Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


.....two types of people in this world....

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Vman
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:00 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

....ones that can use a cash machine in about 20 seconds flat;

....and complete geffers who can manage to pray at the front of the machine for about ten minutes!!! Speed it up! FFS!!!



Micro rant finished, until next time.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarkJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:20 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed Thumbs Up

The second type are usually the ones that have been in the queue for ages, but only decide to get their card ouf of their wallet (and the wallet is most likely at the bottom of their pocket/bag) once they're infront of the machine.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Darth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:27 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then just when you think they are finished they pull out a second card! Evil or Very Mad
____________________
Harold_Shand wrote: I suppose it's like anything, you get your fingers burned when you start out, you learn from it and eventually become a complete arsehole about the whole thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Vman
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:28 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will also apply to women in supermarkets (or anywhere else for that matter) to whom it would appear to come as a complete suprise when the cashier asks for a payment - only then do they start digging for their purse out of a Mary Poppins-esque of a bottom less bag!

Have your damn card/cash ready!!!!

Micro rant #2 finished....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

neatbik
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:29 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

So so true.
Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:52 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows there are 10 types of people.

Those who understand binary and those who don't.
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Marmalade
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:53 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry digression (sp), got to be the same people that put car into gear and then release handbrake once the car in front of them has already pulled away
____________________
Nobby the Bastard: How yo tell the difference between the actual japanese and her just screaming because she's had live fish stuck up her arse? [url=https://www.nicks-shop.co.uk/bcf-goodies-15-c.aspGet BCF stickers and things here[/url] Reflective helmet stickers - Legal requirement in france - Clicky
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:00 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth wrote:
Then just when you think they are finished they pull out a second card! Evil or Very Mad


Ahh yeah, I know that one. Induces

https://kissmyalas.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/RageFace.jpg

Some people treat the damn thing like it's an actual cashier and they are doing their tax returns for the year on them.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DXB
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 11 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:19 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently sat in Casablanca departures lounge, having battled through 3 gazillion Chinese tourists all bound for Dubai and of course the one pillock i was stood behind at check in had some how left his passport in his suitcase which was on the weigh scale,hence 3 hours (ok 10 mins) of frantic searching,but what really gave me the hump was the fact that you had to show your passport before you could get to the check in gate.

Now drinking beer lots of beer.
____________________
superchargers good
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:43 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

Vman wrote:
....ones that can use a cash machine in about 20 seconds flat;


I just moved house and was annoyed to see that the only 2 cashpoints in walking distance not only charge £1.96 a go, they take fvckin forever to get cash from, roughly 2 mins a time after waiting for it to process and and all that crap, when there's a queue you just want to commit suicide


Vman wrote:
Have your damn card/cash ready!!!!


Don't have no card ready,go to the cashpoint and get cash you lazy b4stards! there's nothing more annoying than being late already, and whilst waiting to pay for fuel the nobs in front are holding you up even more by using debit cards,to buy £10 fuel!however it is very amusing when someones card gets declined and they say "why's it doing that" acting clueless. "It's because you have no cash love, but then you already knew that you just thought you'd try it and somehow it would still pay for your goods for you"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:53 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darth wrote:
Then just when you think they are finished they pull out a second card! Evil or Very Mad


what I was about to say, then squint ducking to see the screen and pretending thats why they are taking so long its not just they are retards and cant work it.

Just thought I would also say the cash machine in my town has the same lay out as who wants to be a millionaire. Its weird. Though the same amount of money does not come from this one.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:05 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

Vman wrote:
....and complete geffers who can manage to pray at the front of the machine for about ten minutes!!! Speed it up! FFS!!!


I have far too much free time so I do it deliberately. I stand in front of the machine first just to build up a bit of a queue. I might try my tesco clubcard first, pushing it back in several times before 'realising' it the wrong one. I then turn around to the person behind me, smile and slap my forehead "Doh!". I then try my real card and enter the pin one number at a time holding down each key for about 10 seconds. I always make sure I get the last number wrong. I take out the card and clean it, put it back in and go through the same process, last number wrong again. Take out card clean it, stare at it, clean it, blow on it, clean it then try again. By now I can hear definite sounds of unrest from the rest of queue so I again turn around and smile. This time, just before entering the last number I stare off into space and then start counting on my fingers before entering the correct number. I then stare at the screen for about 20 seconds before choosing the wrong option. I can usually get away with this maybe 6-7 times before the back of my head starts to burn from the pure anger welling up behind me. Obviously this is when you turn around and smile again. For added effect add the comment "This machine seems a bit slow".

