Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


How many lessons????

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

caveo
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:30 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: How many lessons???? Reply with quote

Ok so i'v been riding on my CBR125 now for 10 months ( few weeks off for the snow etc ) and have booked my theory for Monday , being a maturer rider ( ok 30 anyway ) and having driven a car for 12 years etc how many lessons ( in hours ) do you guys estimate im gonna need before going in for the test????

PS 1st guy to answer how longs a piece of string will receve a napalm headbutt Laughing
____________________
Street Triple with an highly illigal can !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:41 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on your ability. Best thing I can recomend is get yourself down to the local Bike School and let them do an assesment. They will be able to tell you how many lessons they would recomend.

Dont worry about them trying to make money out of you. The majority of decent schools arent like that. They want you to pass.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA



Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:56 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're doing A2 on your own bike, none. Book it all yourself via the DSA site, watch the DSA videos on YouTube, and just get it done.

If you're going to do DAS, it does entirely depend on how you take to the bigger bike. Really all you should need is a couple of hours to practice slow speed on it, plus whatever time your instructor convinces you that you need to break all those bad habits he'll tell you that you have (watch out for the Jedi Mind Trick).
____________________
Biking is 1/20th as dangerous as horse riding.
GONE: HN125-8, LF-250B, GPz 305, GPZ 500S, Burgman 400 // RIDING: F650GS (800 twin), Royal Enfield Bullet Electra 500 AVL, Ninja 250R because racebike
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:13 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went down the 1 lesson a week route and in total I had 7, 2 hour lessons, then took my test.

But it does depend on the rider and the instructor.
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick__C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:42 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably one day would do you, if any at all.. maybe half day before mod1 and another half before mod2?
I've spent two years on a twist and go & on my cbt/assesment on a geared bike the instructor suggested a day before each for me.
Sounds like you have plenty more geared experience Thumbs Up
____________________
'02 GS 500.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jodie
Crazy Courier



Joined: 16 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:44 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

All depends on which test you are going for.

I did mine on my 125 last year, rode for almost a year too, so basically felt ready.

I went to the riding school where I did my cbt the previous year and had a chat to them where we both decided to have 1 days training before each test which worked a treat, they were great, gave me plenty of confidence etc. Think it cost around £280 all together.

Good luck Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Paxovasa
World Chat Champion



Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:49 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should state that I took my DAS test.
____________________
Suzuki GSF600 K3 (in the fastest colour, black).
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

tk338
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:05 - 21 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
If you're doing A2 on your own bike, none. Book it all yourself via the DSA site, watch the DSA videos on YouTube, and just get it done.


+1 I did 6 months/3500 miles on a ybr 125, took my A2 test, both mod 1 and 2, and I passed them second time I took them. No previous road experience, I think as long as you're a safe rider its not difficult Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

caveo
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 13 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:21 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theory passed 1st time , not alot stopping me now Very Happy
____________________
Street Triple with an highly illigal can !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nick__C
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Oct 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:49 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats Thumbs Up
now to book mod 1 Wink
i've got a days training and mod 1 booked for the 20th/21st feb Mr. Green
____________________
'02 GS 500.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:23 - 25 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caveo

From personal experience, I had no bike time at all, just twenty odd years car driving.

If you have been driving for a dozen years and riding for bet part of a year, there is nothing that I have come across that should cause you any difficulties.

I have had three full days instruction and have my mod 2 on Friday. Last time out I did three mock test routes. Would have defo failed one (stranded on pedestrian crossing when lights changed (d'oh)) would defo have passed one and almost certainly passed other (in instructor's opinion).

So in effect, he says I am ready after three days. Doesn't mean I will pass, just that if I ride to my ability I should be ok.

Now, I had no bad habits to get out of, because I hadn't ridden until under instruction, but on the flip side you will not have to think about changing gears and cancelling indicators!

Best of luck
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pits
World Chat Champion



Joined: 22 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:51 - 26 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long is a line made of twisted fibers or threads?
Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dilyan
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:27 - 26 Jan 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 3 days of training for my Mod1, one day on Mod2 ... passed Mod1 second time due to kicking the cone on the swerve test (otherwise perfect). So really depends on you, don't think anyone can say: 20 hours and you'll pass.
Have a few lessons, and your instructor might be honest enough to tell you whether you are ready or not.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 248 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.23 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 81.4 Kb