Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums


Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?'

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  
Author Message

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 02:13 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?' Reply with quote

I am really enjoying the programme. The woman can handle dogs really well. I kinda find Victoria Stillwell really sexy. Very Happy

I was thinking of getting a Japanese Akita a few months ago but now I work 12 hour shifts and won't have the time to give a dig a gokd life. However I do love watching dogs on youtube and reading on breds. Very Happy

I think I have learnt a few things from the show too. I know there are a few dog owners on here.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

fid1892
Two Stroke Sniffer



Joined: 22 Mar 2011
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:06 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Re: Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?' Reply with quote

MinhDinh wrote:
I was thinking of getting a Japanese Akita a few months ago


Fantastic idea ...... we have one and couldn't imagine being without him now. If you can find someone who can help out in looking after him during the day, and you can find time to take him for an hour or so walk each day, you won't regret it
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TQ
Trackday Trickster



Joined: 17 Dec 2009
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:21 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that program!

I've got her book as well read it all and watched all the episodes on 4OD before we got our dog a couple of months ago. Definitely think she's got a good training method with the whole positive reinforcement thing.
____________________
First Bike :Gilera DNA 50 | Second: Imported 1989 NSR125
Third: 1998 Yamaha XJ600N | Currently: 1999 Yamaha FZS600
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 13:30 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Re: Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?' Reply with quote

fid1892 wrote:
MinhDinh wrote:
I was thinking of getting a Japanese Akita a few months ago


Fantastic idea ...... we have one and couldn't imagine being without him now. If you can find someone who can help out in looking after him during the day, and you can find time to take him for an hour or so walk each day, you won't regret it


How on earth do you manage with the malting?!

I was given one for a while. Lovely dog.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 15:55 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dog's malting will be an issue I guess, loads of cleaning. Walking I can do. How long did 10 miles take you?
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:11 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Re: Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?' Reply with quote

Chalky. wrote:
How on earth do you manage with the malting?!

I was given one for a while. Lovely dog.


I got a big old Scottish retriever. He is big and fluffy and never EVER stops shedding. I shall be honest. We never have managed with the malting. We just buy rugs similar colours to him now. Thumbs Up
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Nai
World Chat Champion



Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 16:12 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinhDinh wrote:
Dog's malting will be an issue I guess, loads of cleaning. Walking I can do. How long did 10 miles take you?


According to the speedometer on my push bike, the average person walks 3-4 miles an hour.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

scorps
World Chat Champion



Joined: 29 Jan 2007
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:53 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: , Reply with quote

Malting is the process of converting barley into malt.

moulting or molting also known as sloughing or shedding, is the manner in which an animal routinely casts off a part of its body (often but not always an outer layer or covering), either at specific times of year, or at specific points in its life-cycle.


just saying Rolling Eyes
____________________
Do not presume that I am male.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:12 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nai wrote:
MinhDinh wrote:
Dog's malting will be an issue I guess, loads of cleaning. Walking I can do. How long did 10 miles take you?


According to the speedometer on my push bike, the average person walks 3-4 miles an hour.


Hmmm so it's pretty hard to manage then. I couldn't have hair around to tell you the truth. Akita's have 2 big sheds, but I suppose it will always come out every day.

Warp, can you bump your dog threads. Malmutes are really good looking and require loads of walking because they have so much energy. 2 hours a day plus other time is too difficult when I work 12 hour shifts atm.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Paivi
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:42 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you work 12h shifts, tbh, I'm not sure you should get a dog. It's not fair on the dog to be left alone for that length of time, and I'm not sure if it's beneficial for the dog to be left in the care of a doggie daycare either, as it'd be unsettling for it.
____________________
My other bike's a Monster... Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 20:46 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not getting a dog, that's what has stopped me from getting one, especiall a dog such as an akita who needs love and stimulus!
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:08 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Re: Anyone watch 'It's me or the dog?' Reply with quote

Nai wrote:
Chalky. wrote:
How on earth do you manage with the malting?!

I was given one for a while. Lovely dog.


I got a big old Scottish retriever. He is big and fluffy and never EVER stops shedding. I shall be honest. We never have managed with the malting. We just buy rugs similar colours to him now. Thumbs Up


I'm used to the collies and spaniels molting, this was on another level though!

Such fine hair, really was unbelievable. Got absolutely everywhere! Had her in the pack of my pickup once, the load section looked like it had a carpet after.

I don't think I'd have one because of it, as good dogs as they can be.

Wifey wants a retriever at some point Rolling Eyes
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:36 - 07 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you brush the Akita every day chalky? Maybe that's why?

Also did it drool a lot?

What are the pro's and con's?
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
warped one This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 08:45 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinhDinh wrote:
Did you brush the Akita every day chalky? Maybe that's why?

Also did it drool a lot?

What are the pro's and con's?


I did yes, the birds must have loved her for next material! Every brush stroke, the brush was full Laughing I know the molting was one of the reasons hellkat didnt get one.

Don't think she really drooled much no.

There's loads of info all over the net but, have a look. Strong dogs, pure muscle. They're pack dogs, so you and your family is their pack. Someone new comes into the pack, they sometimes don't like it. Not good when it could be a baby.
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer



Joined: 21 Apr 2004
Karma :

PostPosted: 17:15 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

warped one wrote:
Contray to belief Malamutes can adapt very well to been inside for long periods. Mine used to sleep all day then wake up when I got home. And been 'killed' with a Monmouth walk.


What with Monmouth being a place in south wales I fail to understand this?
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

MinhDinh
World Chat Champion



Joined: 01 Jan 2005
Karma :

PostPosted: 18:18 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
warped one wrote:
Contray to belief Malamutes can adapt very well to been inside for long periods. Mine used to sleep all day then wake up when I got home. And been 'killed' with a Monmouth walk.


What with Monmouth being a place in south wales I fail to understand this?


I didn't get the monouth and killed bit myself.

Also warp is replying to me when I am not even asking about Malamutes and am specifically asking about Akita's. However he is trying to be helpful.
____________________
Hit the G spot. Wink
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

Chalky.
World Chat Champion



Joined: 30 Jun 2010
Karma :

PostPosted: 19:46 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he replied off a smart phone, wanting to write mammoth. He spelt it wrong and predictive thing put Monmouth.

Killed I think he meant knackered out!

Only time ever saw my old collie tired was after he climbed Ben Nevis with me Laughing
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts

TimNorwich
Traffic Copper



Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Karma :

PostPosted: 21:52 - 08 Apr 2011    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the lady is hot, and I also love her facial expressions as she looks at the camera Wink
____________________
Speedshite 50cc > Honda XR125L > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 02 Honda Hornet > 05 Honda CG125 winter hack > 04 Kawasaki ER-5 > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > Kawasaki GPZ 500 S > 99 Honda Hornet 600 > 05 Honda CBR600F > 01 Honda Hornet
 Back to top
View user's profile Send private message You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 15 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
  Display posts from previous:   
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

Read the Terms of Use! - Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group
 

Debug Mode: ON - Server: birks (www) - Page Generation Time: 0.12 Sec - Server Load: 0.55 - MySQL Queries: 13 - Page Size: 119.23 Kb