This could go on for hours if your really bored.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

D O G
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

dgo1212 wrote:
Don't have no card ready,go to the cashpoint and get cash you lazy b4stards! there's nothing more annoying than being late already, and whilst waiting to pay for fuel the nobs in front are holding you up even more by using debit cards,to buy £10 fuel!


What is wrong with you? Perfectly acceptable to use a debit card for 99% of transactions - I virtually never carry cash, what is the point??

Can't pay at the pump with cash either!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:45 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of late I've seen more elderly folk using the 'self service' checkouts at supermarkets, god damn them!!! They don't even know how to use it and end up having to get the bloody supervisor over to scan all their shit through.
____________________
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tonka
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:50 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vman wrote:
That will also apply to women in supermarkets (or anywhere else for that matter) to whom it would appear to come as a complete suprise when the cashier asks for a payment - only then do they start digging for their purse out of a Mary Poppins-esque of a bottom less bag!

Have your damn card/cash ready!!!!

Micro rant #2 finished....


That's the one that bugs me too, however at this time of year I find it's more likely to be men who don't actually do any shopping the rest of the year. They rock up to the conveyor with a trolley full of booze and then think they can leave it in the trolley for the cashier to scan (lazy f**kers). When it comes as a surprise they tut and huff a bit then lift it past their big bellies onto the conveyor. Most of it has to be de-tagged and then the boxed stuff has to be collected form the back, so requires a member of staff............sigh! At the end they have no bags, so then they have to decide which sort to have - free and risk bag breaking and losing booze or pay Confused Then they look surprised when asked to pay and if they have a store discount card. Evil or Very Mad

I hate supermarket shopping in the first place and can't get around the store and out quick enough, then I get held up at the checkout! (No, I can't food shop online as there is only me so the extra charge is not economical and my address is only just on the map!!)

All my Christmas shopping was done in November and food shopping was done Monday in the snow!! Thumbs Up
____________________
'The core of a man's spirit comes from new experiences'
Suzuki SV650S (Clean); Yamaha XT250 Serow (Dirty)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

.....
Quote Me Happy



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm reaching the point where I will punch some fat dole scum turd in the back of the head as he or she spends 20 minutes getting a tenner out of the cash machine to go to Primark and buy 20 pairs of crap.

I've already kicked someone in the back of the legs 'accidently' recently for walking too slowly and completely blocking the pavement because walking side by side with his two friends is more important than letting others use the pavement.

I think I need a holiday.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:54 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

D O G wrote:

What is wrong with you? Perfectly acceptable to use a debit card for 99% of transactions - I virtually never carry cash, what is the point??


Fair enough sometimes cards are acceptable, personally I only use mine on anything over £50, anything under I try to use cash as generally I take £50 out when in town shopping etc, when it's running low I simply take more out at the next cashpoint,that way not only do I know exactly what I'm spending so I don't get carried away,I'm not holding people up by using a card when I buy a £3 pack of fags or a 60p can of pop.
I'm just very impatient,I hate lazy people who can't be bothered to go and draw out a bit of cash, people that think because it's an esculator they can just stand side by side on them,sorry,I'm in a hurry,move over and let me walk up it so I can get on with my day, same with arseholes who use the lift when they are clearly more than capable of using the stairs,meaning people who need them ie people with prams,wheelchairs etc have to wait, we seem to live in a world where people are lazy bastards who's soul intention is to move as slowly as possible just to piss people off,anyhow strolling off topic here and having a rant on someone elses rant thread
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackwolf
Burgerfist



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:06 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

Marki wrote:
Vman wrote:
....and complete geffers who can manage to pray at the front of the machine for about ten minutes!!! Speed it up! FFS!!!


