Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


BBC iPlayer.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Hetzer
Super Spammer



Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:27 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: BBC iPlayer. Reply with quote

Horizon: What is Reality. Missed it on the TV (caught the last five minutes), watched it on iPlayer. It's a good one, worth watching if you're into this kind of shizzle.
____________________
"There's the horizon! Ride hard, ride fast and cut down all who stand in your way!"
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Syris the Indomitable
Crazy Courier



Joined: 22 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah watched it my self tonight, part 2 of 8.
I thought the hologram idea was good as an alternative explanation to what we think black holes are.

I think the material is a passing show my self, the perfect true test of which can't be cognitise but rather realised.
It was interesting though, even though I needed to pull my head out of my arse after trying to understand it.

It was about what is 1 degree last Monday.

Will be checking out next weeks too.
____________________
In Greek mythology Ichor is what immortals have in the place of blood
Those that mind, don't matter...Those that matter, don't mind. Do you agree with this?


Last edited by Syris the Indomitable on 01:18 - 18 Jan 2011; edited 5 times in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

SoND
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:46 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thinker wrote:
Not reading this


I'm just jumping in to tell you to piss off. Smile
____________________
Go back to bed - You have no rights - "Streetfighters ~ Mainstream motorcycling's crackwhore sister."
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Charlie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:52 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just finished watching it and found it very interesting, really really worth a watch. Link for the lazy people: Clicky
____________________
Past: Honda x8rs, Honda City fly, Honda Hornet 250, Honda VFR750, Yamaha xt600e.
Current: Honda CBR929RR & Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Syris the Indomitable This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Boring). Unhide this post / all posts.

SpicyBlimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Oct 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:06 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thinker wrote:
It was about what is 1 degree last Monday.


Was a good one that, pretty interesting Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

GhostRider
World Chat Champion



Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:07 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the first 15-20 mins as flicked on to it by mistake, but as soon as I clicked onto the gist of it I thought of Hetz Smile very good though, surprised they didn't have michio kaku on though as he is pretty much the leading proponent of string theory and the "many worlds" scenario.

Trouble with iplayer is that on tv you can only go back a week, which means if you missed last weeks your screwed which is real annoying. In fact I find the whole catch-up tv thing really annoying as the good stuff is never on there, but rest assured you can always catch those back episodes of "snob marry avoid" and "cash in the attic". Got to keep the nation retarded somehow I suppose.

...please, can everyone who wants to wank each other off trolling do it in some other thread, if it ain't people baiting covdude then it's the thinker, and it overtakes the entire thread, which is annoying when it's the rare occurrence of something half interesting and requiring an ounce of brainpower, so yeah, fuck off and create your own thread and tell each other how much you want to trombone each other there, cheers.

GhostRider
____________________
I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

FretGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it last night, luckily I remembered to put it on the sky+ as I was at work when it was on.

Very interesting documentary. The trouble is when I watch Horizon, I'm instantly hooked especially when they put things into perspective.

I've always been into this kinda stuff though, even when I was a kid. I'm really looking forward to what science and technology can achieve in the next 10-20 years.
____________________
Yamaha MT-09

ಠ_ಠ
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ollieholt
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:11 - 18 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Wub horizon, there always pretty good. the 'what is one degree' one is good, supercooled liquid Bounce! eeep
____________________
Laughing < This? Well this is just a day brightner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.07 Sec - Server Load: 1.19 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 63.04 Kb