Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Identify these ear plugs

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Jimbo6_uk
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:23 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Identify these ear plugs Reply with quote

I got given these ear plugs and really like them so want to buy more but not sure which brand they are?
There pretty manky now but they were originally a fluorescent yellow colour, anyone recognise them?

https://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq244/jimbo6_uk/Iphone004.jpg

Cheers
____________________
R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!



Joined: 15 Sep 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:27 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.glovesnstuff.com/EAR-Soft-Yellow-Neons-Ear-Plugs-SNR-36_APUWU.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=portal&utm_campaign=online

You really shouldn't re-use ear plugs more than once. I tend to throw mine away each day. The risk of getting an ear infection is far too high.

I use MAX-Lite earplugs and buy them in boxes of 200. That site sells 200 for £26.40 which is a snip to retain your hearing IMO.
____________________
British beauty: Triumph Street Triple R; Loony stroker: KR1S; Track fun: GSXR750 L1; Commuter Missile: GSX-S1000F; Cheap project: CBR900RR FireBlade
Remember kids, bikes aren't like lego. You can't easily take a part from one bike and then fit it to another.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jimbo6_uk
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:36 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats great cheers does look like its them will order a load

Thanks
____________________
R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Notj7
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:43 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can also use in-ear headphones, they do a good trick, and I swear I saw a massive bag of earplugs in BnQ for a fiver.
____________________
Left the forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Mira
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:21 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the yellow ones you wanted but I find these really comfy
moldex
____________________
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! ~ Dr Seuss.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jimbo6_uk
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:13 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive tried the moldex spark plugs previously, but these yellow ones seem to expand more slowly so I can get them deeper in me ear. Just ordered 20 pair off ebay for £2.40,
____________________
R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:06 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimboo wrote:
Can also use in-ear headphones, they do a good trick.


Which trick do they do exactly as it won't make much diffrence to haring loss?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JamesE90
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:08 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are what I use, they look the same...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOAM-EAR-PLUGS-30-PAIRS-E-A-R-SOFT-NEONS-EARPLUGS-/290537693942?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item43a56562f6#ht_1128wt_648
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

JamesE90
Renault 5 Driver



Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:15 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are what I use, they look the same...

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOAM-EAR-PLUGS-30-PAIRS-E-A-R-SOFT-NEONS-EARPLUGS-/290537693942?pt=UK_BOI_ProtectiveGear_RL&hash=item43a56562f6#ht_1128wt_648
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shreddie
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:12 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Jimboo wrote:
Can also use in-ear headphones, they do a good trick.

Which trick do they do exactly as it won't make much diffrence to haring loss?

Depends on the earphone... Some are classed as 'passive isolating' phones and can be every bit as good (or better) than foam plugs at cutting out outside noise.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Notj7
Brolly Dolly



Joined: 24 Aug 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:07 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Jimboo wrote:
Can also use in-ear headphones, they do a good trick.


Which trick do they do exactly as it won't make much diffrence to haring loss?


One's I have weren't expensive, and they have rubbery cones that as you shove them in your ear create a sort of suction and act as earphones - you can't hear bugger all!
____________________
Left the forum.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

trickysax
Nitrous Nuisance



Joined: 23 Feb 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 23:17 - 29 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to use those yellow ones but now I tend to use these as I find they block the white noise much better and are very comfy over a long period. Hope it helps someone.
____________________
C̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶b̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶B̶a̶n̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶6̶5̶0̶s̶ ̶ Sad
Its not about the destination, its the journey that counts.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZaphodBeeble
World Chat Champion



Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:38 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used these on a trip round Scotland a couple of years back. They seem to do the job. I doubt they're as good as proper earplugs but I was happy with them.
____________________
Current bike: VTR1000F Firestorm. Previous: Firestorm (written off) - XJ600 Divvy - NSR125 - DT125 and a load of offroaders.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

dextersaurus
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 Mar 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:40 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use In-ear headphones, very good for noise reduction from the outside. can only really head a bit of the wind at higher speeds, and the engine at higher revs.

Music is usally kept down low so i don't end up deaf.

Ear plugs i rarely use, but i have ones that i used to use on the range, since the MOD's big green ones are uncomfy and get in the way when shooting.

I did use the ones in your picture, found they were pretty good, but couldn't keep them in my lugs properly Laughing

dunc
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:33 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shreddie wrote:
Depends on the earphone... Some are classed as 'passive isolating' phones and can be every bit as good (or better) than foam plugs at cutting out outside noise.


But most aren't.

To suggest that all in ear earphones are as good as earplugs is clearly bollocks.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Walloper
Super Spammer



Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 06:15 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
https://www.glovesnstuff.com/EAR-Soft-Yellow-Neons-Ear-Plugs-SNR-36_APUWU.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=portal&utm_campaign=online

You really shouldn't re-use ear plugs more than once. I tend to throw mine away each day. The risk of getting an ear infection is far too high.

I use MAX-Lite earplugs and buy them in boxes of 200. That site sells 200 for £26.40 which is a snip to retain your hearing IMO.


A good point. I use earplugs daily but can use the same plugs several times. So long as they remain clean they should be OK. Clean fingers to insert.

Original poster:

I would consider using the local Jet wash to get some of muck out of those lugs boy. Razz Laughing
____________________
W-ireless A-rtificial L-ifeform L-imited to O-bservation P-eacekeeping and E-fficient R-epair
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Jimbo6_uk
Derestricted Danger



Joined: 20 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:38 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walloper wrote:


Original poster:

I would consider using the local Jet wash to get some of muck out of those lugs boy. Razz Laughing


They were clean when I put them in!! Very Happy
____________________
R6
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Mira
Scooby Slapper



Joined: 14 Feb 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 14:02 - 30 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jimbo6_uk wrote:
Walloper wrote:


Original poster:

I would consider using the local Jet wash to get some of muck out of those lugs boy. Razz Laughing


They were clean when I put them in!! Very Happy


Wow in that case you need to clean your ears Wink Laughing
____________________
I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat.  I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! ~ Dr Seuss.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Shreddie
Spanner Monkey



Joined: 20 Nov 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 00:48 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Shreddie wrote:
Depends on the earphone... Some are classed as 'passive isolating' phones and can be every bit as good (or better) than foam plugs at cutting out outside noise.


But most aren't.

To suggest that all in ear earphones are as good as earplugs is clearly bollocks.

Very true.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

ms51ves3
Super Spammer



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:12 - 31 Mar 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Ultrafit 20s. Had them the same pair of earplugs for 8 months now as you just wash and re-use.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.09 Sec - Server Load: 1.1 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 107.16 Kb