Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


149mph haha but the fastest was 175

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

cloric_tzr
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:49 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: 149mph haha but the fastest was 175 Reply with quote

Oliver Marriot – 149mph – Kawasaki ZX600
PlayPause
SlowMediumFast16 of 23

Larger image
Image © PA


In December 2008 Oliver Marriot was caught at 149mph on the A38 near Plymouth. The traffic officer who caught him heard the roar of his engine and was so shocked at his speed he dropped his speed gun. He was sentenced to 23 weeks' jail, suspended for two years, had a two year driving ban imposed, 200 hours' community service and had to retake his test. Marriot had only passed his test to ride 125cc bikes two weeks earlier.

haha loves it the copper dropped his gun!!
____________________
i dumped my girlfriend the other day! she wouldnt act out one of my fantasy's. all i wanted her to do was come home from work, catch me fucking her sister and join in!!! miserable bitch!
My wifes so ugly, the only thing that goes down on her
Is the internet connection.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Relentless This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paulington
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:45 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least they're putting the REAL criminals in prison! Rolling Eyes.

23 weeks of taxpayers money wasted on someone who has harmed no-one.
____________________
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Current Vehicles: '89 Kawasaki KDX200, '99 Yamaha XV535, '00 Honda ST1100 Pan-European, '08 Suzuki GSX-R1000, '08 Mitsubishi Lancer GS4 2.0 TDCi, '15 BMW 1 Series 116d Sport Turbo.
CBT: 27/08/08. Theory: 04/09/09. Module 1: 16/09/09. Module 2: 01/10/09.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
londonbill This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:02 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This rider wasn't hurting anyone at all as he barrelled along at three figure speeds, until he killed a rider coming the other way

So you never go over 62mph, lest you kill someone on the other carriageway? Confused

Seems like it was a mixture of target fixation and lack of confidence in the brakes that was the big issue in your clips. Looks like the rider wasn't entirely comfortable with the way their bike handled and may well have done that a lower speed too.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cloric_tzr
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:56 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

how fast do you rekon a zx 600 would do flat out,
my mates zx600r used to exagerate a lot saying he was doing 180 but im thinking more 150 maybe 160 it had a micron exhaust and aftermarket air filter. sounded nice.
____________________
i dumped my girlfriend the other day! she wouldnt act out one of my fantasy's. all i wanted her to do was come home from work, catch me fucking her sister and join in!!! miserable bitch!
My wifes so ugly, the only thing that goes down on her
Is the internet connection.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:00 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

londonbill wrote:


This rider wasn't hurting anyone at all as he barrelled along at three figure speeds, until he killed a rider coming the other way
Pity the Police weren't around to get this piece of filth off the road before he killed someone.
Mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfl5SvUxYvY


Thats nasty. Its people like that that give the rest of the biking population a bad name.

I was on a charity bike run once and the lead police bike was hit by a bike coming the other way pretty much the same as the one in the clip there. Hooligan with a fast bike riding it beyond his capabilities.

Save it for the track if you want to ride like a maniac!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:01 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually around 160mph with proper body position etc I believe - depends on the model, obviously - zx600 could refer to an awful lot of bikes over a couple of decades at least.

pinkyfloyd wrote:

Thats nasty. Its people like that that give the rest of the biking population a bad name.

Also, people like you.
A lot of people don't like blokes with long hair for various reasons. The more they see blokes with long hair riding bikes, the more they associate a bad thing with riding bikes. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

cloric_tzr
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 14 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:06 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
Usually around 160mph with proper body position etc I believe - depends on the model, obviously - zx600 could refer to an awful lot of bikes over a couple of decades at least.



yh i gt that is the zx 6 the older model zx6r being the newer ninja? always been a little fuzzy on kawa ninja not the biggest fan find them a little generic IMO. im saving the pennys for gsxr 750 for next year.
____________________
i dumped my girlfriend the other day! she wouldnt act out one of my fantasy's. all i wanted her to do was come home from work, catch me fucking her sister and join in!!! miserable bitch!
My wifes so ugly, the only thing that goes down on her
Is the internet connection.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:10 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A38 is a duel carriageway with a divider. So good luck hitting a rider coming the other way.

Wasn't this the guy that was pretty much confirmed that he was actually doing ~90 and the speed gun misread
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:13 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZX600 is often used for all ZX6R models, it may have been used before that on the ZZR600 too, to be confusing.

And a quick google shows that yes it was - the video shown would shows a very congested view that it's highly likely a speed camera would mis-read. Further, unless the van was doing 120mph in a queue of traffic also doing that; the bike showed no signs of the extreme braking required from that speed.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:26 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

pinkyfloyd wrote:

Thats nasty. Its people like that that give the rest of the biking population a bad name.

Also, people like you.
A lot of people don't like blokes with long hair for various reasons. The more they see blokes with long hair riding bikes, the more they associate a bad thing with riding bikes. Wink


Agreed. The stereotypical long haired biker look does have the bad rep but I can honestly say I have never and will never ride like that. I'm too old for it and got others to consider. I know my bikes are capable of doing the guts of 150mph (either of them) but I also know that with me on them they will never see that kind of speed. I saw 120 on the GSXR once and that was only for a second on a long empty straight road and it scared the pants off me. I'll stick to a sedate 80 on the motorways and 70 on the country roads.

I'd rather be called a bad rider for the way I look than for the way I ride. I can live with that. Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:33 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
I know my bikes are capable of doing the guts of 150mph (either of them) but I also know that with me on them they will never see that kind of speed. I saw 120 on the GSXR once and that was only for a second on a long empty straight road and it scared the pants off me. I'll stick to a sedate 80 on the motorways and 70 on the country roads.

