 Visitor Q $25 whore

Joined: 30 Apr 2004 Karma :     
|
 Posted: 14:31 - 05 Aug 2004 Post subject: Shoddy electrics |
 |
|
Hi i think my coil fried itself, i was going down a country lane happily, then suddenly bike died, revs dropped like a stone to 0. Battery was stilll connected (lights and indi still work), it still tried to turn over when the ignition was used, but wouldnt catch. AA turned up and poked it, tried the ht on a differ spark plug hooked to the engine, no spark.
All sources of mechanical minds have said knackered coil, how exactly can i tell its destroyed, and whats the quickest way to procure a new one, since my bike is hard to get spares for.
It is a suzuki DR 350 engine, im nto sure if the electrics are the same. I heard about someone using a gsx 750 coil in ther gsx 400 cos it was about 6 times cheaper. Anything like that with mine (its a suzuki goose sg 350).
Thanks in advance
Richard ____________________ China traffic/travel bike vid - When I make a sweeping statement, please add the word 'statistically' in to the sentence before you bitch...
From September 2014 to January/February 2015 I will not be using any English, nor reading any. As such, I won't be on here. PM at will, but I won't be checking/posting unless in emergencies. Certainly not for the first couple of months. Please berate me savagely if I break that rule... |
|
 Git Brolly Dolly
Joined: 17 Dec 2003 Karma :  
|
|
 Kickstart The Oracle

Joined: 04 Feb 2002 Karma :     
|
|