|
|
| Author |
Message |
| TheBoyChris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheBoyChris Scooby Slapper

Joined: 29 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 10:53 - 04 Aug 2004 Post subject: How prone to overheating are Aprilia RS125's? |
 |
|
Just a quick Q, I've got my Aprilia back (w00t) but it still has one problem it seems. It overheats, as in I can see a smokey substance rising from beneath the fuel tank.
Now given that I've just got it back I did rag it a bit, silly me. However before I put it into the bike shop it did the same thing so I'm wondering if it's just a characteristic of the bike? It's ticking over at 3000 revs too, think I'll need to reduce that
Thanks
Chris ____________________ Last bike - 2004 CBR 125 - Gone but not forgotten
Scottish Piper on a Wednesday people, you know it makes sense. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 11:25 - 04 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
possibly you just have a leak from the exhaust and what you can see is just exhaust gas.
Or its possible its just oil on the engine somewhere burning off.
Does the temperature gauge say you are overheating, or are you loosing coolant? If not then its probably something like I have suggested above. ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| TheBoyChris |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 TheBoyChris Scooby Slapper

Joined: 29 Mar 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 11:57 - 04 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
I have lost green stuff in the past which turned out to be coolant, and the temp guage was ticking up from 70 degrees to 82 degrees while I was at standstill, that's what lead me to believe the idle rev's were wrong (at 3000)
I'm going to check it out later anyhow, might just be because it's fresh out of the garage, however I did see the temp hit 92 at one point. That was a clutch in gear down moment. ____________________ Last bike - 2004 CBR 125 - Gone but not forgotten
Scottish Piper on a Wednesday people, you know it makes sense. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Hex |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Hex Party Boy

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 12:02 - 04 Aug 2004 Post subject: |
 |
|
When the engine is running and your stood still the temperature will go up. Same as when your riding slowly round town etc. Simply because there isn't the airflow over the radiator etc. ____________________ The BCF's very own Party boy! Though he's getting old and feeling it!
Monkey hanger, Born and bred
My little photo portfolio |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| mr jamez |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 mr jamez World Chat Champion

Joined: 04 Aug 2003 Karma :   
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Kickstart |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 22 years, 62 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|