Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Help with 2.1 speakers?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:22 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Help with 2.1 speakers? Reply with quote

I'm after some speakers for my pc which I use for films, games and music, and the cheapy £20 logitechs just aren't doing it for me any more.

I don't want to spend more than £100 really. Just some recommendations as every review I see contradicts each other, and the local setup in pc world is useless. I don't like overly bass-y sound, would prefer quality over loudness, but it needs to be loud enough for a medium sized room! Any advice or reccendatipns would be great!
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

KDub
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 04 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:34 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything from Creative should do the trick, I've got a 7.1 system by them which is obviously nothing like you're after, but it's well made and sounds good.

The Inspire S2, the only 2.1 system they seem to have on the site, is a penny under £100. https://uk.store.creative.com/products/product.aspx?catid=4&pid=19009
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

clancy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have wharfedale surround sound. its £175 per pair of speakers, but the lower pairs are about £100 a pair whihc are really good. diamond 9.0 i think the lower models are called, look on richersounds.com or something like that, based in southampton
____________________
KLX 300r
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:51 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW

I just use an old bookshelf stereo with phono leads.

https://www.audioreview.com/mfr/aiwa/mini-systems/xr-m200-mini-component-system-80-watts/PRD_125932_2749crx.aspx

You could probably pick up similar new for <£100. No idea how it'd compare to a 2.1 PC speaker set though.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:46 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought some Altec Lansing expressionist plus speakers from PC world. They are £63 on amazon right now, PC world are selling them for £39.99 and are fantastic for the price. I've got them set up in my workplace right now which is a large and quite empty warehouse and they sound amazing. Most speakers I've heard in here don't sound nearly as good, and for £40 I'm chuffed!
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.06 Sec - Server Load: 0.63 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 44.04 Kb