Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Acceptable office conversation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

jay12329
Dr. Evil



Joined: 02 May 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:14 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Acceptable office conversation Reply with quote

What are acceptable conversations for in the office?
This morning sat at my desk I have been subjected to topics such as;
cystitis,
Body hair removal
And Christmas presents from boyfriends.

I'm in a medical job so I'm used to a certain level of openness but surely there are somethings you don't need to share?

I'm off to find something to do away from my desk!

J
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

scorps
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:24 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: , Reply with quote

only man there huh, well im the only woman so its usually

the tits on page three
the shagging potential of females passing the site
marking farts out of 10
who can burp the loudest
etc etc


man up and go with the flow Thumbs Up
____________________
Do not presume that I am male.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:26 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sex
Gay sex
More gay sex
Rape
Prison sex

Your lucky if the conversation moves on to anythign other than the above subjects. Very Happy
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:17 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luke wrote:
Sex
Gay sex
More gay sex
Rape
Prison sex

Your lucky if the conversation moves on to anythign other than the above subjects. Very Happy


sounds.... erm... interesting.

if you happen upon a cosmo magazine you will find it full of the subjects you mention OP, open an FHM or a Nuts then you will find the subject matter scorps talks of. join in or find another vocation unfortunatly buddy, oh or take a nuts magazine into work Thumbs Up
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:37 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing a PhD in the Gynaecology department, one of two males in a 20 member group, we talk of nothing but diseased fannies Sad .

Last edited by DrDonnyBrago on 14:45 - 10 Jan 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:44 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Re: , Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
only man there huh, well im the only woman so its usually

the tits on page three
the shagging potential of females passing the site
marking farts out of 10
who can burp the loudest
etc etc


man up and go with the flow Thumbs Up


Sounds familiar haha
We only have a small team of 6 staff (4 male, and 2 female), and the conversations are often VERY open Thumbs Up
We work in an emergency call centre, and I find that light-hearted fun, and the occasional shock in conversation topics helps to alleviate the pressure... Well it works for us Wink
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bendy
Mrs Sensible



Joined: 10 Jun 2002
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:54 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Re: Acceptable office conversation Reply with quote

jay12329 wrote:
I'm in a medical job so I'm used to a certain level of openness but surely there are somethings you don't need to share?


Presumably they've got used to you not being there Razz
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:57 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

your doing a PhD in the Gynacology? you devil! lol

your right though, its not fun and games. you don't go to a gynacologist if your fanny isn't dropping off/stinking or generally horrific.

bet you have seen some right car crashes?

sorry for being crude!
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny



Joined: 06 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:27 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people on my office make polite small talk "hi, how are you?" "good" "how was your weekend?" "yeah not bad"... and discuss inane bollocks like whatever shite is on the telescreen and whatever certain footballists are doing.

As a somewhat abrasive character I tend to keep out of it, answer the questions with "fine, how are you/how was yours". On the occasions I have attempted to make a joke about something my harsh sense of humor is not well received or they just don't "get" other things I say because they are just not of the same mind set.

As a result it's easier to have as little to do with them as possible. I wouldnt choose to socialise with them out of work and at the Christmas party I left at 8:30 to meet up with my mates.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:53 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ollieholt wrote:
your doing a PhD in the Gynacology? you devil! lol

your right though, its not fun and games. you don't go to a gynacologist if your fanny isn't dropping off/stinking or generally horrific.

bet you have seen some right car crashes?

sorry for being crude!



Haha, I'm not really a 'people person' so I only deal with chunks of fanny, not their owners. I still need to see the pictures and handle the biopsies though which as you so eloquently put it, are either stinking or dropping off Sick .

I actually have cells from a few biopsies growing in flasks, I am growing some vulva Thumbs Up .
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:02 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're having trouble pulling you should visit a brothel, or for a freebie option, essex.

Not try and grow your fucking own.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:15 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try sharing an office with a pregnant lady!

