Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Be the first of your friends to like this

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Mr.Everready
World Chat Champion



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:23 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Be the first of your friends to like this Reply with quote

On every single thread ? Really ?
Confused
____________________
the undemocratically unelected mod of the Scottish section
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

wizzzard
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Mar 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:26 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing like having it rammed down your throat is there.
What the fuck is happening to this site?
____________________
And did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?
Zeitgeist / Addendum / Moving forward
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:33 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to your adblock plus preferences and click 'add filter', then put the following in the box:
www.facebook.com##.connect_widget_vertical_center

The forum will be returned to normal!

I'm assuming this isn't frowned upon, as the only people likely to block it are the people never likely to click it.
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:38 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, didn't think to use Adblock.

If I'd wanted people here to connect with me on Facebook, I would have added it in my sig or bio.

Ah well, Korn's house, Korn's rules.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:48 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed that.. I also noticed that sometimes it says there are 206 fans and other times it says there is 288..
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:26 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
Go to your adblock plus preferences and click 'add filter', then put the following in the box:
www.facebook.com##.connect_widget_vertical_center


I can't find my Adblock - let alone the rest... (I'm not that clever with the whole Firefox thing...) Sad
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:03 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB is making BCF worse. Thumbs Down

I added that link to my filter but it's still showing. Sad
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

carvell
Scuttler



Joined: 05 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filter still works for me fine.

Check that it's ticked in the list perhaps.
____________________
Yamaha TDM 850
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

CaNsA
Super Spammer



Joined: 02 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:29 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

carvell wrote:
Go to your adblock plus preferences and click 'add filter', then put the following in the box:
www.facebook.com##.connect_widget_vertical_center

The forum will be returned to normal!

I'm assuming this isn't frowned upon, as the only people likely to block it are the people never likely to click it.


Freakin Sweet Very Happy
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:32 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip wrote:
FB is making BCF worse. Thumbs Down

I added that link to my filter but it's still showing. Sad


Rather than manually adding the link, just right click on the offending section and add frame to Adblock.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:49 - 10 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. I did that and it made the ABP sign go grey. You broke it. Laughing

OK fixed it now. Thumbs Up

BCF "unliked". ABP enabled. Shame really but hey ho.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:19 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a right click thingy and found out I had visited BCF 13,440 times (since I added firefox I guess) Shocked Gosh!
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:26 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing @lol@ @ the karma hit I took for blocking the adverts & unliking facebook. (Unless Korn just saw his arse with me) I'll be banned soon.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:30 - 11 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ When BCF doesn't work for me properly (which is very often as late), it all comes up in lists and in Times New Roman text - it does say in the Adbox at the top something about karma if you block the ads...a warning perhaps...!

Oh well, maybe if you porn yourself some more to Korn's FB page you'll get your blobs back!!! Laughing
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TQ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:12 - 12 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair BCF ads are some of the least offensive I've seen and quite often are amusing (context sensitive ads at the bottom of threads can get quite funny when you consider what a lot of people post about on here).

I blocked them then saw the 'plea' about unblocking them and to be honest it must cost a fair whack to run a forum with this much traffic and I don't mind clicking the odd ad to support the site.
____________________
First Bike :Gilera DNA 50 | Second: Imported 1989 NSR125
Third: 1998 Yamaha XJ600N | Currently: 1999 Yamaha FZS600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:44 - 12 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to block the ads to get rid of the facebook thing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 04:00 - 13 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it is saying there is 355 likes... It does change all the time..
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Shaggy D.A.
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Sep 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:52 - 13 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsbiker wrote:
now it is saying there is 355 likes... It does change all the time..


Not surprised, the bods at facebook are a lying bunch of cunts when it comes to facts and figures. I get the spam telling me to use friend finder as "person x y and z all found more friends on it". Person x is my wife and I know she didn't use it, person y is a spam account I set up so I didn't use it, and person z is a known technophone who has only logged in once and wouldn't know how to use it in the first place.

If it wasn't for one friend who uses it for IM, I'd quit it.
____________________
Chances are quite high you are not in my Monkeysphere, and I don't care about you. Don't take it personally.
Currently : Royal Enfield 350 Meteor
Previously : CB100N > CB250RS > XJ900F > GT550 > GPZ750R/1000RX > AJS M16 > R100RT > Bullet 500 > CB500 > LS650P > Bullet Electra X & YBR125 > Bullet 350 "Superstar" & YBR125 Custom > Royal Enfield Classic 500 Despatch Limited Edition (28 of 200) & CB Two-Fifty Nighthawk > ER5
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:05 - 13 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shaggy D.A. wrote:


If it wasn't for one friend who uses it for IM, I'd quit it.


+1
I do like the IM..
I think it has gone down to 271... maybe it has something to do with my f#$ked computer
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ncrn
World Chat Champion



Joined: 24 May 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:29 - 13 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed it, but then again its a small line somewhere up the page its not that annoying. It could be far worse, there could be adverts in between each and every post..

The ads on this are great because you don't notice them at all. I click on one every few days, just because it sends a little bit of money to the owner. I feel its like I'm donating to the website without giving up my pennies Very Happy
____________________
Past: 55 Sym Jet, 91 ZZR250, 03 NSR125R. Present: 97 ER-5.
https://www.nsr125.co.uk - NSR Owners forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Flip
Super Spammer



Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:00 - 14 Feb 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enabled the ads again. I like the ads. Laughing I'll not see the "like" thing after a while I suppose.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 236 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.35 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 108.55 Kb