Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


I has a new toy

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:24 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: I has a new toy Reply with quote

Kawasaki ER 6F

Mmmmmmmm

But haven't time to ride her today.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Aug 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question as I'm looking at these; is there much vibration through the pegs and grips? I've heard they've improved the engine mountings on the newer ER6 models but I'd like a proper opinion.
____________________
Greetings from Shitsville!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.venue.nu/images/photoalbum/album_5/This-thread-is-useless-without-pictures.gif
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:22 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had time to ride it (at a dinner and getting very disapproving looks) so unlikely I will have photographed it.

Tomorrow, I promise.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

...
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 12 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:03 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: Re: I has a new toy Reply with quote

AJ9000 wrote:
Kawasaki ER 6F

Mmmmmmmm

But haven't time to ride her today.


I am very interested in getting one (in green!) ASAP. What're your immediate thoughts about it?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

nokiakeys
Token



Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:20 - 09 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Icon wrote:
Serious question as I'm looking at these; is there much vibration through the pegs and grips? I've heard they've improved the engine mountings on the newer ER6 models but I'd like a proper opinion.

I took my DAS on a ER6n and that did vibrate like a bitch at 35mph +
You couldn't even see the mirrors right.

If i remember right, it was a 08 plate. Other than that though it was a nice bike
____________________
CBT: 04/2010 -> Theory: 09/2010 -> MOD1 & 2: 10/2010 (That's right baby, both on same day)
Honda CBF125 -> Honda CB600FS Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:56 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissing down here, so pics in garage which are not very good.

Have to go out later regardless of weather to pick up daughter's birthday present so will report on vibrations etc later.


Last edited by AJ9000 on 14:08 - 10 Feb 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:59 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

AJ9000 wrote:
Pissing down here, so pics in garage which are not very good.


Pics in the garage are no use to us unless you want to invite us round to view them in there! Pics should be on the forum!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:09 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a nice garage, and you are all welcome. Apart from the horses in the other thread.

One photo was from the advert, the ones I uploaded are where, exactly???

Help - technospanner.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:15 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you done there. Very quietly slipped them in.

Bike looks tidy enough. I done a day on the ER6N and found it great fun. That was until I pulled out of the test center with the examiner behind me and I lost all confidence in the newer bike.

But riding the thing back after failing my test I loved it. Was tempted to get one myself but ended up with the Honda.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:21 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean I bought a failers bike?

Noooooooo.....
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:28 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the unfaired one was the failers bike!

Cutting long story short: Done training for mod 1 on an ER5. Passed mod 1 on the ER5 and was told I should have a go on the EN6 because its good fun. More powerfull etc.

Had a play with the EN6 and loved the extra power. Thought it was amazing how a few years and 150cc extra changes the power of the engine. Got to the test centre and nerves coupled with lack of experience on the bigger bike = pinky being jumpy and jittery and failing.

Lovely bike and lovely looking one. Theres one up for sale in the area here, Silver one with a red frame. Looks fantastic and I was tempted.

Enjoy the bike bro and dont let my experience put you off. Mine was a case of pinkys eyes were bigger than his bollocks lol
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:32 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, just got back from a reasonably genteel ride around Oxford.

Manatee - my immediate thoughts are that I love it!

I did DAS on a CB500 but this has a lot more oomph (technical term). Feels very stable and the power delivery is constant as far as I got it. It redlines at 11k and I probably got to 8 in a couple of the gears without noticing an unhelpful power band.

Very comfy (I'm 6ft 1") and I like the upright style.

Nexus - no noticeable peg vibration (and I did try and feel for it) nor from the grips.

Overall, so far so good, even over wet cobbles!

Pinky - bad luck on that one, I was going to say that I prefer the faired version, but no bike school would buy one, would they?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

New update - insurance was only £22 more than for the CBF125, one benefit of getting old!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:41 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you like the bike. Enjoy it buddy and roll on the nicer weather Thumbs Up
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:47 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that.

At least it isn't actually hosing down today. Unfortunately I have to do some work, but I can hear her in the garage calling to me..........
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

AJ9000
Nova Slayer



Joined: 24 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:25 - 12 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about to go out on my first proper ride with a mate.

Bacon sarnie and tea at the other end.

I feel like a proper biker!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:39 - 12 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep it shiny side up and enjoy!
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 239 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.08 Sec - Server Load: 0.4 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 104.64 Kb