, CBF1000, SV650s, ZX6R B1H, XT250, Mito Powered Crosser, WRF450, , FZ600, VN800, GSXR600 - Currently CB1000R
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:11 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had a quick look at my spreadsheets, and for two of us it's a rough monthly average of...

£100 Electric, Gas, Water
£110 Council Tax
£50 TV/Phone/Internet
£50 2 mobiles
£100 2 cars
£20 Bike
£100 Fuel
£200 Food
£730 Total

If I were on my own, without altering my lifestyle, that would come down to about £440. That doesn't include any entertainment spending, just basic living costs.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

5v3d3b0
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Sep 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:38 - 09 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year will be:
Tuition fees 3375/12 = 281 per month
80 per week rent = 347 per month
Bills 15 per month
Food 100-200 depending on how well I manage myself
Going out = 200-350 a month depending on how much more of that I spend on food (my metabolism is ridiculous Laughing )

It adds up Confused

All in all my budget is just over 11k for 2011-2012 (food and going out only applies to half the year when I'm away from home)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:45 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

£850 a month would be tight.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:54 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live with the gfs mother, and pay her £200 a month covering everything.

Hence in a few months I'm buying something fast. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

c_dug
Super Spammer



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:07 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

About £800 a month bare minimum, but I can never do it Laughing

Pay varies month to month but on a good month I might take home a little over a grand and out of that comes:

£435 - Rent (inc all bills and internet)
£200 - Petrol
£45 - Insurance
£20 - Mobile contract
£?? - Credit card
£??X - Various bank fee's
£??? - Food


The last three change month to month so it's a bit hard to be accurate. It's fair to say I don't have much to spare though Laughing
____________________
I am a bellend, I am a man of constant sorrow, I am a gummy bear, I am a rock.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion



Joined: 23 Sep 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:36 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
I live with the gfs mother, and pay her £200 a month covering everything.


Shocked

Mark
____________________
Current bikes: Honda ST1100 Pan European. Moto Guzzi V85 TT Travel
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

NinjaLee
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:47 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Food - £200
Bike insurance - £56
Petrol - £50
Rent - £17.26 ( Laughing )

So about £323.

I actually don't need the bike as I live 400m from my office..
____________________
Current bike: 2006 zx636 C6F Smile
Previous bike: 2000 zx6r J1, 1990 cbr400rr nc29
Restriction ended: 17th november 2010
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ol wrote:
Stuff


Yup, me too. I had to work out my monthly costs the other day - it was well over £2.5k.

I haven't had a single piece of new clothing in over a year, and when I do they come from a charity shop. My work shoes have a hole in the sole, and we cook 95% of all our meals which saves ££. We don't have sky, in fact the TV is a free one I got from a mate.

I never have anything left at the end of the month.

I don't live like a pauper, life is comfortable but there is always concern for cash.

Slightly annoying since on paper I have a good job and salary - but then I remember people who have less and wonder how on earth they manage.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Hex
Party Boy



Joined: 04 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: How much... Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
I reckon I'm down to about £320ish, but I'm a right tight bastard.


I spend more than £400 a month in petrol alone. Laughing
____________________
The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

JonB
Afraid of Mileage



Joined: 03 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent: £780
Elec + Gas: £72
Water: £33
Council Tax: £145
Contents insurance: £10
Phone/BB: £25
Mobile Phone: £25
Food: £150

Total £1240, but paying for it with joint incomes, was still able to put back £900 a month into savings for the wedding which is next week, so got lots of moolah to play with from next month.
____________________
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it?s worth.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 10 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rent: £200
Mobile Phone Bill: £35
Fuel: £30 (will be nothing come January)
Bike Insurance: £20 (although will be cancelled as of January)
Loan: £200


Thats my outgoings all in all. The loan will be finished come april, and then I should have around £1100 a month to either save, or waste on a serious amount of alcohol haha.
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 305 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.77 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 128.51 Kb