I thought like that once too Wink


Anyway, if a "bad reputation" is the thing to be avoided, does it really matter how it's gained?

If you've got loud cans on your Storm, I bet people see you negatively too for your actual riding.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:34 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
G wrote:

pinkyfloyd wrote:

Thats nasty. Its people like that that give the rest of the biking population a bad name.

Also, people like you.
A lot of people don't like blokes with long hair for various reasons. The more they see blokes with long hair riding bikes, the more they associate a bad thing with riding bikes. Wink


Agreed. [b]The stereotypical long haired biker look does have the bad rep but I can honestly say I have never and will never ride like that[/b]. I'm too old for it and got others to consider. I know my bikes are capable of doing the guts of 150mph (either of them) but I also know that with me on them they will never see that kind of speed. I saw 120 on the GSXR once and that was only for a second on a long empty straight road and it scared the pants off me. I'll stick to a sedate 80 on the motorways and 70 on the country roads.

I'd rather be called a bad rider for the way I look than for the way I ride. I can live with that. Thumbs Up


CRAP, sorry, but the stereo typical long haired biker is a hells angel according to the unwashed masses in their cars. All to do with rape, pillage and murder. Nothing to do with how they ride. Even the most stupid joe public sees a difference between a lad in leathers on a blade and one in a jacket and jeans on a harley. Two completely different conceptions of bikers. I have been - are - both.
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.


Last edited by Polarbear on 16:43 - 12 Dec 2010; edited 3 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:35 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I'd rather be called a bad rider for the way I look than for the way I ride. I can live with that. Thumbs Up

Polarbear wrote:

CRAP, sorry, but the stereo typical long haired biker is a hells angel according to the unwashed nasses in their cars. All to do with rape, pillage and murder. Nothing to do with how they ride.

Erm, I think that's exactly what he was saying?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Alexio
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:45 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A38 is one of the most boring roads ever to ride ever , I'm not surprised someone might get bored and attempt some of it full throttle.

I think a prison sentence as a deterrent for potentially killing someone else on the road isn't that bad as after all, there are a lot of people out there that ride at speeds well outside of their ability. Where the line should be drawn I've no idea though.
____________________
will never give up his CG. I look at my fuel gauge more as a progress bar than a fuel gauge.
G: With my GSXR I do often effectively use it as a scooter with a clutch in town.
ms51ves3: why does it need 500 miles? Are you teaching it how to be a piston?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:46 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

Polarbear wrote:

CRAP, sorry, but the stereo typical long haired biker is a hells angel according to the unwashed nasses in their cars. All to do with rape, pillage and murder. Nothing to do with how they ride.

Erm, I think that's exactly what he was saying?


This is getting a habit. Agreeing with G.... Laughing

But he's right. I have the typical bad biker look. I have the long hair. Facial hair and the tattoos and I'm even growing the biker belly and with that comes the stigma of being a hooligan on a bike. Much the same way that a bloke walking past in his pristine matching leathers has the reputation of being a fast bike weekend warrior. People do and always will judge on looks.

But the point I was trying to make is I'd rather be called a bad rider or "hells angel" by the way I look than ride like that bloke in the video above. I'd rather be called a bad rider by looks than by proof.

As for the harley look I have the leathers and sports touring bike that just confuses the shit out of people.

Pinky.... Best of both worlds!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:56 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
pinkyfloyd wrote:

I'd rather be called a bad rider for the way I look than for the way I ride. I can live with that. Thumbs Up

Polarbear wrote:

CRAP, sorry, but the stereo typical long haired biker is a hells angel according to the unwashed nasses in their cars. All to do with rape, pillage and murder. Nothing to do with how they ride.

Erm, I think that's exactly what he was saying?


Was it, sorry then as I miss interpreted it.
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

27cows
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:02 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I've done more than 149. I roar with laughter at the prospect of a supposedly professional copper being so shocked by a reasonably fast bike going quite fast that he lost control of himself and dropped the camera. If someone zapped past at 170, would he simultaneously pee and shat himself?
____________________
The RXS100: vehicle of choice for Chuck Norris
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:11 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect he wet himself as well. I mean the magistrates have to understand how defiled he felt when the wind from the passing bike wafted his curls Middle Finger
____________________
Victory Cross Country American tractor.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:52 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:

I'd rather be called a bad rider by looks than by proof.

As with the video above though, it's not really 'proof'. It's a case of someone that doesn't really know what they're talking about trying to prescribe judgement, in this case then getting supported by 'safety professionals' that have serious vested interests.
A bit like those that dismiss bikers as long haired smelly yobs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:56 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:

A bit like those that dismiss bikers as long haired smelly yobs.


Hey I resemble that remark! Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Welshd1k
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:44 - 12 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather not be associated with bikes than called a 'hells angel'

why the fuck would any one WANT to be reffered to as some tosspot , who rides a harley and wears a gay leather wait coat to show there 'hard' and be associated with several levels of organised crime? i know i dont want to ,


this topic comes back to these idiots that wear the waist coats etc in a pub ona pissup and they have all the patches and on the back there is nothing. answer me who the fuck wants to be associated with them? id rather be called a weekend warrior than a hells angel
____________________
Current >Cb600fx hornet, ns125rk90 21.7bhp@wheel<
Sold >,zxr400 h2 (33bhp kit) rd350 n1 rd350 lc2<
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
londonbill This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

truslack
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:30 - 13 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
G wrote:

A bit like those that dismiss bikers as long haired smelly yobs.


Hey I resemble that remark! Laughing

I cut my hair off, so now I'm a short haired smelly yob Laughing
____________________
Current: Suzuki RG 125 Gamma, Honda H100, Triumph Tiger 800XC, Suzuki SV650 (minitwin)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.97 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 138.86 Kb