Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Trackdays near Cambridge?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

T0MMY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:19 - 20 Mar 2011    Post subject: Trackdays near Cambridge? Reply with quote

I'm thinking of doing a trackday on my bike and I'm wondering where to find a decent, cheapish one near me.

I've never done one on a bike although I've done loads in cars but I used to live in Edinburgh so it was Knockhill or nothing. I guess my nearest tracks are Snetterton, Silverstone and Brand Hatch now but I'm not sure if there are other less well known ones about?

Basically, you can find cheap car trackdays (like the RAF Marham ones) at airfield tracks which are not that well advertised so I'm just wondering if it's the same with bike ones? Where's the best place to look?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

AngelGrinder
World Chat Champion



Joined: 09 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:20 - 20 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's Bedford Autodrome, which is in....Bedford. But there's not a huge amount of trackdays there....

https://www.clubmsv.com/bike-home.aspx

They have a few.
____________________
Currently Riding - 2002 Aprilia RSV1000 Mille
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

T0MMY
World Chat Champion



Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:45 - 20 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think they did bike track days for some reason so I never mentioned them. That's probably the closest then but a bit pricey.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer



Joined: 18 Nov 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:24 - 20 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silverstone?
____________________
My Flickr
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

alanp45
L Plate Warrior



Joined: 17 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 22:21 - 21 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

could try rockingham,near kettering, they have a choice of 2 circuts, check out there web site Very Happy
____________________
alanp45
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 195 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.05 Sec - Server Load: 0.7 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 42.45 Kb