I have far too much free time so I do it deliberately. I stand in front of the machine first just to build up a bit of a queue. I might try my tesco clubcard first, pushing it back in several times before 'realising' it the wrong one. I then turn around to the person behind me, smile and slap my forehead "Doh!". I then try my real card and enter the pin one number at a time holding down each key for about 10 seconds. I always make sure I get the last number wrong. I take out the card and clean it, put it back in and go through the same process, last number wrong again. Take out card clean it, stare at it, clean it, blow on it, clean it then try again. By now I can hear definite sounds of unrest from the rest of queue so I again turn around and smile. This time, just before entering the last number I stare off into space and then start counting on my fingers before entering the correct number. I then stare at the screen for about 20 seconds before choosing the wrong option. I can usually get away with this maybe 6-7 times before the back of my head starts to burn from the pure anger welling up behind me. Obviously this is when you turn around and smile again. For added effect add the comment "This machine seems a bit slow".

This could go on for hours if your really bored.


That made me angry just reading that!
____________________
Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sharpee1984
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:09 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought there were 3 types of people in this world...dicks, pussies, and assholes??

Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want to do is to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn’t fuck the assholes, you know what you’d get? You’d get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!

I may have to dig out Team America tonight, remind myself how awesome it is!
____________________
PRESENT: HONDA CBR600F 2002
Past: Yamaha XJ600N 2001
Past: Hyosung GT125 2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sharpee1984
Borekit Bruiser



Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:10 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought there were 3 types of people in this world...dicks, pussies, and assholes??

Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want to do is to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn’t fuck the assholes, you know what you’d get? You’d get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!

I may have to dig out Team America tonight, remind myself how awesome it is!
____________________
PRESENT: HONDA CBR600F 2002
Past: Yamaha XJ600N 2001
Past: Hyosung GT125 2008
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chrisw
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 Apr 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:19 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

dgo1212 wrote:

I'm just very impatient,I hate lazy people who can't be bothered to go and draw out a bit of cash


Nothing lazy about it, makes it easy to budget in my experiance and with chip-n-pin is often quicker.

If you take out £10 cash then go and buy a few odds and ends you're left with a pocket full of shrapnel which will either go into a pot, spent on junk or lost. So instead of costing, say, £6.40, those odds-n-ends end up costing the full £10.
Pay by card and the exact amount exits your account and you don't end up with piles of coins.


Last edited by chrisw on 15:20 - 23 Dec 2010; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dgo1212
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 06 Dec 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:20 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Re: .....two types of people in this world.... Reply with quote

Blackwolf wrote:

That made me angry just reading that!


+1 but it is kinda funny, like the schoolkids that walk real slow across the crossing, trying not to look at you as they're sniggering all the way, sometimes I laugh and think "little bastrds", If I'm in a hurry I get angry and whack my horn,rev my engine,and shout at them,if that doesn't shift them I just drive forward,they soon move when they realise you're not in the mood
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ttr
Crazy Courier



Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:21 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Everyone knows there are 10 types of people.

Those who understand binary and those who don't.


shouldn't that be 01? 10 would be one type of person..
____________________
GS125-> NT400->VFR400->CRM250->Z750 + GS125->NTV650 rat + VMX1200->GSF600 + GPz550
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Wobbly Orange
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:22 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Everyone knows there are 10 types of people.

Those who understand binary and those who don't.


Perhaps. But binary is so so. I have been speaking hexadecimal since I was f.
____________________
People tell me I am lovely. How wrong they are!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?



Joined: 21 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:23 - 23 Dec 2010    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttr wrote:
chris-red wrote:
Everyone knows there are 10 types of people.

Those who understand binary and those who don't.


shouldn't that be 01? 10 would be one type of person..


No

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system#Counting_in_binary
____________________
Well, you know what they say. If you want to save the world, you have to push a few old ladies down the stairs.
Skudd:- Perhaps she just thinks you are a window licker and is being nice just in case she becomes another Jill Dando.
WANTED:- Fujinon (Fuji) M42 (Screw on) lenses, let me know if you have anything.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 290 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.15 Sec - Server Load: 0.64 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 137.79 Kb