Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Does anyone live near Hinckley?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:32 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned wrote:
Have you got a bike .. ?? Idea

......................................................................................................................


I have nine

Clanger, that'd be really helpful thanks, I've tried Yell and didn't get much. But I'm sure there's plenty of little B&Bs that aren't listed Thumbs Up

Schythe; I'm Mech Eng with CAD, though thats a bit misleading as we only do a single CAD based module per year, and each one has been student centred learning, so no lectures or tutorials or anything. We're pretty much self taught. Feel free to PM or ask in the CAD thread if you get stuck with anything, it's a horrible learning curve
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Blackwolf
Burgerfist



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 09:33 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned wrote:
Do you know warped .. personally ... Question

....................................................................................................................



Will you just go an not come back?



Well done on the interview, maybe have a go at makinf some trimuph parts on SW and put them at the front of your portfolio Razz
____________________
Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 11:35 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned wrote:
Don't tell me what to do ' mate ' ..... don't speak or refer to me, and i won't feel the need to reply back to you, fucking dweeb .. Middle Finger


https://ochainn.ath.cx/pix/covwanker.png
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Scythe
Crazy Courier



Joined: 24 Jul 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:26 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:

Schythe; I'm Mech Eng with CAD, though thats a bit misleading as we only do a single CAD based module per year, and each one has been student centred learning, so no lectures or tutorials or anything. We're pretty much self taught. Feel free to PM or ask in the CAD thread if you get stuck with anything, it's a horrible learning curve


Ahh right, yeah that's very misleading! I like CAD, well the idea of it, but actually doing it is much harder! The biggest problem I have is with not fully defining my dimensions, but it's pretty fun when stuff works.

Are you 3rd year then?
____________________
2009 Yamaha YBR125 -> 2000 SV650S -> 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R 636
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:03 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tristan. wrote:
We're pretty much self taught.


So the stuff in the CAD thread, is that with solid works ?

Did you do it all on uni computers, or have you found a torrent that can get you a pirate copy ?

I wouldnt mind having a dabble, if you gave a link to a torrent for solidworks that works.

I tried to download it ages ago, but couldnt get it to work, might have needed a key or something.

I've had a play around on google sketchup, and it would be interesting to see what the professionals use.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:40 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's on solidworks on uni computers (3rd year btw)

Colin - there are torrents out there, but my home PC is a slow laptop so I've never bothered, you can try caligari which is free, though I can't comment on it as I've never used it.

Schythe, at some point in the next few days I was planning to present some stuff as sorta tutorials, as I've had quite a few PMs about help with this and that, so keen an eye out for them. When you have the basics its so much easier to learn.

Covdude. I'm not going to rise to you calling me a liar. I could easily prove that I'm telling the truth, but that wouldn't really benefit me at all. I probably wont even get the job.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:46 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Tristan. wrote:
We're pretty much self taught.


So the stuff in the CAD thread, is that with solid works ?

Did you do it all on uni computers, or have you found a torrent that can get you a pirate copy ?

I wouldnt mind having a dabble, if you gave a link to a torrent for solidworks that works.

I tried to download it ages ago, but couldnt get it to work, might have needed a key or something.

I've had a play around on google sketchup, and it would be interesting to see what the professionals use.


https://www.blender.org/typo3temp/pics/e673bb7b9d.jpg

https://www.blender.org

It's not CAD, it's for 3D modelling, but the principles are similar. It also has a fierce learning curve but there are lots of tutorials and help sites available.

And it's free, so you don't have to steal it.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Blackwolf
Burgerfist



Joined: 19 Nov 2006
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:40 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
Tristan. wrote:
We're pretty much self taught.


So the stuff in the CAD thread, is that with solid works ?

Did you do it all on uni computers, or have you found a torrent that can get you a pirate copy ?

I wouldnt mind having a dabble, if you gave a link to a torrent for solidworks that works.

I tried to download it ages ago, but couldnt get it to work, might have needed a key or something.

I've had a play around on google sketchup, and it would be interesting to see what the professionals use.



search fow solidworks in the geek section. i asjed for a torrent and i believe cansa found one for me. be warned its a very steep learning curve and it keeps going up Laughing
____________________
Current: Ducati Multistrada 1200s
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:30 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned wrote:
Covdude. I'm not going to rise to you calling me a liar. I could easily prove that I'm telling the truth, but that wouldn't really benefit me at all. I probably wont even get the job.

