Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

dogbot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:42 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHDX9qb2-BQ

Shane looks like he's been fair celebrating already. Very Happy

Anyone else cracking open a few cans of the black/bushmills later?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dazbo666
World Chat Champion



Joined: 06 Jun 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:12 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love to be having a few pints of "Liffey Water", but I'm stuck on a 12 hour night shift https://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/schlafen/sleeping-smiley-015.gif
Still, it's fairly quiet, so at least the bank manager will be happy.

https://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-013.gif
____________________
1st bike (Sept'06 - May'10) : 1991 GPZ500S / Current bike (since Nov 2009) : 2003 Suzuki Bandit 600N
Word of the day : DILLIGAF
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

swampy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:32 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

dogbot wrote:
Anyone else cracking open a few cans of the black/bushmills later?


Nope, I'm an English atheist who couldn't give a toss...
____________________
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:36 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

swampy wrote:

Nope, I'm an English atheist who couldn't give a toss...


I'm from Northern Ireland and dont do St paddys day. Its a Catholic ocaision and I dont do it. Funny that people outside Ireland tend to go over the top with Paddys day but St Georges day passes without any one batting an eyelid.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

swampy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 04 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:43 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
swampy wrote:

Nope, I'm an English atheist who couldn't give a toss...


I'm from Northern Ireland and dont do St paddys day. Its a Catholic ocaision and I dont do it. Funny that people outside Ireland tend to go over the top with Paddys day but St Georges day passes without any one batting an eyelid.



My point exactly. I don't celebrate Bastille day or Independence day so why would I bother celebrating St Patricks day (I cant even bring myself to call it 'Paddy's' day).

If you're Irish then go for ya life if ya wanna, but I dont wanna be part of what is nothing more than a Guinness PR stunt in England.

I also really object to the tra lala, lucky charms, fucking Leprechaun bollocks that goes along with it.

Rant over (for the moment...)
____________________
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." Hunter S Thompson
"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death..." Hunter S Thompson
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:49 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll on 12th July. Thats all I have left to add on the subject. Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moncada
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:46 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

.
by the way st patrick was a welsh man
william of orange wasnt english, not even dutch, infact german.
the past is the past man let it go.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:58 - 17 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

moncada wrote:
.
by the way st patrick was a welsh man
william of orange wasnt english, not even dutch, infact german.
the past is the past man let it go.


Nothing to let go bud. May well be the past but whats the difference between me celebrating our history and the irish catcholics celebrating St paddys day? None. I've just as much right as anyone else has to celebrate significant days in our history.

Growing up in Belfast the past is still contended over and always will be. Just because we arent national news anymore doesnt mean we are all friends. There is still a lot of hatred in the country and there always will be.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moncada
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:08 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

true.
grew up in west belfast meself
all my hatered is gone.
we ll never be friends but your one funny fkr.
up the republic !
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:11 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

moncada wrote:
true.
grew up in west belfast meself
all my hatered is gone.
we ll never be friends but your one funny fkr.
up the republic !


Ulster says no!.... ok well perhaps..... maybe.

Its true though. I've no hatred in my. Its all a laugh and joke on the tinternet but I am proud of the heritage. My moms got herself a man on the green side and I keep her going about seamus the fenian.

I grew up on the east. Luckily enough away from the big estates that breeds hatred but as you know yourself, the schools are segregated and a haven for the us or them mentality of the country. Such a shame though because its a beautiful country.

As for never being friends. I'll happily be your friend but I just wont admit it in public cus your a fenian Laughing
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

moncada
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:19 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for never being friends. I'll happily be your friend but I just wont admit it in public cus your a fenian Laughing[/quote]
miles of smiles Mr. Green
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pinkyfloyd
Super Spammer



Joined: 20 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:29 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moncada, Life is too short to carry around hatred. I'll have a laugh and a joke but never mean to offend. The peace we have found back home is something, as kids growing up, we could only dream about, Sisters married a Catholic and has 2 wee proddy kids and 2 wee fenian kids. Go figure!

I'll have my "kick the pope" day on the 12th and hang my orange flag out of my balcony over here in England land because I'm proud of our history just like the catholics have their paddys day and drink the black stuff.
____________________
illuminateTHEmind wrote: I am just more evolved than most of you guys... this allows me to pick of things quickly which would have normally taken the common man years to master
Hockeystorm65:.well there are childish arguments...there are very childish arguments.....there are really stupid childish arguments and now there are......Pinkfloyd arguments!
Teflon-Mike:I think I agree with just about all Pinky has said.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

dogbot
World Chat Champion



Joined: 03 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:13 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

swampy wrote:
dogbot wrote:
Anyone else cracking open a few cans of the black/bushmills later?


Nope, I'm an English atheist who couldn't give a toss...


You gave enough of a toss to tell me about it, though. Cheers, cara! Smile
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

L4Isoside
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Mar 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 12:32 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out last night for celebrations (ended up with a hat too Very Happy).

"only a few" turned (as i expected) in to quite a lot Laughing

2 hours sleep ftw Laughing.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Dragonfly
Super Spammer



Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:37 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Re: Happy St. Patrick's Day! Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
swampy wrote:

Nope, I'm an English atheist who couldn't give a toss...


I'm from Northern Ireland and dont do St paddys day. Its a Catholic occasion and I dont do it. Funny that people outside Ireland tend to go over the top with Paddys day but St Georges day passes without any one batting an eyelid.

Theres a lot of Irish or wannabe Irish through out the world. We had hunting here, no blood shed I was photographer. I was mingling with toffs who where all drinking hot port.
____________________
All the breast.
Muzza on Binge:
He's too busy beating the everloving shit out of Lizzie to notice this thread has taken a turn down Drama Avenue and stopped off at the popcorn shop.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

moncada
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkyfloyd wrote:
Moncada, Life is too short to carry around hatred. I'll have a laugh and a joke but never mean to offend. The peace we have found back home is something, as kids growing up, we could only dream about, Sisters married a Catholic and has 2 wee proddy kids and 2 wee fenian kids. Go figure!

I'll have my "kick the pope" day on the 12th and hang my orange flag out of my balcony over here in England land because I'm proud of our history just like the catholics have their paddys day and drink the black stuff.

keep up the good work , i enjoy your inputs.
MILES OF SMILES
Moncada
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

moncada
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:50 - 18 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you know why there is a st patricks day parade in new york ?





it gives the jews a chance to look at the work force
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 199 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.11 Sec - Server Load: 0.93 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 99.97 Kb