Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Got a name for your bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:25 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Got a name for your bike? Reply with quote

I know all bikes have a 'personality' as such, and because of that we often give them names. Just wondering what names people have given their bikes?

My last bike was named Morris. I know, I know..I'm a guy riding a moped called Morris, but it was a name put in the hat by a guy I worked with and I managed to pull that one out. Embarassed

I pick up my CB100N on wednesday (all being well) and I hopefully will have named it by the time I get home (got a 43mile journey back home).. Picked a few names I like, but will be narrowing it down to 1 depending on how I feel by the time I get home..
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Blackrandomap...
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 26 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:27 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My misses named mine "Little Bikey" Sad i know!
____________________
1x 2001 Yamaha R6 1x 2000 Yamaha R6 !For Sale! £2500 1x 2003 Cbr600rr Racebike 1x 2004 Wr450 Sumo 1x 2001 Ktm520 Sumo
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bootsbiker
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:29 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes baby, sometimes bitch.. It depends on things like rain,traffic my mood and other things...

Doris sounds about right..
____________________
https://justfuckinggoogleit.com/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:30 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent got a name for my bike. I just call it the beastie.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer



Joined: 17 Jan 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from my Kawasaki.... I seem to call all my bikes "Startyoubastard" Smile
____________________
I am the sum total of my own existence, what went before makes me who I am now!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

garth
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:38 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm a bloke.
____________________
You ain't a has been if you never was
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:44 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just say "No".
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

tvchimp
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Sep 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:47 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm... I may be an odd one then for naming my bikes... I thought most people would have, most of the people I know have got a name for their cars... Laughing
____________________
Bike: Currently Bikeless... Gahh
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

The Artist
Super Spammer



Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old GS was known as Suzie, epicly unoriginal for a Suzuki but meh.

Current one hasn't got a name.

My old ped was jog and had a girlfriend called Hilda. A mates cbr125.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer



Joined: 12 Jul 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is just called "the bike" or "the GPZ".
My car is called Colin.
But Anita called him that, not me.

I hate having a named car.
I never had one before.
I worry that I might cry when Colin "dies".

Usually I just go "ah, feck, I trashed the car", and get another one.
I am not looking forward to saying to Anita 'We are going to have to put Colin to sleep'..."
____________________
Not nearly as interesting in real life.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Poseidon
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:55 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bike is called purdey. The reason for that choice:

Purdey drove a triumph, my bike is a triumph.

My bike drinks likes patsy (the other character joanna lumley is famous for)

Triumph triple through twin after-market cans... She purrs!!!
____________________
1977 Honda CG125
2002 Ducati Monster S4 (currently restoring)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

27cows
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:01 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RXS is the Old Fossil. PX125 Vespa is The Snail. GPz750 - did call it the Gypo, but even in my own head that sounded too un-PC so I re-christened it the Gyp (pronounced jeep - but said with a strong Spanish accent, just to retain a bit of minor racism Laughing ).

Bandit is Gaylord. Husky and Cagiva don't have names - I don't know why really. Aside from the fact that giving bike names is a big dickish Laughing

Previous bikes that had names were Gladys (H1), Cordelia (MZ251), Fester (FS1E), Jingle (GT500 - because it rattled like small change when cold) and Six Pack (CBX1000 - very unoriginal).

Loads I can't remember any more. I'm like some slack whore - I forget the names shortly after they move on to the next rider.
____________________
The RXS100: vehicle of choice for Chuck Norris


Last edited by 27cows on 21:03 - 14 Mar 2011; edited 1 time in total
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

The Tot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 11 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:02 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to call my ZXR250 clarissa cos she screamed when you rode her hard! (15-18k rpm when you're trying to keep up with 600's... making up everything on dodgy overtakes and in the bends).

The Blade - well, I didn't have a name, until now... I have named him... Wesley! (think about it!)
____________________
The Tot 2019 Z1000SX - 2007 R1
Never argue with autism
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Fisty
Super Spammer



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:03 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mines called custard because it is yellow and handles like a non-newtonian liquid.
____________________
Quietly and consistently taking the piss.
TL1000R | Hayabusa | ZXR400 | TL1000S | Bandit 400 V
Fatter and faster than Fret
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

waffles
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:05 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Triumph is called Tallulah which apparently means "leaping water", how apt for a bike! The xr doesn't have a name but usually gets called a variety of interesting things along the lines of whydontyoustartyouf**ker.
____________________
Theory test - 19/8/09, CBT - 11/10/09, MOD 1 - 16/8/10, MOD 2 - 27/10/10
Past rides Yamaha XT125X, Triumph TT600, Honda XR250
Current rides Suzuki GSXR 600, Honda MSX125
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

blurredman
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Sep 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:07 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't have a name appart from 'the CG'.
____________________
CBT: 12/06/10, Theory: 22/09/10, Module 1: 09/11/10, Module 2: 19/01/11
Past: 1991 Honda CG125BR-J, 1992 (1980) Honda XL125S, 1996 Kawasaki GPZ500S, 1979 MZ TS150.
Current: 1973 MZ ES250/2 - 18k, 1979 Suzuki TS185ER - 10k, 1981 Honda CX500B - 91k, 1987 MZ ETZ250 - 40k, 1989 MZ ETZ251 - 52k.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stigg
Nova Slayer



Joined: 14 Oct 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:48 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mine has no name, and all of you who have named your bike should get out more and meet people!!!
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

621andy
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 07 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:13 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new AT is called Alfie...

Most of my cars have had names...
My new Kangoo is called Karl-Heinz(ask a German!)
Mitsu Space Gear; Stanley
BMW 318i; Boris
Vitara; Vitaly
etc etc for the other 15 or so:lol:

oh, and a Golf called Gloria....I Will Survive! Wink
____________________
'93 Africa Twin RD07, C-90,MTX-125,H-100,XL-125, a 125UAG(CG copy!)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellbound
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:15 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started the same thread in banter about 3 weeks ago and got loads of replies.....WIN

oh...and for the record

mine is called Molly
____________________
May you always see the road rising up to meet you and your enemies defeated in the mirror behind.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
N cee thirty This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:35 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

"fukc fukc fukc fukc ... bag o' shite!!" on a bad day

Just "the bike" at all other times
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MattJ
World Chat Champion



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:45 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

My CG seems to get called "Hurryupforfucksake".
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

stonesie
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:47 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

No name for the suzuki yet but i keep being told it should be called suzy Rolling Eyes

I used to call my Suzuki SJ410 off-roader that and it kept breaking down (and a week after i sold it somone offered me a 1.6 vitara engine for £50, that would have made it almost unstoppable)
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

virus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 17 Aug 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:59 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im in a good mood with it then its 'the bike' or 'the rat', if its pissing me off then its known as 'the pile o scrap' and a few mates have started calling it vulture cause it feeds off dead vehicles to stay alive. Laughing

Cheers
John
____________________
own: 81 xs1100g...
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:02 - 14 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellbound wrote:
I started the same thread in banter about 3 weeks ago and got loads of replies.....


Still doesn't make you original, this topic has been done in the past too....!!! Evil or Very Mad

My bike now called SOLD was called the Evil Raspberry. No bike before that had a name. My previous car was Noddy Car and my current car is Grey Car. Cool
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 207 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 0.43 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 127.4 Kb