Actually she's okay...because of her cravings and laziness, I get the opportunity to nip into town to get her things she wants...which means a break from the PC...which is totally fine. Thumbs Up
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Vman
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:06 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work by myself a lot of the time, the conversations I have are truly stupid/pointless and often worrying!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Silver
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Oct 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:02 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my last place we had a girl join our (all male) team. I took it upon myself to apologise in advance for the depravity she was sure to overhear. She said it was fine; her husband was a Sergeant in the Army, she'd grown up with vulgar language and could handle anything. It was about two weeks in that she complained to the MD, after one guy had spent half the morning discussing feltching...
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:21 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vman wrote:
I work by myself a lot of the time, the conversations I have are truly stupid/pointless and often worrying!
Laughing Laughing

I was a tractor driver for a good many years, so my office was my cab Confused
I also used to keep the boredom at bay by having a conversation with myself Shocked Confused .
I knew it was time to get another job and stop chatting to myself, when I started looking forward to my own answers and arguing Confused .
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

mistergixer
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:23 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

DonnyBrago wrote:
I'm doing a PhD in the Gynaecology department,


I'd love to be a gynaecologist, i'd introduce myself as 'Mistergixer, ace gynaecologist, at your cervix'.

Laughing
____________________
Space Monkey #7
Don Eladio is dead. His capos are dead. You have no one left to fight for. Fill your pockets and leave in peace. Or fight me and die!
Mistergixer's videos on YouTube
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

The Original Muzza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work in a dental practice and am one of only 2 males in each day. Topics are obviously stuff i can't relate to.
I usually just get on with work but today i was subjected to the nurse who's been off getting her bojangles enlarged coming in to the reception to (literally) show some of them her new assets, and one of the nurses talking about her new nephew and how their MEDIUM (seriously) was wrong about the gender. Now i hate all that mumbo jumbo, so it's really hard not to constantly make sarcastic comments but i'm fairly certain the majority of them actually believe in it since i've overheard them speaking mince about what their psychic told them at the weekend. Women are stupid.
I don't even have anyone to shoot with skeptical glances whilst this is going on Sad
____________________
Current Bikes: Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 (2020)
Former Bikes: Honda MSX125 (2014), BMW Funduro (1996), Honda VT500 (1983), Yamaha FZR250 (1989), Suzuki GZ125 Marauder(2005),:Triumph TT600 (2002) (stolen)
From then on, I and the bicycle feelings deeper.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:39 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistergixer wrote:
I'd love to be a gynaecologist, i'd introduce myself as 'Mistergixer, ace gynaecologist, at your cervix'.


Clever...!!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:40 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working on my own today so the only conversation I have had has been with the voices in my head.
The have been telling me to walk to fowlers and buy a hayabusa.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

KevTM
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:20 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's 8 guys in my place and 1 woman. Split up into our sections so don't see her much. Conversations for us technicians can vary a lot, anything goes.

I've often been in the offices though and I usually have weird banter with one of the guys, we keep it "clean" but just weird, it's funny though because she's listening in but is confused to hell, such an innocent wee thing..
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

thegubner
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Mar 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i used to work on the scrap workmates could expect conversation topics such as "roll up a fag fella" "that fucking stinks you dirty bastard" or "i Fucked your wife hur hur"

And little else, not a bird friendly atmosphere generally speaking.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

ollieholt wrote:
you don't go to a gynacologist if your fanny isn't dropping off/stinking or generally horrific.

Actually, a lot of women go once a year for a check-up. I get my teeth and eyes checked once a year, so why not my plumbing?

And you can have a perfect fanny but still need to go to the gyno because of internal problems.
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:53 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clanger wrote:
Try sharing an office with a pregnant lady!

Actually she's okay...because of her cravings and laziness, I get the opportunity to nip into town to get her things she wants...which means a break from the PC...which is totally fine. Thumbs Up


One of my coworkers regailed us over lunch with tales of the births of her three children. The last thing I want to hear about when im eating my cheese sarnie is how you push so hard you shit yourself Sick Then always follows the dreaded "You'll find out soon!" Not bloody likely!
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Luke_Retrofly
Silly Lesbian



Joined: 05 Jul 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:34 - 10 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of our most enthusiastic conversations was "whats the least ammount of men required to may a full circle gay conga"

In went into great detail, like maximum angle of deflection, length, weight, included diagrams and everything Smile
____________________
Flounced - Long overdue
Fuck you bitch I'm in the top 10 list I can do the what the fuck I want!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 272 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 0.45 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 132.93 Kb