|
|
| Author |
Message |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 18:10 - 02 Jan 2011 Post subject: New (small) bike |
 |
|
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| steven843 |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 steven843 Renault 5 Driver

Joined: 09 Oct 2008 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 22:45 - 04 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
Nice bit of kit , how do you find it compared to a motocross bike in terms of of playing on a track, is it as up to it etc? Also what suspension mods work best with it? ____________________ Current Bike - 2004 Yamaha YZF-R6
Previous Bikes - 2002 Honda NSR125 R, 1989 Yamaha DT50 MX
CBT Passed - 5-5-2007 A2 Passed - 17-11-2008 |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| N cee thirty |
This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.
|
 N cee thirty Banned

Joined: 31 Jan 2010 Karma :     
|
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| MarJay |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 MarJay But it's British!

Joined: 15 Sep 2003 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 08:52 - 05 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
and YOU took the mick out of ME for selling the Gas Gas and buying an RD350...?  ____________________ British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another. |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Gazdaman |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Gazdaman I did a trackday!!!

Joined: 12 Aug 2004 Karma :    
|
 Posted: 10:21 - 05 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
| MarJay wrote: | and YOU took the mick out of ME for selling the Gas Gas and buying an RD350...?  |
I don't recall mickey taking, I remember slight disappointment that there would be no more off-road playing though!
I swapped this for my 1989 Kawasaki KX125 motocross bike, it was quite rough around the edges, was obviously 20 years old. I had stripped it down and done a decent restoration on it, but it was always going to be a 20 year old highly strung MX bike, and I don't have much passion for motocross.
If I didn't have my Husqvarna I probably wouldn't have done it, the Husky is just probably more capable in every way, and it's more suited to enduros which is what I want to get into really.
The KX I got two years ago, swapped it for a GS500 I had (shit-heap). I think the GS cost me about £600.
I suspect the KX would have held its value far better than this ever will, but I think their values at the time of the swap is about exactly right. And it's what I want at the moment, so I thought why not.
I have had a pitbike before, and I've always kicked myself for not using it, but at that point in my life I didn't have the place to store it, or the mode of transport to get it anywhere, now I have both so I hope I get into it a bit more.
But this little bike seems spot on from what I've looked at so far. Just in the process of trying to procure a second set of 10" whees, so I can fit supermoto tyres whilst still keeping my off road wheels for play-time.
Then maybe a third set of wheels for full race wets.
Gaz |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
| Paxovasa |
This post is not being displayed .
|
 Paxovasa World Chat Champion

Joined: 25 Apr 2010 Karma :   
|
 Posted: 18:51 - 05 Jan 2011 Post subject: |
 |
|
That looks like it would be alot of fun  ____________________ Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black). |
|
| Back to top |
|
You must be logged in to rate posts |
|
 |
Old Thread Alert!
The last post was made 15 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful? |
 |
|
|