Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


First 'stuff' you had a peek at on the net?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

killa
Won't Shut Up



Joined: 18 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:29 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: First 'stuff' you had a peek at on the net? Reply with quote

Thought this might be interesting, would help with pictures.

I’ll post pictures later because i’m at work at the moment and i can’t post some of it Wink

I remember being in school and using some form of search engine to find the following...

The Dodge Viper
https://www.cartype.com/images/page/Dodge_Viper_RT10_1.jpg

In my opinion when i was a lad and this was released, it was the top boy. To be honest the Viper still kicks ass, it’s just brutal.
I remember printing of sheets and sheets of the info on it in school and take it home for a read.

The A10 Warthog
https://www.williamstownfd.com/images/A10.jpg

My all time favourite piece of aviation really and similarly to the Viper i remember spending hours just browsing pictures and specs on it.

Spice girls nude
https://www.babylon-x.com/preview/celebs/geri_halliwell/main2.jpg
Specifically Geri. I remember everyone gossiping around the IT classes that this was somewhere on the net (bit like a real life forum).
I remember with my mate tracking it down and then printing them all off to take home...for a ‘read’ Thumbs Up Laughing Thumbs Up

Hacking

Just about anything to do about it really. For a long spell we all gossiped about things we’d found, programmes we used.
One particular program we found, called something like ‘blue ghost’ or blue something or other. You could log onto someone’s desktop at home if you obtained their IP (i think) and perform various commands on their computer, for example print from their printer or just simply close programmes and write on their desktop. I remember one time we got onto this girls desktop that everyone fancied in school, she was using her webcam and we had a full view of everything! Shocked
A number of us got pretty good actually, obviously as security was shite...until some months later one of the lads was arrested for purchasing 1000’s of £’s worth of hardware from information gained through hacking. It was time for us to stop.

So, post what were your first real findings on the net Question
____________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
Bike:- Yamaha TRX850 | Killas Biking History | Killas Gaming History | Killas autmotive history


Last edited by killa on 01:42 - 16 Dec 2010; edited 2 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ryhardcastle
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 20 Jun 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:35 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can remember using the net to go on the Encarta site for school research stuff when I was about 8 (I'm 22 now). That's the earliest memory I have I think.

I remember the first ever porn site I visited when I only had 56k too. It was 89.com which only had like 10 second clips on but took absolutely ages to stream Laughing

Thank god broadband was invented!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:38 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

radicalry00 wrote:
I remember the first ever porn site I visited when I only had 56k too. It was 89.com which only had like 10 second clips on but took absolutely ages to stream Laughing

Thank god broadband was invented!


I agree.

I remember years ago on thehun.com. (porn site for anyone who doesn't know) By the time the page fully downloaded (from head to toe) you had already blown your load. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:11 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember but do remember (dialing up i think) to buletin boards, or BBS things or summit (HAM Radio ones).. basically text based and you could download small files. Also when the Internet was first 'available' that too was text based? remember using that vaguely. Also remember using Navigator in windows 3.11 and then downloading a small MPG of The River Wild trailer which I couldn't get to play smoothly at all! (I tried for weeks) Laughing

Kevin Bacon is therefore my first memory of the tinternet... gasp.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:16 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first saw the web I was at school aged maybe 14... now I am 41... There was no pictures on the net, only text... window wasn't out yet.. Apple Macs had a GUI but that was 2000quid... A lot of money in them days

I was really into computers at the time I went to a computer club during my summer holidays... we didn't even have a computer in your school...
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

KevKwak wrote:
Can't remember but do remember (dialing up i think) to buletin boards, or BBS things or summit (HAM Radio ones).. basically text based and you could download small files. Also when the Internet was first 'available' that too was text based? remember using that vaguely. Also remember using Navigator in windows 3.11 and then downloading a small MPG of The River Wild trailer which I couldn't get to play smoothly at all! (I tried for weeks) Laughing

Kevin Bacon is therefore my first memory of the tinternet... gasp.


Sorry for the double post.. You old git.. Wink
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:19 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Downloading pron pics over dialup is a formative memory of my youth. It's astonishing what you can get today compared to then. Cool
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsbiker wrote:


Sorry for the double post.. You old git.. Wink


Aye but I'm only 29 Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:51 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/applications/networking/terminal/win31.png
Connecting to compuserve mostly initially; also some on-line game BBS's. You could use one of these new-fangled 'web browsers' while connected to compuserve; but the web wasn't amazingly cohesive or full in those days.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:56 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

First internet experience was when I was 11. Our school was part of an international exchange type thing where we were twinned with a school in Australia. It was a dial-in text based email/bulleting board using (as I remember) an Amstrad MD 1640HD PC with a monochrome monitor and one of those modems you put the phone handset on. They were super expensive and it was kept in the headmasters office. You could post messages to people in Australia which was awesome.

Later on at secondary school I remember looking up fractals, experimental aircraft in the NASA Dryden archive and illicitly surfing some dodgy blog/link post site called paranoia.com that kept being chucked off servers and reappearing elsewhere. As I remember, you had to do an infoseek search for "hornball" to find it in its latest incarnation.

webcrawler was the search engine of choice and the sort of stuff we discuss on this forum was done through yahoo groups.