Wtf you on about, i can't recall if your a real life mate of warped .. if your not, your welcome to stay at mine, i live 200m from the main cov train station which is one change at nuneaton, to get to hincley.

Rolling Eyes Idea


ha, sorry. I thought "do you know warped" was a euphemism for being a bullshitter. Thanks for the offer, but I need to be there at 9am so it'd have to be walking distance. Rather than relying on trains at stupid O clock in the morning
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ichy
World Chat Champion



Joined: 15 Jul 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
it would be interesting to see what the professionals use.


Everywhere I've worked has used Catia.
____________________
https://www.metacafe.com/watch/1972097/how_to_behave_on_a_forum/
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 01:37 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned wrote:
Surely with the job being at Triumph you can go there on your bike !!! ?? Idea

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


He's got a morning interview and he lives in plymouth or maybe portsmouth. The interview is not too far from Birmingham

That ride would not have him too fresh to shine.

Having said that well done cov dude for making the offer, as I think thats the best one Tristan is gonna get.

I doubt there is going to be anyone on here walking distance from the place who will make an offer.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Steve H
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Oct 2003
Karma :

PostPosted: 10:48 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you make the assumption that BCF guises are in actual fact a reflection of real life persona’s then you’d have to possess balls of steel to roll up to Cov’s gaff with your sleeping bag ‘n jim jams and be 100% certain of coming out without being flushed down the bog reptile style, buried in the refurbished back yard or at the very least being at the wrong end of a torrent of unhinged potty mouthed abuse.

There’s nothing more important in your near future than this interview right now Tristan...

...except a recce and subsequent field report on Cov’s dwelling, character and fry-up skills. Fuck the job and think of how you wanna be remembered in the annals of BCF history – job hunting tosser or a reconnaissance mission reporting legend.

If it’s the former of the two, good luck with the interview you career focused Nobber Thumbs Up
____________________
Mellow Yellow
The BCF Top TEN - 2010, 2009, 2008, The Original.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

bazza
World Chat Champion



Joined: 27 Aug 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:10 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve H wrote:
...except a recce and subsequent field report on Cov’s dwelling, character and fry-up skills. Fuck the job and think of how you wanna be remembered in the annals of BCF history – job hunting tosser or a reconnaissance mission reporting legend.

If it’s the former of the two, good luck with the interview you career focused Nobber Thumbs Up


Apparently, Rohypnol is incredibly more-ish.
____________________
"That's it. You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college."
'98 Ducati 750SS, '08 Suzuki GSX650F ©2004-2014, Bazza's Harmless Banter
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Clanger
Stirrer



Joined: 27 May 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:31 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
I doubt there is going to be anyone on here walking distance from the place who will make an offer.


I've sent this thread to the people I know who do live a stroll away from the factory, and it's basically their call now.

If I were Tristan, I would consider taking a tent and camping. I know for a FACT there is ample camping around there, is because Mallory Park Circuit is just up the road.

You can camp here: The Coach House Inn, Church Road, Kirkby Mallory, Leics LE9 7QE Tel: 01455 844461 email: sue.coachhouse.googlepages.com (literally 10-15 mins drive from Triumph)
____________________
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter won't mind - Dr. Seuss
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

colin1
Captain Safety



Joined: 17 Feb 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:38 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Covdude may be an easy target, but he is actually the only person to have made an offer, not a bad one either and I think he deserves some credit for that.

He particularly deserves credit, as he is potentially opening up his home to public ridicule too. As he is a bit of a character, I'm sure there are some aspects of his accomodation which could be seen as a bit unusual in a bad way.

I know clanger is trying to help with the camping suggestion, but I would suggest that camping a night before an important, possibly life changing interview, is a very bad idea indeed.
____________________
colin1 is officially faster than god
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Tristan.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 26 May 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 04 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I would of taken up Covdude if I was riding. But although I have 9 bikes, none are on the road atm. No time to sort small problems with dissertation due. Sorry for the misunderstanding, though I find it quite funny that I automatically thought "do you know Warped" was a euthemism for being a bullshitter.

I rebuilt a friend of a friends DNA50 yesterday, so money isn't going to be an issue. Plus I may be able to reclaim expenses. So the accomodation is sorted, but thanks Clanger and Covdude Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Banned This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 185 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.13 Sec - Server Load: 1.39 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 126.49 Kb