I also remember playing 4 player Wolfenstein and Rise of the Triads on the university intranet which was disgustingly open and easy to abuse.
____________________
“Rule one: Always stick around for one more drink. That's when things happen. That's when you find out everything you want to know.”
I did the 2010 Round Britain Rally on my 350 Bullet. 89 landmarks, 3 months, 9,500 miles.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ajbsmirnoff
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:16 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connecting to Bids/Embace to do literature searching online in about 1993, first website was a movie database from the Uni of Nottingham, and the first pics were of Sharon Stone. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

First internet experience, probably searching for PS1 game cheats, and setting up a Hotmail account

First computer experience was probably at high school, programming in BASIC and CECIL.... and playing Elite, Asteroids or Chuckie Egg on the BBC Micro when teacher wasn't looking Twisted Evil

My first experiences at home was learning to type using my Commodore VIC20 (and later with the C64) Thumbs Up
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:17 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
First internet experience was when I was 11. Our school was part of an international exchange type thing where we were twinned with a school in Australia..


You have just jogged my memory.

When I first got the internet I found a postal pen pal from Australia and wrote to her for a few years. We used to chat on a thing called ICQ. Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The View Askew
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:32 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures of women and vehicles, music and games.
____________________
"Do what you always did, get what you always got"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul_Trader wrote:
Pictures of women and vehicles, music and games.


Also remember downloading songs from Napster and taking about a week to download 1 or 2 songs.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Redoko
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:37 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: First 'stuff' you had a peek at on the net? Reply with quote

killa wrote:


Spice girls nude
(pictures come later)
Specifically Geri. I remember everyone gossiping around the IT classes that this was somewhere on the net (bit like a real life forum).
I remember with my mate tracking it down and then printing them all off to take home...for a ‘read’



Pass the popcorn
____________________
"Let's face it, this is not the worst thing you've caught me doing."
Sudika Sportsman SK50QT > Gilera DNA50 > Honda CBR125 RW7 > Kawasaki Zephyr750 > Suzuki GSXR600 > Honda Hornet CB600F '51


Last edited by Redoko on 19:38 - 15 Dec 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Jenks
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

I also remember playing 4 player Wolfenstein and Rise of the Triads on the university intranet which was disgustingly open and easy to abuse.


bingo! rise of the triads! legendary!! - funnily enough, i have it next to me.. and on my iphone Very Happy
____________________
1978 MZ TS 250 1 Supa 5
1992 yamaha fzr1000 exup
1998 aprilia af1 sintesi
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Gazz
World Chat Champion



Joined: 19 May 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: First 'stuff' you had a peek at on the net? Reply with quote

Redoko wrote:
[quote="killa]Spice girls nude
(pictures come later)
Specifically Geri. I remember everyone gossiping around the IT classes that this was somewhere on the net (bit like a real life forum).
I remember with my mate tracking it down and then printing them all off to take home...for a ‘read’


Pass the popcorn[/quote]

Think I also remember this too.

Was it the full frontal nudity ones, where she has brown hair and also dark fanny hair in them ?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:48 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think my first experience of t'internet was round a friends house, he was like 'check this shit out'. He went onto fugly.com and loaded up a video of some Chinese chick vomiting into a bowl and then eating it again. I was like 'I gotta get hooked up to this shit!'. Went and bought a modem, talked my mom round by promising to pay the bill for usage, and the rest as they say, is history. My activity pretty much consisted of trying to get girls on yahoo chat rooms to show mentheir tits and Downloading porn off kazaa.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:52 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
https://www.guidebookgallery.org/pics/gui/applications/networking/terminal/win31.png
Connecting to compuserve mostly initially; also some on-line game BBS's. You could use one of these new-fangled 'web browsers' while connected to compuserve; but the web wasn't amazingly cohesive or full in those days.


https://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g164/Blurredman/BCKGRND.jpg?t=1292439137
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:56 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

steakandcheese.com

totse.com (used to think it was awesome Very Happy )

page3.com (seriously I was about 11, it wasn't hard to wank to just tits)
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

G
The Voice of Reason



Joined: 02 Feb 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:03 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blurredman wrote:
Picture


The fact google is shown rather dates it as 'new fangled' Wink.

Yahoo directories were actually useful in the mid 90s. Altavista was good for searching - can't remember what I used before Altavista.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carlosthejack...
World Chat Champion



Joined: 16 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:39 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

2400 dial up modems and bulletin boards.

The real internet started with Compuserve chat rooms and really crappy websites. It's come a long way...
____________________
Responsibility. It's a difficult reality for some. I'm running the 2014 Sheffield Half Marathon on behalf of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice. Please sponsor me, even if it's just a quid.
DonnyBrago: "I think you may be confusing rain and napalm..." Paulington: "It's not what you ride, it's how you ride it."
Current rides: '05 VFR800 VTEC, '57 Mondeo 1.8 TDCi #58LEGEND
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:04 - 15 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.stickdeath.com

first site i was addicted too! mint, took 30 mins on dial up to load flash vids lol.
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.16 Sec - Server Load: 0.56 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 136.44 Kb